Chronicle of a Death Foretold
The Green Bird

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#6re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/15/07 at 8:28pm

I sort of wish i'd seen Brooklyn.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#7re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/15/07 at 8:28pm

I sort of wish i'd seen Brooklyn.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#8re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/15/07 at 8:31pm

In My Life
Good Vibrations
Lestat
Carrie
Dance of The Vampires
Dracula
Brooklyn The Musical

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#9re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:08am

The Vampie musicals: Dance of the Vampires, Dracula, Lestat
Carrie
In My Life
Lennon
High Fidelity

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#10re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:23am

Yeah, hi, I had front row seats for LONE STAR LOVE on Decembe the 7th... LoL If that's not "Dedication To My Flops" I don't know WHAT is! Heehee!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#11re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:29am

In My Life
Via Galactica
Carrie
Dance of The Vampires

and MOST of all: Ally Sheedy in Hedwig.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#12Ah, memories
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:47am

Train wreck I DID see: The last reival of My Fair Lady with Rex Harrison and Ms. Nesbitt. Harrison BARELY phoned in his performance, delivering his last line as such a throwaway that you could barely here him and walking through the show like he was in a dream. Eliza kept losing her accent and Nesbitt had to be led around the stage by a man dressed in tails whose only function was to get her to her mark. At one point she called Harrison "Colonel Pickering". It became so ridiculous that much of the audience was laughing at the farce.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#13re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:49am

Carrie
In My Life
Via Galactica
Dude

NOW you all wish you'd seen Lestat. When it was me all alone in that theatre, night after night, wearing my KISS ME CAROLEE t-shirt and weeping, where were you then?

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#14re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:53am

Sam, I saw that one as well...and got to go backstage and meet Nesbitt and Nancy Ringham (Eliza) and let me tell you...Nesbitt must have been 153 years old.

I agree with most of these, and would add...Canterbury Tales and Prettybelle.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#15re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:19pm

The opportunity to see Carrie presented itself, yet I chose to see Chess instead.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#16re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:52pm

In My Life: I'd kill to see that giant lemon scene!

I kind of wish I had seen Lestat. I mean, it might have been interesting.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#17re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:57pm

wow i feels special now because i watched Carrie in Stratford when i was young and loved it (as most audiences did) and now i watch it every week

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#18re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 1:36pm

"The opportunity to see Carrie presented itself, yet I chose to see Chess instead."

Same here, Dottie!

I would've been just as sorry to have missed Judy Kuhn in Chess, however.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Ed_Mottershead
#19re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 2:22pm

Hands down, Carrie. The kicker for me is that I saw another show in the afternoon; tickets for Carrie were on half-price that day and I could easily have seen the evening performance had my "friend" been amenable to the idea. Haven't seen him for 12 years and wish I never had in the first place, if only because he gypped me out of a great opportunity! I console myself with having seen Eve Arden in one of two performances she did of Moose Murders.

BroadwayEd

maninchair.com Profile Photo
maninchair.com
#20re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 2:45pm

Carrie
Time and Again
Chess

Trainwrecks I wish I hadn't seen:
The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
My Thing of Love
Fame (in London)

Eric M. Cole
www.maninchair.com

starzilla
#21re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:40pm

I second The Vampire Trilogy: Dance of the Vampires, Dracula, Lestat, (I'm a sucker for those suckers.) Nick and Nora, and of course Carrie.

Ok does Pirate Queen Count? How About Lord of The Rings?

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#22re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:53pm

I can at least console myself that I did get to see both Lestat and Pirate Queen. And I have to say I enjoyed Lestat more. A very relative comparison, but still...

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#23re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 4:20pm

I envy Ed_Mottershead for seeing the always wonderful Eve Arden in MOOSE MURDERS, which Times critic Frank Rich said would prove to be the benchmark by which all flops would be compared to(or words to that effect). Who remembers Eve Arden in the radio and TV sitcom "Our Miss Brooks"?

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#24re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 4:25pm

I had no idea that so many people who post HERE never did see Lestat.

I got to see it twice, and for the first time in my life I feel kind of fortunate that I did, lol.

MaronaDavies
#25re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen
Posted: 10/16/07 at 4:44pm

Metro
In My Life
Dracula (musical)
Frankenstein (play)

I'm also feeling fortunate that I saw Lestat twice. :)