News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 30

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#725The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:02am

ChiTheaterFan said: "I'm either hallucinating or I just saw an article linked somewhere talking about a July departure and saying Hamilton will be filmed by then. I can't find it now. "

Regarding the Hamilton filming, I think people are getting confused because on the Rachael Ray show recently she asked him about the success of Hamilton and whether he would be "making a movie next" and his response was, "Oh, yeah, I'm working on a movie now" and went on to talk about Moana, the Disney animated film he's writing music for.  I think people took his 'I'm working on a movie' to mean he's working on a movie version of Hamilton, which isn't what he said.  If he's filming Hamilton I haven't seen anything definitive on that, other than him saying vaguely at different times that it's something he'd like to do someday.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#726The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:46am

swanjewel said: "https://www.twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/724701326995759105

Jonathan Groff was part of the Easter Bonnet Competition with the Hamilton Cast. It's nice to see him back. 
"

Can anyone confirm if that was Groff the whole time or Rory and Groff? I was at Easter Bonnet on Monday, and I'm sure that was Rory in the skit (who got killed during Sweeney's rampage, and then wore the bonnet), but Groff who wore the bonnet in the finale.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#727The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:53am

^^ That the same thing that happened yesterday.  Rory in the skit, Groff in the bonnet.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#728The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:57am

re filming, I assume they are talking about the TOFT. If and when a film is produced for general release it will not be a filmed version of the stage play. and it will not be filmed with actors who are simultaneously doing the show live 8 times a week.

LizzieCurry
#729The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:58am

Thanks! I just wasn't certain if I was mixing up the white dudes...

bfreak
#730The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:15am

This question may be coming from nowhere, but do you guys notice a slight problem with the actors' microphones during the show occassionaly? Last week, I thought Leslie Odom Jr. seemed a little bit quiet at the top of the show, and I thought he may have been sick and I got nervous for a second. But then during the middle of the song, he seemed to be singing about as loudly as everyone else and I was wondering if it was just a sound issue and he needed to be amped a bit. The rest of the show he was fine and completely killed it on The Room Where it Happens especially. But for such a popular show, you'd think they would do their best to prevent such a thing from happening as it first made me think something may be wrong with his performance.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#731The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:18am

bfreak said: "This question may be coming from nowhere, but do you guys notice a slight problem with the actors' microphones during the show occassionaly? Last week, I thought Leslie Odom Jr. seemed a little bit quiet at the top of the show, and I thought he may have been sick and I got nervous for a second. But then during the middle of the song, he seemed to be singing about as loudly as everyone else and I was wondering if it was just a sound issue and he needed to be amped a bit. The rest of the show he was fine and completely killed it on The Room Where it Happens especially. But for such a popular show, you'd think they would do their best to prevent such a thing from happening as it first made me think something may be wrong with his performance."

I'm actually surprised to hear about this! I've been to the show four times now, and something I feel confident about after each performance is how reliably good the sound work is at the Rodgers. Maybe you were at a slightly off night technically, but from when I've been there, I've been head over heels in love with the show's sound design. 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#732The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:21am

I'm sorry, what does TOFT stand for?

LizzieCurry
#733The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:22am

Only be sorry if you didn't google.

http://www.nypl.org/about/divisions/theatre-film-and-tape-archive

bfreak
#734The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:24am

Yeah! I mean everyone else sounded perfect, it was literally just that one line at the beginning of Alexander Hamilton that Leslie delivers that got me concerned. Maybe it was actually just him at first, and fixed it. After all, it was the Monday show and he was trying to conserve his voice for the rest of the week. But like I said, even that line did sound fine but since it was quieter it  made me get a little concerned that he was ill and that at intermission I'd hear that an understudy had to go on for act two. It may have even just been in my head though, and the excitement of the beginning just made me look too closely at what he was doing.

kimalysong
#735The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:30am

So random question if by very slim chance you win the lottery how much time do they give you to get there after you know you won? 

I am just wondering if I would have time to get there from Phila on Amtrak. It would suck to win and then realize you can't make it in time. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#736The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:50am

For those playing along at home, the Cast page still hasn't changed.

ChiTheaterFan
#737The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 12:04pm

kimalysong said: "So random question if by very slim chance you win the lottery how much time do they give you to get there after you know you won? 

