News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AndyHardy

AndyHardy Profile Photo
Member Name: AndyHardy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Oh! Calcutta! is on DVD?
 Jun 10 2005, 02:01:41 PM
Yes, there was a home video release of Oh! Calcutta! Remember seeing it -- it had Bill Macy in it.
re: Favorite show of these composers
 May 19 2005, 04:31:21 PM
R&H = Carousel ("Longing to tell you, but afraid and shy...")

Sondheim = A Little Night Music ("Isn't it rich...")

Schwartz = Pippin ("With you, to dance in my dreams...)

ALW = Tell Me on a Sunday ("Your smile has really thrown me...")

K&E = Cabaret ("Ask Helga!")

re: Best Goodbye song
 Apr 28 2005, 11:09:45 AM
I second Mother's Younger Brother's suggestion.
re: Newbie saying hello
 Mar 29 2005, 05:27:25 PM
Hello Peach

Consider Yourself at home
Consider Yourself one of the family!

re: Palace Theater Seating Question
 Mar 14 2005, 01:37:03 PM
Hi FrancisGumm. I thought you would know the seating arrangements at The Palace since you performed there in 1951, 1956 and 1967. :)

Enjoy Cheyenne!

re: '42nd Street' Movie
 Mar 8 2005, 02:57:45 PM
Glebb, you are too funny -- and correct. Ginger's "Anytime" Annie makes one almost forgive "The Major and the Minor."

Busby berkely's choreography was, in my opinion, more suited for the screen where Champion's works better on the stage.

And MasterLcz, yes, Ruby Keeler is a puzzlement. :)

re: Oliver!
 Feb 25 2005, 12:07:48 PM
"The film is gorgeous to look at and listen to and boasts an absolutely perfect cast. The movie wisely cut some of the lesser numbers as well."

Joey, so right. The movie IS much better than the stage production. (Hence its Oscar as Best Picture of 1968.) I love the score -- if Lionel Bart only had one score up his sleeve, he sure pulled out a winner. The film is well paced and the final shot of Oliver Reed hanging is quite harrowing.

Shani is very good. I love her "Fine Life" a

re: Meet Me In St. Louis - high school material?
 Feb 23 2005, 02:07:12 PM
I agree with bially, only if the cast is really strong. The local production I saw was very good and when the "boy next door" told Esther "Pardon me but...you don't need any beauty sleep." -- the audience swooned!

So, it can be done!! The Broadway production, nevertheless, gave me indigestion.

re: Favorite Moments Ever Witnessed on Stage
 Jan 27 2005, 11:20:26 AM
The "Dream Ballet" from Lincoln Center's "recent" revival of Carousel. The swell of the music, Kenneth MacMillian's new choreography, the utter passion and abandonment. Shivers...and tears. I was numb.

Also agree with Kec's Yul Brenner moment. I have written about this before. With that single throw of his arms, I saw my mother happier and shouting louder than I had ever witnessed before -- or since.

Some moments are simply heaven on Earth.

re: The Official Patrick Wilson Love Thread
 Jan 24 2005, 11:01:12 AM
Okay, I haven't posted in a while -- but this drew me back.

In "Okalhoma!" -- as he strode onto stage singing "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" I knew I was done for!! He perfectly captured that song which is so central to the character of Curly. At one point shouting "OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!" and then concluding the number in an almost hymn-like way -- Curly blessing all the goodness of nature and life. I got shivers.

In "Angels In America" -- such a stong, complete performance w

re: Show Tunes as TV Commercials
 Jan 14 2005, 02:37:32 PM
For a long time the Windex jingle was "Put On A Windex Shine" to Bye Bye Birdee's "Put On A Happy Face."

I am hearing a lot of Rodger and Hammerstein's music in commercials, just not remembering what product they are endorsing. I always think: "More royalties to The R&H Foundation."

re: Isn't it about time for a West Side Story revival?
 Jan 14 2005, 01:20:16 PM
I agree with boxofficejon. It needs to be "re-imagined" a bit (a la Lincoln Center's Carousel"). I don't think I can stomach another whiny, mooning Tony. Give the guy some b*lls, for crying out loud. He was a Jet at one time.
re: Oklahoma
 Jan 14 2005, 09:34:46 AM
On a somewhat related note:

While I realize that the movie censorship code was breaking down by the mid-1950s, I am always surprised that "I Caint Say No" was used in the movie as freely as it was. I always thought Gloria Grahme may have been instructed to be rather stone faced so as not to seem overly perverted. After all, the censors had R&H change a lyric in "Kansas City" (about the "peeling" going on at the Burl-ee-que)

Gloria Grahame's performance of "I Caint Say No" has

re: Gay Realted Male Solos????
 Jan 13 2005, 04:13:25 PM
Eltico, Falsettoland was my thought as well. Some lovely songs in that score. (albeit some rather sad songs)
"What More Can I Say" // "What Would I do If I Had Not Met You"

re: Patrick Wilson on Good Morning America
 Jan 13 2005, 03:04:01 PM
I second Allie's earlier post.

I enjoyed reading your "review" of this morning. He was adorable on the show and it was a seemingly good segment. Glad you two had fun (AndyHardy tries in vain to hide his jealousy).

Cheers

re: favorite soprano ballads
 Jan 13 2005, 02:36:57 PM
"My White Knight" - The Music Man
"I Have A Love" - West Side Story
"From This Day On" - Brigadoon

*Edit* Just wanted to say that there are some truly lovely song titles on this list. :)

Re: Is the Glass Menagerie all it's really cracked up to be?
 Jan 12 2005, 05:16:26 PM
The only film I have seen was the one directed by Paul Newman. I remember liking Karen Allen as Laura -- but that was a while ago.
re: Patrick Wilson to be on Conan O'Brien tonite
 Jan 12 2005, 05:14:05 PM
etheb -- LOL! Did I read you correctly? "it's not fair!"

I wouldn't complain if I had to wake up and ACTUALLY GET TO SEE P.W. :)

Lucky.

re: Patrick Wilson to be on Conan O'Brien tonite
 Jan 12 2005, 04:01:44 PM
Hey beacon1 -- Thanks for starting another Patrick Wilson thread. Nice to see his name as much as possible.

Now why hasn't anybody posted a review of his relief concert in Clearwater?

re: Why was Bare disliked?
 Jan 12 2005, 02:42:31 PM
There are many reasons that could be assumed for the negative reviews -- political, religious, or otherwise. But I have seen some shows that were total cr*p and they were not thrown to the lions like BARE was by some reviewers. I assumed (at the time of reading them) that it was personal attacks rather than political or religious.

And yes, if a show is thought to not be able to re-coup its investment that is the STRONGEST reason that I know for financial backers to pull out.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You