pixeltracker

Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show

Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show

neddyfrank2
shesamarshmallow
#1re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/7/06 at 10:19pm

My lord. I loved Maria.
But between this and Grease, it makes me wonder if they don't know about all the really good musicals they could revive... Joseph is horrible.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/7/06 at 10:28pm

What's next? "FAME BECOMES YOU" - a new reality show looking for Martin Short impersonators?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#3re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:04am

if we're going to have broadway reality shows, can't we revive GOOD shows?

I mean, i understand that they're looking for musicals that appeal primarily to pop culture, but this is ridiculous.

there are other shows that could be cast reality-wise and still work. Like 42nd Street, or Crazy for You, or Hair - stuff that's not too dramatically heavy and doesn't rely on major amounts of star power.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#4re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:13am

wait...this kind of excites me but I think it should only be Joseph and the Narrator.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#5re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:38am

Ha ha ha ha.

Man. I love JOSEPH.

musicalangel12
#6re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 12:48am

Okay, as much as I love Andrew Llyod Webber and adore "Joseph...", from what I can tell this show is going to be really elaborate if Webber gets his wish.

Will someone please stop him?

"Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good."--Terrence Mann

"Pretty much...if you've seen any shows that have a jerk boyfriend in that show...I'm that guy."--Richard H. Blake

Diane: Aww, you are such a chick flick. I would totally pay $12 to see you. (Kristin Chenoweth on "Ugly Betty") http://musicalangel12.blogspot.com <-- my blog. Give it a read, please.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#7re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 5:12am

wow! the only gd show's that he's got and now he's ruining it - I love this man *goes into room and looks for a gun*

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

NathanLaneStalker
#8re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:19am

UGH!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

mauriposa
#9re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/8/06 at 3:31pm

*cries* Make it stop!
Updated On: 11/8/06 at 03:31 PM

rockfenris2005
#10re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:54am

Look at it this way...

What's popular now (which doesn't mean I support it, I'm just saying what's popular). Reality T.V.?

What does theatre need for the 21st century? To be as popular and mainstream as it was when you had the Cole Porters, the Richard Rodgers, the Alan Jay Lerners & Frederick Loewes ruling the roost. Not to mention the whole *shudders* 80s "phenomenon"

At least it brings new exposure to what some may call a dying artform....

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 11/9/06 at 09:54 AM

rockfenris2005
#11re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:56am

What I'd like to see is a NEW MUSICAL *ALTOGETHER* being developed on reality T.V. LOL, Lloyd Webber should take that approach with "Master & Marguerita" :P I think, at the very least, it would amuse some people hhehe

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 11/9/06 at 09:56 AM

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#12re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/12/07 at 9:00pm

If they do another show after grease it's gonna be hard to find something that will have the fallowing to come anywhere near grease. Maybe joseph would work, but what would be more, I hate to say it, Commercial?

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#13re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/12/07 at 9:45pm

When Disney does HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL on Broadway (yes its coming) they could cast it just as well through a reality show.

Dibbledl01
#14re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/12/07 at 11:17pm

please.....no.....

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#15re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/13/07 at 2:56am

if i read that correctly, he hopes to cast practically the whole thing with a reality tv show? thats too much i think. if it were more documentative and less interactive, maybe...

algy Profile Photo
algy
#16re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/13/07 at 5:43am

We just don't need another Joseph. It spent a couple of years in London not long ago, and is still touring and touring...

FosseForever3 Profile Photo
FosseForever3
#17re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/13/07 at 11:39am

Michael Bennett: you're joking right? They wouldn't bring HSM to Broadway, right? No..NEVER...right?!?

"Now she wants to know WHY, if I'm so fabulous, I would WANT to take care of her child.....I answer with as much filigree and insouciance as I can muster, trying to slightly cock my head like Snow White listening to the animals. She, in turn, is aiming for more of a Diane-Sawyer-pose, looking for answers which will confirm that I am not there to steal her husband, jewelry, friends, or child. In that order." The Nanny Diaries

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#18re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show
Posted: 2/13/07 at 11:43am

They can't cast "good" shows this way because too much talent is required. Any show that can be decently performed by a group of talented amateurs is fodder for the reality TV approach - AAAARGH!

I thought it was ironic that when they used this approach to cast Maria in The Sound of Music in London, they ended up having to replace the Captain on short notice but the Maria wowed the critics (or some of them anyway).
Updated On: 2/13/07 at 11:43 AM

Videos