I am just wondering if I would have time to get there from Phila on Amtrak. It would suck to win and then realize you can't make it in time. 

"

The lottery closes at 4 and you have an hour to buy your ticket online. It's then at will call before the show. I don't know if you have to pick it up by a certain time since I haven't won, but I imagine since you've paid as long as you pick it up by showtime you should be good. 

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#738The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 12:05pm

kimalysong said: "So random question if by very slim chance you win the lottery how much time do they give you to get there after you know you won? 

"

You have an hour to purchase the lottery tickets if you win (online in your case since you're in Philly).  As long as you can make it to the theatre on time (2pm, 7pm, or 8pm show), I say go for it.

In regards to what bfreak mentioned about the mics, the same thing happened to Leslie's mic when I saw the show on April 5th. I was sitting in the second row and he started singing 'Wait for It' but you could barely hear him. About five seconds later, his mic kicked in. It was the only time that happened during the entire show. 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#739The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 12:21pm

LizzieCurry said: "Only be sorry if you didn't google.

https://www.nypl.org/about/divisions/theatre-film-and-tape-archive
"

Actually I did Google, and none of the results I got came close.  Although now I know it also stands for "Take One for the Team."  The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD] Thanks!

Updated On: 4/27/16 at 12:21 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#740The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:18pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "For those playing along at home, the Cast page still hasn't changed."

This is really grinding your gears isn't it BC?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

LizzieCurry
#741The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:20pm

Mine too, so thanks, BC!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#742The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:23pm

the Ham4Ham today includes a remix of Schuyler Sisters that I could barely hear, do you think we'll get the actual track posted online? that seems like one they would have done not-live, so we could hear and enjoy it.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

kimalysong
#743The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:35pm

The only day I could possibly make it on time with a lottery is a Friday 8:00 show. Not sure where I would go after the show but I guess I will try for it. Why not!

A Friday night is probably extra popular so I think my chances are slim to none ha ha. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#744The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 3:16pm

LizzieCurry said: "swanjewel said: "https://www.twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/724701326995759105

Jonathan Groff was part of the Easter Bonnet Competition with the Hamilton Cast. It's nice to see him back. 
"

Can anyone confirm if that was Groff the whole time or Rory and Groff? I was at Easter Bonnet on Monday, and I'm sure that was Rory in the skit (who got killed during Sweeney's rampage, and then wore the bonnet), but Groff who wore the bonnet in the finale.
"

I'm pretty sure it was Groff who wore the bonnet during the skit, too. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/bruTOQoNtO4

rjm516
#745The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 5:42pm

Oh my goodness the Easter Bonnet skit was AMAZING! 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#746The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 5:50pm

that was phenomenal

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#747The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/27/16 at 6:55pm

I hope Sondheim sees that.  Miranda did a fantastic job fitting Sweeney's story into Sondheim's song structure.

Of course, now I want to see the Hamilton cast do Sweeney Todd!  Jasmine and Anthony can play Johanna and Anthony. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  And I'm sure Daveed would kill it as Pirelli...

ChiTheaterFan
#748The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/28/16 at 10:57am

sarahb22 said: "ChiTheaterFan said: "I'm either hallucinating or I just saw an article linked somewhere talking about a July departure and saying Hamilton will be filmed by then. I can't find it now. "

Regarding the Hamilton filming, I think people are getting confused because on the Rachael Ray show recently she asked him about the success of Hamilton and whether he would be "making a movie next" and his response was, "Oh, yeah, I'm working on a movie now" and went on to talk about Moana, the Disney animated film he's writing music for.  I think people took his 'I'm working on a movie' to mean he's working on a movie version of Hamilton, which isn't what he said.  If he's filming Hamilton I haven't seen anything definitive on that, other than him saying vaguely at different times that it's something he'd like to do someday.

"

This was the article I saw.  It was just linked in the BWW article but it came out a few days ago. It does say Hamilton will be filmed, but what the "sources" are?  Who knows...I can't imagine this is the most reputable source. 

http://heatst.com/entertainment/exclusive-coming-soon-hamilton-the-movie/?mod=sm_fb_post

LizzieCurry
#749The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/28/16 at 11:02am

I'd never even heard of Heat Street until today. It looks like it was just launched:

http://digiday.com/publishers/news-corp-heat-street/

Videos