News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .- Page 2

Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#25re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:25pm

sara- you cant say though that West Side Story is not something able to dance to- the whole show is about expressing through dance.

All shows you can dance too. Everything has a beat

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Elizabeth_DeBris
#26re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:26pm

I applaud you for finding a way to dance to Sweeney Todd. Updated On: 4/8/05 at 10:26 PM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#27re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:28pm

Elizabeth Debris- i didnt mean EVERYTHING. but most of these you can dance too. Theatrical dancing. but everything has a beat...otherwise its not a song

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#28re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:28pm

I would also like to add that all of the musicals on sara's list were written by white people...

sara4466
#29re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:29pm

oops my bad, I was just expressing my self

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#30re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:30pm

Put it back, Elizabeth! So true.

If we're going to make overgeneralizations about what "you guys" like, I'm going to generalize that you're a superficial theatregoer who looks for flash and beat over quality, depth and profoundness. If you want a beat to dance to, listen to Britney Spears. Cheaper, too.

Feel free to express yourself, but doing it in a manner that seems to stereotype us and diminish our opinions is not going to make you any friends on here. If there's one thing about BWW, it's that we don't hold back.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 4/8/05 at 10:30 PM

sara4466
#31re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .

plz forgive me home dowgs!

lol and yes I know most of them were written by white people, I'm white too and it was just a joke

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#32re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .

sara, just out of curiosity, have you ever heard Porgy and Bess?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#33re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:31pm

Cuz, you know, us white people love us some Brittany Spears.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

sara4466
#34re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:32pm

yea I have that CD and I think its a very good CD, I know of all these shows you guys are talking about and I was only joking around.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#35re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:32pm

It's not worth the energy...

Elizabeth_DeBris
#36re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:33pm

Sally: I understand what you meant, I just realized that my message might sound a little strange, coming right after what you said. re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . . You're absolutely right, too.

Tiff: I put it back. Heh, thanks.

Sara: ... I'm just not sure what to say, anymore...

sara4466
#37re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:34pm

this it what my friend says to your britney spears comment. . .

"Woo! I dont think so! Just because he cant handle the new generation (and best generation) of theater"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#38re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:35pm

Um, OK, now I am just in a daze. Where's the Advil?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Elizabeth_DeBris
#39re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:36pm

And all of a sudden, my shame in being part of this generation is renewed.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#40re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:36pm

sara, sorry but I didnt get a single word your friend just said

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#41re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:37pm

This is what my friend says to your friend:

"Your first post just said your prefered taste in theatre tends to be the modern ones as well, Remedial Reading Comp."

And just for visual aid:

re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . . By Type_A_Tiff
Posted On:4/8/05 at 10:22:15 PM

I know one of the biggest criticisms of Porgy And Bess is that it's a "boring stupid 'white people' play".

My taste is musicals tends to be more modern as well, but there's a difference between personal taste and shows that have been most significant and influential in shaping the Broadway scene. Brooklyn has not changed Broadway. (Thank god.) Cabaret has.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 4/8/05 at 10:37 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#42re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:38pm

Well, I JUST got it and I'm still sorry.

BEST generation? Ethel Merman and Mary Martin are rolling in their graves.

--Aristotle

Elizabeth_DeBris
#43re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:39pm

Not to mention George M. Cohan, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire...

EDIT: Okay, maybe Judy Garland doesn't count. I'm sure she's still rolling over in her grave. Updated On: 4/8/05 at 10:39 PM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#44re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:40pm

Somewhere, a Sondheim fairy just died.

*counts*
Numerous times.

This is my signature.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#45re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:41pm

Seriously, buy the DVD "BROADWAY - THE GOLDEN AGE."

You'll see what Broadway has the potential to be.

--Aristotle

Elizabeth_DeBris
#46re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:42pm

Final comment before signing off: I agree with CapnHook. Get that DVD.

sara4466
#47re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:42pm

we watched that movie in Choir

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#48re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:44pm

Matt_G? Is that you? This CAN'T be a real person!

--Aristotle

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#49re: Top 10 Best Muscials ever. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:46pm

sara, soo..any thoughts on it?

Videos