News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More

Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
RW3
#2Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:41pm

Well, I was wrong. I guess Hunchback will be going to Broadway during the 2015-2016 season

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#3Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:42pm

Were those two children in the last picture of the clues named Vanya and Sonia or Masha and Spike?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#4Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:43pm

So is this a different production of Hunchback than what is going to La Jolla or is Hunchback no longer playing La Jolla..?

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
neonlightsxo
#7Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:44pm

It's a co-production b/w La Jolla and Paper Mill I believe. So it'll play both?

thespian geek
broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#9Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:48pm

Wow. I am very impressed by this season!

3 productions I am really want to see (and I guess it never could hurt to see Vanya, Sonia, et al again)

Almost worth a partial subscription plan?

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

PlayItAgain
#10Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:50pm

It was suppose to premiere at La Jolla first but now it seems its premiering at Papermill first...wow what a stacked season.

Gothampc
#11Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:55pm

Who is the star for Can-Can?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

neonlightsxo
#12Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:56pm

I still think it could play both. La Jolla dates for Hunchback are Oct. 28-Dec. 7 2014. Paper Mill Dates are March 4 through April 5, 2015.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#13Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More

Hopefully Hilty.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#14Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More

I was just wondering the same, especially since its run seems short. I wonder if it's someone who would have other commitments, or that's just how the scheduled worked out.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

thebeautyis3
#15Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:57pm

YES. I am so excited that Ever After is finally happening. What do you think the chances are that the workshop cast will appear in the Papermill production (Sierra Boggess, Jeremy Jordan, Ashley Spencer, Jan Maxwell, Tony Sheldon, etc)?

NewSynchopation
#16Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 3:58pm

This is one of their best seasons ever. So excited that Can Can is coming back.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:07pm

Papermill is calling Hunchback the US premiere even though it's premiering in La Jolla first?

PlayItAgain
#18Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:16pm

Something makes me think its no longer happening at La Jolla first....

Liza's Headband
#19Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:21pm

If it's a co-production, it would technically be the "U.S. Premiere" at the second theater. La Jolla and Papermill would share that distinction because they're exclusively co-producing the premiere. Where it plays when is somewhat irrelevant, as it's the same production just moving to a new theater (and THAT particular production is a "U.S. Premiere" production).

ETA: Just to clarify further, it doesn't matter which theatre company gets it first or second. They both have a hand in mounting the "U.S. Premiere" as co-producers and presenters. So yes, they can both receive the credit of premiering it. If La Jolla had exclusively premiered their own production and did it before Paper Mill's, they could be the only company to claim ownership of that distinction, but this is joint production where the same cast & crew are traveling with the show to both coasts. They're also sharing in the production costs, so it's a no brainer.

Updated On: 2/26/14 at 04:21 PM

Paper Mill PR Profile Photo
Paper Mill PR
#20Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:26pm

Thanks for your interest in our season. Hunchback of Notre Dame is a co-production of the US premiere with La Jolla.

Paper Mill PR Profile Photo
Paper Mill PR
adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#22Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:30pm

Gotta give them credit for doing two new-ish musicals next year. They seem to be moving away from the incredibly safe, yet boring, seasons they had a few years ago (during their "dark days" when closure seemed imminent). Glad to see that they've recovered.

beautywickedlover
#23Paper Mill Unveils 2014-15 Season with Broadway Bound CAN-CAN, US Premiere of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, EVER AFTER & More
Posted: 2/26/14 at 4:38pm

I really hope that Sierra Boggess and Ashley Spencer stay with 'Ever After'. They are perfect for Danielle and Marguriette.

thespian geek

Videos