News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More- Page 2

Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#25Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:45pm

Not sure how anyone would come up with "Ever After", put Sherlock Holmes on that one...

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#26Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 5:14pm

Erin Dilly Fan, someone in the other thread actually did suggest Ever After. I believe every one of the shows announced was mentioned in the other thread before the announcement.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 6:07pm

I'm just really curious as to how "big" Hunchback is going to be. Like design wise.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#28Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 6:33pm

I've mentioned it before on here, the treatment I've read (and written by someone VERY close to Peter and the Starcatchers) has it very scaled down. Don't expect lavish sets and costumes. It's none of that.

Updated On: 2/26/14 at 06:33 PM

degrassifan
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 9:03pm

They have a great season. I might actually attempt to catch all five shows. Makes up for the rather boring season they put out this year(2012-13).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

wester1
#31Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/27/14 at 8:39pm

I was reading the wikipedia entry for Der Glockner/Hunchback, which lists that Alexander Dodge is the set designer. After consulting his website (alexanderdodgedesign.com), I realized that he's already designed a production (a play adaptation?) of Hunchback in Canada. You can see some nice photos/set mockups on the site.

Is anyone willing to guess that this design is being modified for Papermill?

chrisampm2
#32Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/27/14 at 9:06pm

Ripped Man, I mean no judgement. I'm just curious. Many of your posts focus on how "big" a production is (ie Little Miss S, Hunchback, hand to God). Is this a determining factor in your enjoyment of a show or in your sense of whether the show will be commercially successful?

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#33Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/27/14 at 9:48pm

Anyone have any idea when they'll start selling tickets for Hunchback?

Ed_Mottershead
#34Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/27/14 at 10:51pm

As an aging old-timer, I'm interested in the revival of Can-Can. The book was ALWAYS execrable, but the score, production and, especially, the choreography made it memorable. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the book revisions, but I also vividly remember what a mess they did with On A Clear Day in an effort to "improve" the book -- and it was far worse than the original, which was no great shakes to start with. Hope springs eternal, I guess.

BroadwayEd

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#35Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/28/14 at 12:35am

Is the HUNCHBACK timing to accomodate a TV/Actor from Broadway?

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#36Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/28/14 at 12:36pm

The Can Can revivial should be intriguing. Joel Fields who reworked the book is a really good writer!

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#37Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 3/28/14 at 2:04pm

Looks like Papermill is almost like an out of town tryout pre Broadway these days and it makes sense. They did Honeymoon in Vegas recently . Cheaper prices( for producers instead of renting a Broadway theater) nd a way to keep reviewers out of the theater until the show is ready.

Poster Emeritus

Videos