News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 33

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#800Hamilton Thread
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:02am

Fascinating article and two videos (don't miss them) about Andy Blankenbuehler's process of choreographing Hamilton.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/behind-hamiltons-moves-a-man-inspired-by-the-matrix-1464041731?cx_navSource=cx_picks&cx_tag=collabctx&cx_artPos=2

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#801Hamilton Thread
Posted: 5/26/16 at 9:54am

Daveed went on a talk show recently and revealed that his 'Guns and Ships' rap isn't considered particularly fast by rapping standards. !!!!!

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#802Hamilton Thread
Posted: 5/26/16 at 1:01pm

That had to be "revealed"???

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#803The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/26/16 at 11:12pm

So, we probably all heard that the album has gone platinum (which I found surprising since I heard it just went gold on April 7th) but I was delighted to see that last week the cast recording reached a new peak of number 11 on the Billboard 200! What with the Tonys coming up, I think it would be awesome if the recording reached another peak...could it hit number one? That would be awesome.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ChiTheaterFan
Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#805The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/27/16 at 10:09am

Did a search and doesn't look like this has been posted here yet: I'm on the Feinstein's San Francisco mailing list, and Leslie Odom Jr is performing at Lesher Center for the Arts on Sat July 23. Tickets on sale soon.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#806The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/27/16 at 10:10am

Leslie Odom Jr and Walnut Creek are two things I would not have thought of combining.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayMomma
#807The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/27/16 at 10:30pm

If he's performing in Walnut Creek, CA on Saturday, July 23rd, then he's left the show by then, right?  

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#808The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/28/16 at 12:26am

Just watched both Daveed and Leslie's segments on Colbert and Fallon (they lined up perfectly where one finished right before the other started). Leslie's was the more interesting of the two segments, but Fallon mentioned he has a new album coming out (and currently available for preorder) called "Leslie Odom, Jr." He misspoke, right? I have an album with that title already.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ChiTheaterFan
#809The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/28/16 at 12:53am

He didn't misspeak. The new album isn't new--it's the same one but with some new tracks replacing a few of the old ones. Evidently they're reengineering it. I got a new phone and even though I already bought the old one from iTunes, I can't download it from the cloud anymore. (I will be able to transfer it from my old phone once I'm not too lazy to use my computer to do so.). Unfortunately except for Autumn Leaves the new tracks are available only if you purchase the whole album, and I already own almost all the songs already. It's bizarre. 

I know his first album was self produced through Kickstarter. Maybe he got picked up by a label and they're reengineering and reintroducing it?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#810The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/28/16 at 1:00am

Ah, so it's like a re-release. Well that's pretty cool! I hope it's successful.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#811The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/2/16 at 6:51am

did y'all see Lin is on the cover of Rolling Stone this month?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#812The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/2/16 at 10:42am

Gonna buy 5 copies for his mother

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#813The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/2/16 at 10:48am

^ LOL.  I wonder how many people know what you are referencing.  (Now it's stuck in my head!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#816The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/3/16 at 2:46pm

Very sweet, and I can relate.   When I took my kids the first time (last July) they just knew that "I" thought they would love it.  (Which they did.)  Then I took my son again in Feb...for which he had set up a count down on his phone -- and I can't tell you how many times he reached over to take my hand -- his favorite moments, mine during the show.  It was pretty special.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ellen2
#817The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/3/16 at 3:36pm

Wow, what a read....The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

I know I was very happy to be there on the last wednesday matinee of april this year, but I find it very hard to remember specific details like that. I do have some moments stuck in my head and one thing I was specifically looking out and waiting for but other then that, it was a blur...........(sir).

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#818The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/3/16 at 3:45pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "This is an absolute must-read.

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/hamilton/

"Great article!

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#819The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/3/16 at 4:12pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "This is an absolute must-read.

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/hamilton/

"

Really well written.  Brought tears to my eyes.  I wish I could see it again!  Thanks for posting!

aaaaaa15
schubox
#821The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:02pm

aaaaaa15 said: "Pippa is going to be in Moana!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/06/phillipa-soo-moana

"

She's always wearing that hat

aaaaaa15
#822The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:18pm

Not as often as Lin wears his grey sweater.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#823The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:32pm

why do they say "Lin-Manuel Miranda penned new songs for the Disney animated feature." why specify that they're new songs?

is anyone here sad she won't be in The Great Comet? i feel like they would have asked her to appear in the Broadway production and would have had a great shot at the Tony next year, I think it's a shame she won't be in it.

aaaaaa15
#824The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:45pm

Yeah I would have loved for her to be in it.

Videos