News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 101

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

eunbee
#2500Hair thread.
Posted: 12/22/09 at 7:41pm

There is a contest on the Hair Twitter

The Tribe is performing in Times Square on NYE for NBC. We want YOU guys to be our audience so we are giving away 10 pairs of VIP tix. Winners will be chosen at random by tomorrow morning. Please only enter if you will be in NYC on New Year's Eve and are sure you can attend. All you have to do is tell us (in 140 characters) why HAIR is your favorite show. Get creative -- write us song lyrics, a poem, etc! 5 pairs of stand-by tickets. Have you ever wanted to experience Times Square on NYE? Here's your chance! And you'll prob be on TV!

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#2501Hair thread.
Posted: 12/26/09 at 12:24am

Does anyone know if replacements have been cast yet?

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#2502Hair thread.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 11:11pm

From Andrew Kober's twitter:

Live theatre. Will out, Steel (on for Berger) twists his ankle during "Hair." Bryce does Act 2 as Berger (first time ever), Jay on as Woof.

Wow. Yet another injury. Was anyone there?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2503Hair thread.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 11:39pm

yikes!! and I think Steel is currently the only cover for Berger. If Will's supposed to be out again tomorrow, who'll cover Berger??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

viola13
#2504Hair thread.
Posted: 1/8/10 at 12:09am

Bryce is the second cover.

kryst22 Profile Photo
kryst22
#2505Hair thread.
Posted: 1/8/10 at 12:11am

yep, and Steel is the first. Unless Steel is on vacay this week

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2506Hair thread.
Posted: 1/8/10 at 12:51am

it must be fairly new for Bryce to be covering Berger. The last time I saw the show(Sept. 26), Steel was listed as the only cover for Berger. I figured they'd add another cover in time but never thought it would be Bryce. Kudos!!

Has their been any other additions to the understudy list??

and has Michael James Scott gone on for Margaret Mead at all?? Has Andrew ever missed a show??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 1/8/10 at 12:51 AM

singalongsong2
#2507Hair thread.
Posted: 1/8/10 at 1:04am

I don't think Andrew missed any shows yet. However, he does have a vacation coming up.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2508Hair thread.
Posted: 1/8/10 at 2:58am

From the thread specifically discussing this: Bryce was put on as cover a bit ago: but has only had ONE rehearsal for Berger.

I don't know how he OR Jay did: but it sounded like Bryce didn't have the "Berger Costume" on...which sounded odd.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#2509Hair thread.
Posted: 1/10/10 at 1:40pm

Just came across this video, and it pretty much made my day. Billy Elliot does Hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Mie7SVtsg

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2510Hair thread.
Posted: 1/12/10 at 11:58pm

Just a quick question. I walked by the theater today and saw that Krystal Joy Brown was on as Dionne. Was this her first time performing the role??

singalongsong2
#2511Hair thread.
Posted: 1/13/10 at 12:03am

No, Krystal has gone on many times as Dionne.

Updated On: 1/13/10 at 12:03 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2512Hair thread.
Posted: 1/13/10 at 10:08am

thanks!

sgv123
#2513Hair thread.
Posted: 1/13/10 at 11:10am

I saw Krystal go on for act 1 back in October.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#2514Hair thread.
Posted: 1/13/10 at 3:02pm

How has the standing room line been?? I wanna go and try to get tickets on Sunday, and i know the BO opens at 12..what time do you think would be good to get there?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Will O'Donnell Profile Photo
Will O'Donnell
#2515Hair thread.
Posted: 1/13/10 at 3:03pm

Considering the cast and production, I think it's safe to say that this is the best show Broadway right now!

Fiyero22
#2516Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 12:36am

im trying the lotto tomorrow... (8 o'clock show)
what are the chances?
i've never done a lotto before

kryst22 Profile Photo
kryst22
#2517Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 11:20am

@CS You could probably get there about 30 minutes early and get standing room easily. The show needs to be close to selling out for the box office to sell them to you. I know last Saturday they weren't selling any of the standing room until after lotto was over.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#2518Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 3:22pm

Lotto is not easy. I tried it a couple of months ago on a Sunday and there were well over 100 people...help me out if I am wrong but I believe they called 13 or 14 names - seats are in the boxes to the left and right of the stage. I did win and was lucky to get a seat on the end so I had no real obstruction.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

lmw8880
#2519Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 3:54pm

I have yet another lotto question. I am planning on seeing Hair the first week of February (probably a Wednesday night if that makes a difference)and was wondering what the likelihood of getting tickets? IS it worth getting tickets now? Also, what are the alternatives for people who don't win the lottery? Are there any discounted tickets or SRO? There will be two of us so that doubles our chances. I have only done the lotto twice for two different shows(lost once and won once...those are pretty good odds :). Does anyone have any suggestions to what time to get to the bo? I think it's two hour prior but I'm not sure.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but there are a lot of pages for this thread and I didn't read every single one of them.

Thank you in advance for your help!

DefyGravity777
#2520Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 4:08pm

"How has the standing room line been?? I wanna go and try to get tickets on Sunday, and i know the BO opens at 12..what time do you think would be good to get there?"

I saw the show 2 weeks ago on a Sunday and got standing room. I got the last one right after lotto(there was about 200 people). There was about 6 people standing there when I walked by at 11:30am(it was also about 6 degrees out).

I saw Krystal as Dionne that day also.

Caissie has a vacation coming up this coming week.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

singalongsong2
#2521Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 8:46pm

Theo Stockman's last day is this Saturday (1/16).

I really like Theo. He was one of the tribe members that really stood out to me.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2522Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 9:06pm

ARe they starting AI rehearsals already? Seems a bit early. A shame I did't get to see him in Hair again. I, too, really enjoyed his performance.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2523Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 10:19pm

Did anyone get to see Nicole as Dionne last night? I was at the matinee and she went on for act 2. I would love to get to see her do the whole show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2524Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 11:07pm

is Nicole now the third cover for Dionne?? I'm guessing Krystal is the first, then Chasten Harmon is second. I'm assuming Sasha Allen is on vacation this week. She was out Tuesday & tonight as well.

Tonight's u/s were:

Dionne - Krystal Joy Brown
Crissy - Briana Carlson-Goodman
Abe Linclon - Maya Sharpe
Tribe - Matt, Hannah, Antwayn, Ryan, Chasten

Videos