News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 102

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2525Hair thread.
Posted: 1/14/10 at 11:39pm

Sasha is sick, she went on for act 1 during the matinee yesterday and left during intermission. Krystal was out. Nicole was covering Abe Lincoln and Chasten was in her track. Nicole went on as Dionne as well as Abe Lincoln, Briana went on in her place, and the White Boys trio was Nicole, Chasten, and Maya.

How did Maya do as Abe Lincoln?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 1/14/10 at 11:39 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2526Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 12:01am

didn't see the show Tuesday or Thursday night, I just happened to pass by the theater around 6:00 both nights. Did try the lotto Thursday night but didn't win(about 50 people there; including Nick Adams who, of course, won lotto.)

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

karennnnn
#2527Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 1:22pm

Hiya Starshines!
I'd love to come up to see Hair before the transfer but am nervous about relying on TDF or any alternatives to purchasing tickets the day of the show. That being said, I also don't have mucho bucks and will be taking my family so I need to be able to afford 4 tickets.
We'd probably come to a weekday show and it looks as if tickets start at $37 for a seat in the way back of the orchestra if I was looking at the seating chart correctly. That I can probably do, but I want to make sure we can see and experience the show. And of course get loved on by some hippies.
What's everyone's thoughts on the "cheap" seats?

And dance party--can anyone come up and participate? How does that work?

Thanks Hair thread.

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2528Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 2:31pm

For the dance party they bring out a little railing for the stairs and the entire crowd is invited on stage

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#2529Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 2:55pm

I'm pretty sure those $37 seats are in the back of the mezz, not the orchestra

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

karennnnn
#2530Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 6:09pm

Ack, you're right. Boo.
What's the mezz like? And let's say it's a Tuesday evening performance, would it be plausible that there are open seats downstairs that you could move to after the intermission?
Well, maybe a miracle will happen.

FindingNamo
#2531Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 6:14pm

Is there interaction? Is there interaction in the mezzanine? Does anybody know if there's interaction in the mezzanine?????

Here's my take: if you're worried that a show isn't good enough to telegraph to the seats you can afford, maybe you should choose another show.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

karennnnn
#2532Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 6:31pm

I'm not sure what you mean Namo. I didn't think I implied the show wasn't good enough to be seen from the mezz. I never asked if there was interaction in the mezz either; I'd assume not. I want to see it regardless.
Obviously like everyone else you'd want to have the best seats possible, but if you can't, it's good to hear what other perspectives are from different areas of the theater. Who wouldn't want to move their seats if there were vacant ones closer to the stage?
All I'm trying to do is figure out a game plan.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2533Hair thread.
Posted: 1/15/10 at 8:45pm

The cast runs throughout the whole theater, you will see them pretty much wherever you sit.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

sgv123
#2534Hair thread.
Posted: 1/16/10 at 12:29pm

It was already announced that Andrew Kober is on Vacation this week. Josh Lamon will be in his track all week. I hope someone will be there and tell us how Josh does.

Luv2goToShows
#2535Hair thread.
Posted: 1/16/10 at 3:01pm

karennnnn check your inbox, sent it again : )
Updated On: 1/16/10 at 03:01 PM

_starshine_
#2536Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 12:43am

Hey everyone!
I saw Hair earlier this month and absolutely loved it, so I'm planning on seeing it again on the seventh. This time, I'm part of a group of ten, and it seems like the only tickets we can get together are in the very first row. Can anyone tell me what the view's like from there? I think it would be amazing to be that close, but one of my friends is concerned that we won't be able to see everything and would have to crane our necks up the whole time. Is she right?

sgv123
#2537Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 1:21am

The stage is low, the sight is great! have fun!

