News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Saved 5/15/08 Review

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#25re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 1:31am

LGal, the stagedoor is the main lobby where the audience enters. The cast comes out from the door in the far back. Sorry for the confusion again, everyone.

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#26re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 1:50am

YAY! I just booked my seats for May 29th.

Do you think the show will be 'frozen' by then?

DidYouReallyHearMe
#27re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 2:03am

The show is basically frozen now. Many cast members said the writers are content with the show at this point.

Since May 10th they've made quite a few necessary changes.

notabb
#28re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 11:48am

I thought the show was a hell of a lot of fun. Especially loved the Title song and What Am I MIssing? Had seen the reading when Cassandra and Roland were played beautifully by Jamie Lynn Seigler and Bobby Steggert BUT , happily , Morgan Weed and Curtis Holbrook were great.The whole cast was wonderful. The closing line of the show was perfection !

LimelightMike
#29re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 1:07pm

Awesome, awesome!

Say, does John Dempsey (and Co.) attend performances?

I'd LOVE to meet Mr. Dempsey (and) Celia!
Updated On: 5/17/08 at 01:07 PM

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#30re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 2:56pm

Does anyone think there will be a cast recording because the music is great

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#31re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 7:22pm

I saw it today at the matinee ~ via student rush. Yes, they actually had rush today. I loved it and agree with most of what's been said.

Incidentally, you may be better off waiting in the outer lobby (where the ticket window is) as some of the case exits through the stairs out there. I missed a few that way today.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

LimelightMike
#32re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 8:56pm

Anyone else with insight on whether or not the show will be 'frozen' by 05.29 - when I venture to Playwrights Horizons? I figure with less than a week to open, I'll be in luck. For anyone else with an assumption, it'd be apreciated.

Best,
- Mike re: Saved 5/15/08 Review

teka21
#33re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 8:58pm

What was the running time?
Thanks.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#34re: Saved 5/15/08 Review
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:06pm

2 hours 20 minutes. With a 15 minute intermission.

As far as frozen...probably around then. Seema like N2N did a press performance the Saturday before it opened and was "frozen" then...until they started making changes again. LOL.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

LimelightMike
#35SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:24pm

Do you think it'd be at all possible if SAVED, with positive word of mouth and solid reviews, to make the transition from Plyawrights to the Circle in the Square?

Broadway212
#36SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:32pm

I hope this musical makes it to broadway. It is by far with a few exceptions the best musical I have seen in a while in my opinion.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#37SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:34pm

Hmmm... I don't know. If it does get to Broadway, it needs to be in a small house. Circle might work... I don't know. I liked it well enough...I'm just not sure it's transfer-ready.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Broadway212
#38SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:37pm

does anyone know why it is closing june 22

LimelightMike
#39SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:57pm

...Playwrights Horizons doesn't do open-ended runs.
SAVED is a limited engagment (unless otherwise noted with an extention). We'll hafta wait and see.

Broadway212
#40SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 9:59pm

I wonder since it is sold out almost every night thats a really good sign that it can go to broadway

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#41SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 10:17pm

It's a tiny theatre, so sold out there doesn't necessarily mean sold out on Broadway. And today ~ a Saturday matinee ~ there were at least 15 of us in the rush line and everyone got tickets. So it's not totally sold out for every performance.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 5/17/08 at 10:17 PM

LimelightMike
#42SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 10:27pm

What about the Booth? That only seats, what, 800?

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#43SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 10:31pm

The Circle in the Square seats 800 too, I think.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

LimelightMike
#44SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 10:33pm

Oh really? That's perfect!

Broadway212
#45SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 11:00pm

I think a theater that holds 800 is perfect not to small not to big this show should be in a small theater this way you can appreciate it more than when it's in a big theater and you sit all the way in the back and you can hardly see the actors

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#46SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 11:08pm

jordangirl, were you at the rush line long enough to see that old woman? Made my day. Oh, and I asked Celia about a CR, but she said there's no word yet. I loved the new ending to the first act, and they're really doing a good job of tightening and making it flow better. I don't know about them transferring to the Circle, but they'll probably move to an Off-Broadway theatre...hopefully.

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#47SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 11:12pm

Oh my lord, that woman made my day. I experienced the whole thing. (I was in jeans and the yankees hoodie with a ponytail.) What a piece of work. SHE alone was worth the price of admission. LOL.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#48SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 11:19pm

I saw it for the second time tonight.

I really liked the changes they made, with the prom stuff, birth scene, a few others. It was tighter overall, ran more smoothly, and the audience really seemed to love it.

The songs, I wasn't so crazy about last time, but after a week of *reflection*, I have quite a few that I really like- Heaven, I'm Not The Man, Make It True, Something Wrong, Pastor's Son, Can't Help It (Love song), and a couple others I can't think of right now.

Performances were strong last week, they have gotten stronger. Better timing and delivery overall.

I will definitely be going again!

Broadway212
#49SAVED at The Circle....?
Posted: 5/17/08 at 11:24pm

liotte how was the prom and the birth scene situated when you first saw it I saw it a few days ago so I was just wondering how the original scene went

Videos