pixeltracker

my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today

my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#0my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:16pm

We were discussing the fall of Saigon and i said something like
"i've never really studied it before, but I know that Thieu resigned from Miss Saigon" and he proceeded to sing the whole Telephone Song.

my friend keri and i are notorious for breaking into bway songs in the hallway at school during the day. the most recent one was when we were ordering something to eat the other day
"I don't know what I want."
"But how can you know what you want till you get what you want and you see if you like it?"
"Would I know?"
"All I know is"
"I never wish..just for this reason"
"What I want most of all..is to know what I want.."
"When you know you can't have what you want..wheres the profit in wishing.."

do you ever have musical theater experiences during work or school?

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#1re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:18pm

Ha! Nice story! One time my history teacher got arrested for singing "Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me" from Rocky Horror to me repeatedly...

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#2re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:21pm

My sociology teacher last semester was talking about the economy and started singing "Money" from Cabaret. I was the only one who got it. I was cracking up though.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

ForTheLoveOfLea Profile Photo
ForTheLoveOfLea
#3re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:22pm

I do it all the time but no one gets it without me explaining it. . . Its lonely being a broadway freak where people don't know much about it. re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today

Thou giveth fever.

Up In Lost
#4re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:23pm

My dentist always sings showtunes while he works on my mouth.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#5re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:27pm

Lea- don't worry. You're not alone in that department. I do the same things and my friends and family all think I'm insane.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#6re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:36pm

Up In Lost.
I am dying. DYING!

romanov
#7re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:38pm

I am a teacher. Whenever it starts to rain, I've been known to break into Here's That Rainy Day from Carnival in Flanders. Also, I've been know to let go with Mack the Knife from Threepenny Opera for no other reason than I love it. To my great surprise, one of my students joined in the last time I "sang" it.

Sumofallthings
#8re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:40pm

That's so weird because today we were talking about Kurt Weil in British Literature (don't ask me why) and my 65 year old Brit Lit Teacher starts belting out Mack the Knife! I loved it!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

CJWesselman Profile Photo
CJWesselman
#9re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:44pm

This past semester I took US History from 1877 On and one day while we was lecturing about WWII, he made some crack about it being "Springtime for Hitler." My fellow theatre students next to me and I let out hearty guffaws while the rest of the class remained silent. re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today

Sumofallthings
#10re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:46pm

"hearty guffaws" Hehe I like that.

romanov
#11re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:49pm

If a class as a whole has not done as expected on a test or project, they all know that I will start singing Trouble from The Music Man. And with my voice, that's reason enough for them to apply themselves more seriously the next time.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#12re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:32pm

Well I did a musical theatre presentation in my Music and History class and played La Vie Boheme from RENT and everyone was singing along with it and dancing in their seats (some were even dancing out of them :-P) And when you go to a school for the performing and fine arts, let me tell you it didn't sound all that bad. :-P Plus it was loads of fun. God where's my video camera when I need it...... And there was this one senior who brought her acoustic and serenaded the courtyard at lunch with One Song Glory among some of her own songs plus the full string orchestra or jazz band will play out in the courtyard at lunch for practice and its like listening to a symphony while eating your sandwhich. God, I love going to an arts school. :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#13re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:38pm

in my high school advanced theatre class it happened all the time an NO ONe batted an eyebrow.

i did it several times in math tho... i hated that class

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#14re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:58pm

My boyfriend and I do that all the time. When I become a teacher I swear I'll do that all the time. Lol. It's always fun.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

FosseBoi
#15re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/25/05 at 1:04am

My friend and I used to ALWAYS do that! We had so much chemistery together, that nothing would remind us of any song, but we would both start singing a song at exactly the same time! GOD I miss her!

WHen I was in 6th grade, the teach was talking and something reminded her of "Time Warp". And she turns to me and asks, "Isnt that a line in that song?" And we started singing it. Of course, going to a HICK school at the time, NO ONE got it. Thank GOD I'm not there anymore!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

aspiringactor
#16re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/25/05 at 9:21am

I have the same "small town" thing, so no one ever knows what I'm singing about - but just about anything reminds me of something - especially when someone says last night I had a dream, and then I always have to break into Mama Rose's I had a dream. But I have an English teacher who is also a close friend (she got me into music theatre in the first place) she's always breaking into (edited) lines from RENT, MISS SAIGON, and EVENUE Q.

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#17re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:54am

I always thought that the Baker's Wife said:
"I never wish... Just within reason."

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

musical medea Profile Photo
musical medea
#18re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/25/05 at 1:35pm

when i was in high school my stat teacher and i did shows at the same theatre so whenever we didnt want to do any work, i would get him talking about shows and we always broke out into song...another teacher was teaching about american history and people who killed or tried to kill presidents so broke out into assassins songs...my teacher loved them so much that she know uses them to teach her current classes

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#19re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:24pm

Once upon a time, I was in a high school class and we were finishing the school year by playing Trivial Pursuit as a class. The question came, "Whats the longest running musical in Broadway History?" I said "Cats." The game was manufactered WAY earlier, and "Chorus Line" was the answer back then, so I had to battle with the teacher and other team.

Further proof of what a dweeb I am.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

FosseBoi
#20re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:37pm

I had a class this year with one of my BEST theatre friends, and we would always break out into song and sometimes dance. But when we did the teacher HATED IT! Oh, btw.......................
this was our freeken DRAMA TEACHER!
One time my friend and I walked down the hall belting "Skid Row". AS I previously stated, I live in a small hick town, and granted this school is NOTHING compared to my old school, you can imagin the looks we got!loL!re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Videos