News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 29

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#700The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 9:30am

If they are negotiating now, what better time to start talking about leaving?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#701The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 9:33am

Reposting what I just wrote in the other contracts thread...

Honestly, I think that's—sadly—wishful thinking. When Tony winners extend their contracts because of their new statues, it's more often than not to attract sales for the production. Ticket sales are a nonissue for Hamilton (duh). They have zero need to advertise their Tony winners, so why might they want/need to extend their contracts? 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#702The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 10:03am

I suspect the production will do its best to spread out the departures because having too many people leave at once has an effect on the integrity of the whole. In the case of Burr, from how it sounds, they will definitely be casting anew and not moving someone up.

BroadwayConcierge
#703The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 3:47pm

Did anybody hear that Hamilton won the Pulitzer?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#704The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 3:53pm

I heard that, concierge. It's a big deal!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayConcierge
#705The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 3:56pm

Can I point out something super bizarre about the Drama Pulitzer winners in years that end in -6? I swear I can't make this stuff up.

• 1976: A Chorus Line
  • 1986: No award given.
  • 1996: Rent
  • 2006: No award given.
  • 2016: Hamilton

Should we expect there to be no winner in 2026, and for the next Broadway juggernaut to arrive in the 2035-2036 season?

Updated On: 4/18/16 at 03:56 PM

MyLife
#706The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 4:39pm

What a sad twenty years it will be...

BroadwayConcierge
#707The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/18/16 at 11:47pm

Kind of annoyed that the Hamilton site updated its homepage with the Pulitzer accolade within five seconds of winning it, but it still lists Groff and other departed cast members and fails to mention Rory O'Malley, etc. on its cast page. It has been over a week!!!

ChiTheaterFan
#708The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/19/16 at 7:14pm

I'm going to be in New York for work and am planning to enter the Hamilton digital lottery tomorrow (evening only) and Thursday. I'm by myself so does anyone want to team up and make a deal to take the other if we win?  I realize the chances are next to zero but I may as well make them two times next to zero , and on the VERY remote chance I do win, it seems silly to get only one ticket. PM me if interested. 

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
BroadwayConcierge
#710The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:27am

I must sound like a broken record to keep checking in on this, but we are now nearing the end of the second full performance week that Groff has been out of the cast in and he is still listed on the show's website. Raver-Lampman is still on there, too. Rory O'Malley is still not. 

I'm perplexed.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#711The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:29am

Then maybe you should stop checking since it's bothering you so much.  If it was bothering Rory, I'm sure they'd fix it darn quickly from one quick phone call from his representation.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayConcierge
#712The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:48am

dramamama, as an audience member, am I asking that much for the biggest show on Broadway to have an accurate cast page?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#713The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:52am

Michael Riedel is reporting that Hamilton producers are thinking of raising premium seat prices to $995 if the show wins Best Musical.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/21/hamilton-might-jack-up-premium-tickets-to-995/

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#714The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:53am

BroadwayConcierge said: "dramamama, as an audience member, am I asking that much for the biggest show on Broadway to have an accurate cast page?"

Seconded.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#715The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:54am

You can ask for whatever you want...but it seems to be a thorn in your side.  In what way is it effecting you for it NOT to be up to date?   YOU know who is in the show and who is not.  The majority of folks buying tickets don't even care.  

And WE can't do anything about it, so why not complain on their FB or Twitter where there is at least a chance the right person will see it.

(And in the scheme of things, 2 weeks is really not that big of a deal)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

rcbell64
#716The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 10:56am

On another note, if you haven't seen it, check out Lin and the cast's tribute to Prince on Lin's twitter feed. <3

IlanaKeller
#717The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/22/16 at 1:20pm

Just wanted to share this here. I had a blast working on it, and hearing from cast members, historians and more on their thoughts about "Hamilton's" (deep!) connections to New Jersey.

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/theater/2016/04/22/right-hand-land-hamilton-ties-jersey-run-deep/82841290/

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#718The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/25/16 at 12:47pm

Pretty cool marching band cover of 'My Shot' by the University of Pennsylvania's band, where Lin Manuel will give the commencement address on May 16th.

http://youtu.be/ZgbFoQi9JPk

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#719The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/25/16 at 12:50pm

dramamama611 said: "
And WE can't do anything about it, so why not complain on their FB or Twitter where there is at least a chance the right person will see it."

I have. No response.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

decast
#720The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/25/16 at 4:49pm

So disney just released it's new slate of films, seemingly confirming Lin's involvement with Mary Poppins 2, which I think has just be a rumour til this point 

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-sets-new-release-dates-for-fairy-tale-films-live-action-movies/

ChiTheaterFan
#722The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/25/16 at 6:02pm

I'm either hallucinating or I just saw an article linked somewhere talking about a July departure and saying Hamilton will be filmed by then. I can't find it now. 

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#723The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/25/16 at 6:23pm

I think we've guessed July for Lin's departure.  I also expect other OBC members to leave over the summer.  I'm guessing it will be spread out over July and August. 

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#724The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/25/16 at 6:41pm

https://www.twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/724701326995759105

Jonathan Groff was part of the Easter Bonnet Competition with the Hamilton Cast. It's nice to see him back. 

Videos