News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 31

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

ChiTheaterFan
#750The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/28/16 at 11:22am

Thanks. Yeah. That tells me all I need to know about whether it's a legit source for theater news. (Nope.)

HSky
#751The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/28/16 at 6:21pm

kimalysong said: "The only day I could possibly make it on time with a lottery is a Friday 8:00 show. Not sure where I would go after the show but I guess I will try for it. Why not!

A Friday night is probably extra popular so I think my chances are slim to none ha ha. 

"

Are you unsure about where to go because of the Amtrak times home? If you can figure out transportation past Trenton, just take a NJ Transit train back because they run later than Amtrak service. SEPTA's last connection at Trenton is at 12:20, though, so you would just need an alternate method back into the city. If you're coming from the city, Amtrak would definitely be faster outbound, so I'd just do a one way on both services.

I live in Bucks County and usually drive up to Hamilton, NJ to catch the NJT train, and can be from my front door to the theater district in an average of two hours.

aaaaaa15
#752The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/28/16 at 9:42pm

So for anyone that's interested in the London production, these tweets confirm that the show is on course to open at the Victoria Palace theatre October 2017. Lin will not be in the initial cast (my guess is he's either filming Mary Poppins then or just wants a longer break from the role) but is set to play the role in London 2018/2019.

https://twitter.com/BazBam/status/725825541891305472

https://twitter.com/BazBam/status/725828659676889089

Updated On: 4/28/16 at 09:42 PM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
kimalysong
#754The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/29/16 at 7:46am

HSky said: "kimalysong said: "The only day I could possibly make it on time with a lottery is a Friday 8:00 show. Not sure where I would go after the show but I guess I will try for it. Why not!

A Friday night is probably extra popular so I think my chances are slim to none ha ha. 

"

Are you unsure about where to go because of the Amtrak times home? If you can figure out transportation past Trenton, just take a NJ Transit train back because they run later than Amtrak service. SEPTA's last connection at Trenton is at 12:20, though, so you would just need an alternate method back into the city. If you're coming from the city, Amtrak would definitely be faster outbound, so I'd just do a one way on both services.

I live in Bucks County and usually drive up to Hamilton, NJ to catch the NJT train, and can be from my front door to the theater district in an average of two hours.

"

Thanks but I actually don't have a car so getting back from Trenton would still be an issue. And Center City Phila is still about an hour from my home. 

I just figure Id stay somewhere that is open 24 hrs in NYC like a diner.  On some Friday's  I may be able to stay with friends but since this is always going to be last minute that may not always be an option. 

Of course this is if I even win. 

Updated On: 4/29/16 at 07:46 AM

rjm516
#755The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/29/16 at 9:25am

I'm so surprised that LMM won't open the London show. He seemed really into the idea (as did Vanessa!) so I can't imagine it's due to anything but a schedule conflict, unless he really had a change of heart. I wonder if he really will come in a year later or if that would be too odd, especially since it would be effectively kicking out whoever they initially get to star.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#756The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/29/16 at 9:51am

Not if it is pre-determined.....signing a contract KNOWING another actor will (almost) definitely take over in a year's time isn't kicking anyone "out".  It also doesn't mean he'll end up doing it OR that the show will be successful there!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Walker R Dornisch
#757.
Posted: 4/29/16 at 2:00pm

Updated On: 4/29/16 at 02:00 PM

Randomlink1
#758.
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:00pm

Can someone explain to me how historical facts (you know, things that have happened that you could easily find in a history book), are considered spoilers?

dramamama611
#759Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:17pm

How?  Because not everyone KNOWS factual information or will go ahead and look it up.  Additionally, not everything in the show is, in fact, factual.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

rebeccmam31
#760Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:19pm

dramamama611 said: "How?  Because not everyone KNOWS factual information or will go ahead and look it up.  Additionally, not everything in the show is, in fact, factual."

True enough.  I told my daughter at the start of this school year that she couldn't bypass studying for American Cultures just because she'd seen Hamilton. Hamilton Junkies

dramamama611
#761Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:24pm

LOL.   My son has to read Curious Incident last summer.   He wanted to see the play....which he did, but before we went, he had to finish the book and we had a few conversations on the differences between the two.

dramamama611
#762Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:24pm

LOL.   My son has to read Curious Incident last summer.   He wanted to see the play....which he did, but before we went, he had to finish the book and we had a few conversations on the differences between the two.

kimalysong
#763Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 4/30/16 at 6:10pm

Honestly history lessons might have changed a lot since I was in High School but not a lot of focus was ever put on Hamilton when I went to school. And I DID learn about Hamilton in highschool because my AP American history teacher was a big fan. He was obsessed with Hamilton to the point that Aaron Burr became the "Man Who I Hate". He was an awful teacher & I only passed the AP History test because I studied the material myself; but I am kind of thankful that he pushed Hamilton so strongly in my mind. 

