News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for seanmcdonagh121

Member Name: seanmcdonagh121
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Legally Blonde Revival  Aug 2 2022, 01:27:12 PM

I spoke with Jerry Mitchell in 2019 and he told me that they were currently working on a Broadway revival at that time. I can’t recall the details but he implied Dove Cameron for Elle but again this is several years ago. I’m sure COVID could have destroyed these plans though.. but he really wanted a revival and he said he knew there was an appetite for one on Broadway.  

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START  Apr 17 2019, 11:05:30 PM
I’m just out of Tootsie and I’m so disappointed and frustrated. Me and my friend got two rush tickets today and both agreed it wasn’t even worth that price. ($42)

While the book has some genuinely funny moments and the character ‘Sandy’ is played by the hilarious and talented actress Sarah Stiles, it doesn’t make up for the incredibly weak score and terrible characters.

The orchestrations are the best part of the score (overture and entr’acte). There wasn’t one song in the sho

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 21 2019, 12:52:57 AM
I saw the second preview of Oklahoma! tonight and my friend and I both loved it and couldn’t stop talking about it on the train home.

We both love Oklahoma having performed the musical with our own theatre group and seeing the UK tour a few years back.

This show will definitely divide people but I loved it all from the orchestrations to the lighting design to very out there direction.

Yes, it’s a totally new, fresh and different take on a very beloved property and I

Mean girls rush  Dec 11 2018, 10:32:06 AM
Arrived at 8am and I was second in line this morning.
By 10am there was 15/20 people in line.
Me and my friend both got 2 front row seats. They’re marked ‘partial view’ but I can’t see them being problematic.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/25/18  Nov 26 2018, 03:23:08 PM
Delighted for another increase for The Prom

I’ve a feeling the box office might increase slightly over the next few weeks then potentially hold steady until Summer.

THE PROM Reviews  Nov 21 2018, 05:25:09 PM

VotePeron said: "seanmcdonagh121 said: "I’m assuming word of mouth and good reviews may already be helping this show.
I arrived at the theatre for 10.15 and the box office had at least 30 people looking for rush tickets.
I managed to get the last two rush tickets for the matinee.
I’m hoping the box office will continue to build.
"

I understand the sentiment but let’s be realistichere. A show cannot survive on rush ticket

THE PROM Reviews  Nov 21 2018, 04:47:21 PM
Third time seeing the show and this was certainly the most full it’s appeared.

Time will tell if the box office improves.

THE PROM Reviews  Nov 21 2018, 10:44:17 AM
I’m assuming word of mouth and good reviews may already be helping this show.
I arrived at the theatre for 10.15 and the box office had at least 30 people looking for rush tickets.
I managed to get the last two rush tickets for the matinee.
I’m hoping the box office will continue to build.

THE PROM Reviews  Nov 16 2018, 11:48:37 AM
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not these positive reviews have any impact on the box office.
I’m personally hoping this show finds an audience and especially in this (relatively) weak season for musicals, I think the show has a decent chance and some Tony noms.

THE PROM Reviews  Nov 15 2018, 09:00:44 AM
I hope this show gets the positive reviews it deserves. Is it the best musical ever? No.
Is it groundbreaking? No
But it has so much heart, a very catchy score and one of the funniest books in a long time. I also think it’s the best musical so far this season (and better than Mean Girls)

What show have you seen the most times?  Nov 14 2018, 11:36:11 AM
Miss Saigon - 5 times
Wicked/Mean Girls - 4 times
Billy Elliot/Sponge Bob/Once on this Island - 3 times
And countless shows twice

Jennifer Simard Mean Girls  Nov 12 2018, 05:20:11 PM
I agree that Simmard does ‘milk’ her lines for all their worth. She seemed super comfortable and confident in the role and I think she’s equally if not better than Kerry. She’s brilliant as Reginas mom
The Prom or Mean Girls?  Nov 9 2018, 10:23:07 AM
The Prom.
Score is better, story is better and the book is 100% funnier. The Prom has so much heart too.

The prom rush  Nov 8 2018, 04:09:27 PM

petewk87 said: "Has anyone rushed recently and where have the seats been? Debating if I should do TDF or rush. Thank you!"

I rushed yesterday. I arrived at 9pm (was first there) and by the time the box office opened at 10 there was shy of 15. Seat locations varied and the woman told me they don’t necessarily offer front row so must depend if creatives wants them or something. I got front rower of the balcony. They were marked partial view but weren’t

THE PROM Previews  Nov 8 2018, 09:47:19 AM
Saw this show again for a second time since the first preview. Nothing major has changed but damn, I’m in love with this show.
The best part of this show is the book. It’s truly hilarious and the cast are killing it. It’s certainly even funnier than Mean Girls.
The score is good with some standout numbers (The Lady is Improving, Breath, Tonighrs belongs to us, Build a Prom) and the heart wrenching ‘Unruly Heart’
The cast at giving it everything and I’m certain Leavel will get a no

THE PROM Previews  Nov 7 2018, 10:18:56 AM
I arrived at the Longacre this morning at 9am and was first there for rush tickets. By the time the box office opened there was maybe shy of 15 people. I got front row balcony for $40 each. They’re marked partial view but I don’t think they’ll be problematic seats.
Mean girls understudies?  Nov 7 2018, 10:17:06 AM
I totally understand your point but I simply asked what her track record was like because I’m curious. There was zero bad intent. I’m a fan of Barrett.
Mean girls understudies?  Nov 6 2018, 10:57:12 PM
I’m genuinely curious; I’ve seen the show 4 times in the last two months and of those 4 performances Barrett was only on once. I saw Gianna twice and Tee once. What is her track record like? I understand everyone is human but it *appears* she missed a large amount of performances since the show opened.
THE PROM Previews (possible spoiler ahead)  Oct 26 2018, 02:45:48 PM

I believe the rush tickets are front row.

KING KONG - Entertaining show.  Oct 24 2018, 05:23:49 PM
According to Instagram there’s a new number being added to the second act tonight. It appears to be an ensemble number.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You