News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pan_Am_L-1011

Member Name: Pan_Am_L-1011
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ALW's Cinderella
 Jul 9 2021, 02:33:21 PM

I am enjoying the album. I think this is his best since Sunset Boulevard in terms of the score and musicality of the score. Just a bunch of nice songs. A good return to form. 

How it is on stage is another thing.

Wicked Clone The Cinema Musical
 Oct 15 2018, 09:36:40 PM

That's not what I meant and you know it. Hundreds over the course of how long, a year? That's nothing. That's such a tiny tiny percentage of theatergoers. That's what I was getting at. No comment for or against any show on here is going to make or sink that show. I'm certainly not going to put much weight into what anyone says on here, or critics for that matter. I'll see what I want to see and not see what I don't want to see. 

Hamilton Observations
 Oct 15 2018, 09:32:52 PM

Yes, of course I know $200 and 200 Pounds is not the same. I'd pay either. It was well worth it. I liked the Broadway Burr better, the London Hamilton better, and everyone else was about the same I would say. Didn't  care for the guy playing Lafayette until he came out as Jefferson in Act II and completely stole the show. He was amazing as Jefferson. Fun night all around. I can't wait to see it again.

Hamilton Observations
 Oct 14 2018, 11:35:43 PM

I saw it in London in June and paid 200 Pounds. It was absolutely worth it and absolutely the best show I have ever seen, hands down.

I wish those idiots on Broadway would allow what they do in London. There's no scalping that way. I check ticketmaster for weeks and suddenly 8 seats in a row opened up and I snapped up two of them. I'd easily pay $200 to see it again. There's so much garbage on Broadway I'd rather pay $400 to see Hamilton again than $400 to see 10 other

Wicked Clone The Cinema Musical
 Oct 14 2018, 11:30:15 PM

There are no shills here. No one gives a crap what any of us write on this stupid board. Seriously, less than 0.1% of all theatergoers even bother coming here and reading posts. I'm a theatergoer - a frequent theatergoer and I come here for news and cast recording releases, that's it. Occasionally, I lurk on the boards. I just discovered Wicked Clone from the cast recording section on this site, bought it and LOVE IT, so I wanted to see if I can find out more about this. No one is goi

What's wrong with Broadway?
 May 11 2018, 03:22:37 PM

Great article. I agree. It doesn't seem like there's much originality on Broadway. I'm tired to jukebox musicals and musicals with boring pop/rock scores. Granted, two of my favorite shows of all time premiered recently on Broadway (Hamilton and The Great Comet). When I say, recently I am going back 5 years. It's too bad The Great Comet didn't last long. I love Dear Evan Hansen, but I was surprised it's mostly boring pop/rock score beat the score of The Great Comet. I

Lover Never Dies Tour
 Oct 4 2017, 01:40:37 PM

johannabarker said: "Anyway this is going to fail and I just want to thank everyone on this board who tells me to shut up (or even in some cases, die, can't remember if it was you Lot666 or the other guy, phantomfan something). You only encourage me to spread the gospel of Love Never Dies sucking and James Barbour's crimes and lack of talent."

Why? How does doing so enhance your life? Kind of pathetic! If you don't like it, move along. I don't like th

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Oct 4 2017, 01:35:32 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "FOLLIES

followed in rapid succession by:

GYPSY

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

COMPANY

"

Yes, I agree. Sondheim is so overrated. I would call Sweeney Todd the greatest musical ever written, and I think Into the Woods is brilliant, but everything else is so overrated, uninteresting, and just flat out boring.

ANASTASIA Reviews
 Apr 25 2017, 10:02:19 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "New York Times is in, by Brantley. Pretty negative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/theater/anastasia-review-broadway.html?_r=0

"

He's such a pretenious dick. 

Mar 18 2017, 11:00:11 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "The whole gay deal annoys me because the way it played out its like "Look! We love those gay peoples! Look! They're in our movie! Look! It's a backlash because we're so accepting and shif!!!!!!!"

"

Oh look another idiotic comment.

Which cast recording are you currently listening to on repeat?
 Jul 30 2016, 01:05:55 PM

Bright Star, Hamilton, Chess (Danish), DOTV (OVC) and Phantom (OLC). The Secret Garden (OLC) is on deck for when I study today.

Jul 30 2016, 01:04:22 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "Odd that the original poster refers to the recordings appropriately as Cast Recordings in his post but then goes back and refers to them as soundtracks and also does so in the title of the thread. 

They actually are Cast Recordings, soundtracks are recordings of movie scores, even though iTunes, Spotify and most music streaming services erroneously label cast recordings as soundtracks as well.

Its become the norm but that doesn't mak

Jul 30 2016, 12:56:14 PM

I just reloaded that and Cats to my iPhone. Love Starlight Express. I'll join you on the way out. :)

Jul 30 2016, 12:55:02 PM

How do you organize your playbills?
 Feb 2 2016, 10:23:05 PM

I toss 'em in the bin.

Hunchback Album
 Jan 28 2016, 09:33:10 PM

I LOVE the cast album. I loved the Berlin album and the Berlin show too, but I like this cast album far more than the German one. I think it's stronger, more refined and just more exciting.

I'm not sure why it's not going to Broadway. Some reviews I've read said it's still difficult for the audience to connect with these characters and feel emotionally invested in them. I do love the music. I wish they had done the full ending of the novel, when Quasimodo lays with t

Hunchback Album
 Jan 22 2016, 01:13:04 AM

Done. Fantastic. So happy. I had to listen to Esmeralda at least 5 times in a row before moving on. I haven't liked a cast recording this much at first listen since BOM. Bravo. 

Hunchback Album
 Jan 22 2016, 12:09:07 AM

It showed up early on iTunes. Yay! I'm on Heaven Light and love it so far. Really great! So happy. I saw this in Berlin in 2000 and have been dying for an English cast recording since. Finally!!! 

I miss Patti Lupone.
 Sep 28 2014, 06:57:50 PM
Jordan, you are such a dick!
Possible MARTIN GUERRE revival
 Jan 13 2013, 11:40:23 AM
I agree. I loved this show initially, and would love a revival (based on the original London production).
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You