News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mel24601

Mel24601 Profile Photo
Member Name: Mel24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: call me a loser...
 Oct 16 2005, 10:54:36 AM
I thought I'd bump this thread back. Its been a while. See if anyone has any more artistic talent to share.
re: call me a loser...
 Feb 7 2005, 12:27:05 AM
Anyone try Mamma Mia?
re: The Producers- it never gets old
 Feb 5 2005, 01:55:32 PM
I love the show! Never gets old for me either.
re: Mistakes on cast recordings...
 Jan 25 2005, 02:06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that that whisper at the end of Another Pyramid in Aida is actually a page turn or someone taking a page off their music stand. Either way, I hear it every time now.
re: Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?
 Jan 21 2005, 11:01:58 PM
I saw a high school performance of Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up. I don't remember it very well so I can't really help you but I do remember it being really funny.

I also saw a high school put on Carousel. Its a nice show but it bored me alot whereas DBPLSRRU didn't.

re: A little math for ya: PHANTOM = CRAPTASTIC
 Jan 21 2005, 08:15:56 PM
I haven't read everyone's post so forgive me if I repeat anything.
I liked the movie. There were some things that could have been better like the inconsistencies with the Phantom's makeup and mask and the problem with a lot of the ADR. But overall, I thought it was good and I enjoyed it very much. To those of you who haven't seen it and may be persuaded not to because of the negative things said about it, I'd suggest you go see it so you can make the judgement yourself.

The mor

re: Which Cast Albums Would You Take To A Desert Island?
 Jan 19 2005, 04:32:11 PM
Mine:

Hairspray
Joseph
Les Miserables
Miss Saigon
Phantom
Rent
Sweeney Todd
The Producers
The Full Monty
Wicked

re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
 Jan 17 2005, 12:49:31 PM
Actually, that kind of video is not hard to make at all. My career field is making videos (music videos, documentaries etc) and that was really pretty basic stuff she had put in there. It was just a slideshow of pictures put to music with some fancy transitions between them.
Although it seemed a bit like honoring the death of someone, it was still a nice simple project that someone did to show her respect for Idina. So good for her.

Jan 13 2005, 02:58:20 PM
Tonight tonight...It does sound like that
re: What do you have tickets for?
 Jan 13 2005, 12:47:16 PM
Chicago 2/16.
That's it

Jan 13 2005, 12:42:12 PM
In Into The Woods (the original london cast recording), they sing "Into the woods to get the thing that makes it worth the journeying" If you listen, someone screws up which verse it is and says "wish" instead of "thing"

In Aida, when Amneris sings I Know The Truth and says "This should have been my time", there is a glitch on the word "my". Its not the singer's fault, rather something that happened technically during the recording.

re: 'Joseph' 's Donny
 Jan 10 2005, 09:58:46 PM
I like the show. I think Donny made a great Joseph. It may not be an all time best musical ever but its fun. Fun tunes to hum too.
Still at #9 on the list...
 Jan 10 2005, 12:53:14 PM
I also work in a music store on the very opposite side of the country than my dear friend Zepka. We could not keep the phantom soundtrack in stock. People were always coming in asking for it and I had to keep telling them that we were sold out.
Think about some of the real movie flops that were out there.... No Way does Phantom even come close to them.

(Hi zepka! You got me to this site, so here I am!)

re: What Broadway CD should i buy...need suggestions!?
 Jan 5 2005, 01:23:44 PM
Some of my all time favs are:

The Producers
Wicked
The Full Monty
Phantom
Miss Saigon (London Cast recording)
Les Miserables
Hairspray
Into The Woods (the original cast recording)

re: Fav Character EVER
 Jan 5 2005, 01:18:26 PM
Marc Cohen (Rent)
Jerry (The Full Monty)
Leo Bloom (Producers)

re: What's in YOUR player?
 Jan 5 2005, 01:07:12 PM
Car - Polar Express
Computer - I've been on a Wicked kick lately
CD player - Les Mis

re: Who Would You Meet?
 Jan 5 2005, 01:04:12 PM
Colm Wilkinson and Michael Crawford. Two awesome actors!
re: What shows did you do in high school?
 Jan 5 2005, 01:01:37 PM
Just Guys and Dolls. But it was fun.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You