News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 103

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2550Hair thread.
Posted: 1/21/10 at 6:31am

Im Confused because if Bryce already has a principle role then why would he also understudy berger?

kcr1
#2551Hair thread.
Posted: 1/21/10 at 10:51pm

hey all, I'm sorry to interrupt this conversation, but I am madly searching for some pictures from Hair... I didn't know they existed until I saw some pretty graphics made from them and I was hoping you could help me find them? They are pictures of Claude in his military uniform, a picture of Claude giving Sheila the flower, and a picture of Claude putting a flower into the gun. If you could hook me up with any of these, I would appreciate it SO much. thank you <3

kryst22 Profile Photo
kryst22
#2552Hair thread.
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:09am

Devious,

I think when Ryan left there was a need for a 2nd Berger cover.

Luv2goToShows
#2553Hair thread.
Posted: 1/22/10 at 10:28am

Not sure if it is a possibility, but maybe only one of them is going across the pond, while the other stays on B'Way. Just a thought.

On that note, I would love to catch Bryce in as Berger.

shesamarshmallow
#2554Hair thread.
Posted: 1/22/10 at 10:43am

Bryce as Berger, Jackie as Sheila and Josh as Margaret Mead are all UNREAL and AMAZING and if you can make it to the Hirschfeld this week, I recommend it!

Jackie Burns & Josh Lamon will also be singing at NYTB @ the D-Lounge this monday, songs by Carner & Gregor and Will Van Dyke, only $10 cover
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Burns_Jordan_Matlock_Snow_More_Join_NYTB_in_the_DLounge_125_20100120

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2555Hair thread.
Posted: 1/22/10 at 3:45pm

Do you have to be 21 to get in? I really wanna see that show.

Luv2goToShows
#2556Hair thread.
Posted: 1/23/10 at 8:59am

No Devious, some parents have asked the same about bringing their children to the show and what age is appropriate, Hair posted this on their FB page in response:

Official HAIR Broadway While many parents, grandparents and other grown-ups have found this show suitable for young adults, parental discretion is advised.

For a direct account of bringing a young person to HAIR, please see Robin Pogebrin's article from The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/29/theater/29youn.html?_r=1

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2557Hair thread.
Posted: 1/23/10 at 1:59pm

I've seen hair twice already, I was referring to the show with Jackie Burns on Monday. Sorry I should have been more clear.

mgcproductions Profile Photo
mgcproductions
#2558Hair thread.
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:00pm

This has not been announced to the press/public yet but Bryce Ryness & his band Ryness will be performing in this concert on March 21st along w/ Katie Thompson, Meredith Patterson, Shonn Wiley, and more.

Tickets are only $15 check it out, seats are very limited so order early!

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/event.php?eid=239673908617&ref=ts

sgv123
#2559Hair thread.
Posted: 1/23/10 at 8:21pm

Is anyone watching the SAG awards? Did anyone notice Theo at the Glee table with Lea Michele?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2560Hair thread.
Posted: 1/23/10 at 10:38pm

The B'way community is pretty small. If you look at 'degrees of separation' they are close with only John Gallagher connecting them. Or either of the other two Spring Awakening cast that were (are?) in AI. (But no, I didn't see it.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 1/23/10 at 10:38 PM

shesamarshmallow
#2561Hair thread.
Posted: 1/24/10 at 11:42am

You don't have to be 21 to get in, but you obviously will not be served alcohol. :)

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2562Hair thread.
Posted: 1/24/10 at 1:53pm

The one drink minimum threw me off... AWESOME! I'm excited now =D

sgv123
#2563Hair thread.
Posted: 1/30/10 at 9:51am

Jeannette starts today.

sgv123
#2564Hair thread.
Posted: 1/30/10 at 9:51am

Jeannette starts today and Jay Johnson is in Paris's track.

Luv2goToShows
#2565‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/1/10 at 6:25pm

Recording of the dance party each night, for personal downloads and sharing on twitter/FB

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/02/theater/02hair.html?ref=theater

February 2, 2010
‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love

By PATRICK HEALY
That most precious of Broadway marketing tools — favorable word of mouth among theatergoers — is being transformed for the Facebook generation.