That being said I learned much more from listening to the soundtrack then I ever learned in class. From class I only knew Hamilton was killed by Burr in a duel, he was our first Secretary of Treasurer and the father of our financial system. And I wouldn't be surprised if that was way more than most people were taught. Of course listening to the soundtrack made me interested in Chernow's novel. Now just to wait to get it from the library. 

However I disagree that history can be spoiled. Even the first song tells you the whole story basically. Maybe how the show is presented can be spoiled but the actual historical facts about Hamilton? That's a bit silly to me. 

Updated On: 4/30/16 at 06:10 PM

Randomlink1
#764Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 4/30/16 at 9:37pm

kimalysong said: "Honestly history lessons might have changed a lot since I was in High School but not a lot of focus was ever put on Hamilton when I went to school. And I DID learn about Hamilton in highschool because my AP American history teacher was a big fan. He was obsessed with Hamilton to the point that Aaron Burr became the "Man Who I Hate". He was an awful teacher & I only passed the AP History test because I studied the material myself; but I am kind of thankful that he pushed Hamilton so strongly in my mind. 

That being said I learned much more from listening to the soundtrack then I ever learned in class. From class I only knew Hamilton was killed by Burr in a duel, he was our first Secretary of Treasurer and the father of our financial system. And I wouldn't be surprised if that was way more than most people were taught. Of course listening to the soundtrack made me interested in Chernow's novel. Now just to wait to get it from the library. 

However I disagree that history can be spoiled. Even the first song tells you the whole story basically. Maybe how the show is presented can be spoiled but the actual historical facts about Hamilton? That's a bit silly to me. 

"

Yeah. I'm not saying that it's something that can't be told that you wouldn't have known, but it was information you could've known long before the musical came out, or was even thought of for the first time. It's not really a spoiler unless you start talking about the parts not on the historical record. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#765Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:52am

HUZZAH!!! The show website finally lists Rory as King George!!!

Unfortunately, it still also lists a handful of ensemble members who have departed the cast.

But still. PROGRESS!

aaaaaa15
#766Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:54am

I'm happy for you BroadwayConcierge hahaha.

BroadwayConcierge
#767Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:56am

aaaaaa15,

Hamilton Junkies

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#768Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 12:02pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "HUZZAH!!! The show website finally lists Rory as King George!!!

Unfortunately, it still also lists a handful of ensemble members who have departed the cast.

But still. PROGRESS!

"

Which ensemble members have left that are still listed on their site? Thanks.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#769Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 12:04pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "HUZZAH!!! The show website finally lists Rory as King George!!!

But still. PROGRESS!
"

Ha finally! I actually spent some time trying to figure out who handled their website to give you an email address haha! I know they work with SpotCo but there are so many marketing/advertising/digital/PR agencies that I wasn't sure who handled what. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

BroadwayConcierge
#770Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 12:05pm

Emmy Raver-Lampman is listed on there and has left. I also thought I caught Neil Haskell's headshot but I was mistaken! 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#771Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/5/16 at 12:42pm

Brandon Hudson, Stephanie Klemons, and Emmy Raver-Lampman are still listed. Because Emmy is still there, Elizabeth Judd isn't listed yet.

What bothers me more than people not being switched out is how the website incorrectly states that Carleigh is an Angelica understudy when she's an Eliza understudy.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#772Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/14/16 at 6:37pm

I saw today's matinee with Javier Munoz and he was excellent, though I missed LMM (saw him in December).  I was so sad to not see Leslie Odom, Jr. today!  Austin Smith played Burr instead.  Does anyone know why Leslie was out today?  The audience didn't have the same energy as when I first saw it.  Loved Rory as the new King!

I shed enough tears for my left contact lens to come out, so had to watch most of Act 2 with one blurry eye.

Mediamaven2
#773Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/14/16 at 8:13pm

No idea re the absence but this is what makes me hesitate to go to huge effort  re cancellation line time-wise and / or  $$$  to get tickets "one last time" before LMM and others may move on.  There is no guarantee that any member of the cast  including LMM won't be out for some reason!

dramamama611
#774Hamilton Junkies
Posted: 5/14/16 at 8:18pm

There's never a guarantee....but it actually is more likely with Tony voters in the house.

Videos