FindingNamo
#2538Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 2:43am

There's no interaction in the first 10 rows tho. Hair thread.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2539Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 3:55am

I've been in the front row a few times. It's a blast. The downside is that you can't take in the entirety of the show that you can from a few rows back.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

_starshine_
#2540Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 10:20am

Thank you, everyone! I guess that's what I'm going with then.
Namo, is there really no interaction in the first 10 rows? When I saw it I could've sworn there was.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2541Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 10:28am

lol.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Kelle0702
#2542Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 5:50pm

I had to come in here and just say I saw this show for the first time on Tuesday night and I can't believe what I have been missing!!! I originally bought the tickets as a present for my sister for Christmas, but I now feel like it was more of a gift for myself!! I've done nothing but talk about the show since, that now my mother wants to see it and we are going again on the 27th!! I know I'm about 10 months too late but I just had to come in and share!!

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#2543Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 6:10pm

I have a couple of questions regarding this production, and I apologize in advance if they've been addressed but I cant comb through 100 thread pages. Also forgive me because I haven't seen the show in about two months so my memory is a little muddled.

1. Right before "Good Morning Starshine" (or after) Crissy turns down Woof's (I think) invitation to sleep over in favor of spending the night with another character and the red haired girl who subsequently turns her down. Is there any significance to this? I saw it as the possible beginnings of the breakdown of the tribe with Claude being drafted and what not. I'm not sure if it's a significant moment but I'd appreciate any thoughts or interpretations.

2. Can someone shed light on the meaning of the following lyrics "...Of moving paper fantasy/Listening for the new told lies/With supreme visions of lonely tunes" - and - "I fashion my future on films in space" from 'The Flesh Failures'? I copy and pasted the lyrics so forgive me if they're not 100% accurate.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2544Hair thread.
Posted: 1/17/10 at 7:06pm

Ignore Namo on this issue. Entirely.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

kryst22 Profile Photo
kryst22
#2545Hair thread.
Posted: 1/18/10 at 1:43pm

Hey dshnookie,

I took that moment as an example of "free love" shown through Woof's POV. I'm not sure of its significance, but it is the second time I remember Woof's advances being denied. The first time I noticed it was in "Where Do I Go?" when he offers his flower to Jackie Burn's character and she turns him down.

And for the second part of your question I stole this from http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/126314/

-----

"Facing a dying nation of moving paper fantasy listening for the new told lies" refers to the lies the government told the American people refers to the thousands sent to die to Vietnam and the lies the government told the American people about them that were told through a paper based bureaucracy.

"With supreme visions of lonely tunes" I can only hazard a guess refers to the godliness of man that is often alluded to in Hair and Hamlet, but while we are listening to the government's lies we look for the truth that is found in the beauty of man and in art and song - but the truth is each of us is lonely on this Earth and like Hamlet, we are alone in action and eternally seeking the truth.

The second verse refers to the beauty of man and the unknown equation that is life - Hamlet says "conscience doth make cowards of us all" (in reference to our inability to take our own lives rather than exist with the pain life brings). Instead of saying though why don't we kill ourselves, this poses people as being gods capable of greatness. "I fashion my future on films in space" refers not to "Film" like in a camera but is a more cosmic reference to the thin that creates our reality - this is a much more hippieish belief that we have control over our reality.

------

That's just one person's interpretation.

FindingNamo
#2546Hair thread.
Posted: 1/18/10 at 1:50pm

"Moving paper fantasy" struck me as completely apt when the economy teetered on the brink of collapse last year.

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#2547Hair thread.
Posted: 1/19/10 at 10:29pm

With Caissie on vacation this week, anyone know if Jackie is on as Shelia for the whole week?

Bud1990
#2548Hair thread.
Posted: 1/20/10 at 9:52pm

Has anyone been to the show this week or today? Gavin's twitter said something about a whole bunch of new hippies in new parts at the show. I know Josh is in for Andrew this week, and that Bryce was on for Berger again yesterday, but who else is in? And any words on Josh's Margaret Mead?

sgv123
#2549Hair thread.
Posted: 1/20/10 at 10:42pm

yeah, Hannah in Jackie's track, Matt is in Josh's track, Paris is on for Woof, Ryan is in Paris's track and Antwan is Ato's track who I think in on vacay.

Videos