Starting Tuesday night a high-definition video camera, attached near the balcony rail at the Al Hirschfeld Theater, will capture the so-called dance parties at the end of the each performance of “Hair,” when cast members of the musical revival coax audience members onstage to rock out with them as the band plays “Let the Sunshine In.”

During four minutes of taping, set off by the press of a button in the light booth, the camera will follow a programmed sequence panning across the stage and capturing close-ups of the frolicking patrons.

About four hours after each performance the video will be available for anyone to view on hairbroadway.com. Visitors can choose any dance party to download to Facebook pages, or share with friends and others through e-mail or Twitter. Audience members can tag themselves on the videos so that friends can go to the “Hair” Web site and find the precise moment when the person appears on screen.

Oskar Eustis, the artistic director of the Public Theater, which produced “Hair” in 2008 and is one of its Broadway backers, said he believed that the videos of smiling, dancing audience members would spread quickly among friends and help widen the potential audience for the show, which won the 2009 Tony Award for best musical revival.

“My initial concern was that the video would be of lousy quality, and the eureka moment came when I saw the first test of the technology,” Mr. Eustis said. “It wasn’t just, ‘There’s a guy I know in a pink shirt.’ It really managed to convey the fun and spirit of community that people experience at ‘Hair.’ ”

Joey Parnes, the executive producer of “Hair,” said he spent weeks working with Actors’ Equity and the musicians’ union to win their approval for the repeated videotaping, which was not covered in the contracts. “The unions were great in seeing how this could help a show, which means jobs,” Mr. Parnes said.

Executives said the cost totaled in the low five figures; the videos will be free online.

Damian Bazadona, president of Situation Interactive, which handles interactive marketing for many Broadway shows and proposed the videos, said that the dance party was a rare opportunity to create buzz because few Broadway shows allow audience members onstage.

“We’ll be looking for other ways to connect theater to its audience, and get that word out to the larger public,” Mr. Bazadona said. “Since the average person has 130 friends on Facebook, I think ‘Hair’ will see huge organic growth from this.”

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2566‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/1/10 at 6:44pm

saw hair for the first time last week

love it
amazing
already got tickets for the end of feb

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2567‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/1/10 at 9:25pm

Theyre recording the dance parties?! Thats crazy.

MunchkininOZ629 Profile Photo
MunchkininOZ629
#2568‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 2:45am

I'm sure i'm cluttering all the show threads but just kind of wondering if anyone knows how lotto for Hair has been lately? I'm going the Saturday before Valentine's Day so i feel like it might be busy. Do they offer discounted tickets for losers of the lotto?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2569‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 4:52am

The idea of recording the 'dance' party has been around for a long time. Fun that they are putting it into action!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lmw8880
#2570‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 8:12am

MunchkininOZ629 I was also wondering about the lotto lately too. I am going tomorrow night and was wondering what to expect. Thanks in advance!

sgv123
#2571‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 10:54am

A video was posted on facebook with the cast talking about London....and trying to master the British accent :)

http://www.facebook.com/HairTheMusicalLondon#/video/video.php?v=1364451791278

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#2572‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 1:51pm

I wish they had the dance party tomorrow night! Lol, my cousin and I are seeing HAIR for the first time tomorrow night! Looking forward to it!
I hope Gavin Creel isn’t on vacation this week either!! Anyone know if he is or not? Thanks :)

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

MunchkininOZ629 Profile Photo
MunchkininOZ629
#2573‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 4:10pm

lmw8880, lemme know how it goes! I really want to know if there's gonna be a lot of people and if the offer discounted tix afterwards like ITH does.

lmw8880
#2574‘Hair’ Has New Way to Spread the Love
Posted: 2/2/10 at 8:35pm

MunchkininOZ629-I will try to let you know tomorrow night but I don't know if I will have access to the internet. If not I'll let you know Friday.

I am also hoping Gavin is better by tomorrow night!

Videos