folkyboy
#2re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 11:55am

god he's so hot

NiteOwl Profile Photo
NiteOwl
#2re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 11:55am

if that's the devil then take me straight to HELL!

"I'm only 17 and am running on 6 cups of coffee so, forgive me if things that I post seem spastic." ~ Elphaba 43

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#3re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:10pm

Any new news on who will be playing the witches? I've heard Skinner and Noll are interested, but have no idea how true that is.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#4re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:34pm

The rumor a couple of months ago was that Emily Skinner, Alice Ripley, and Christiane Noll were slated to play the witches.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#5re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:41pm

Anyone know if they're gonna bring it to Bway?
I have heard the cast recording, and despite what sounds like amazing performances, I really can't get into the music. Except "Another Night At Daryl's". That is a great song!

....but the world goes 'round

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#6re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:12pm

Yeah, based on the OCR this is a problematic show. It opened in the West End only six and a half years ago yet it sounds so old-fashioned and dated. The three leading ladies have some good moments but Daryl's songs are just okay at best. I can't imagine this ever having a Broadway production.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#7re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:31pm

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that the witches will be Emily Skinner, Jacquelyn Piro and Christianne Noll.

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#8re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:56pm

I have a SERIOUS soft spot for this show and.. yeah ok this is more than a little exciting to me.

I wonder what kind of changes they're going to make - I'm assuming it'll be tinkered with before they give it a shot here...

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

musicalsFan
#9re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:59pm

He's only so-so in The Apple Tree. And yet, here he is again in another show.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#10re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 3:01pm

Kudisch has one of the best (if not the best) baritones on Broadway right now. THAT'S why he keeps finding himself in show after show.

Julian2
#11re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 3:05pm

I hope this show has a decent future in the US. I'd buy the cast recording except I'm not big on buying things online and I never see this.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#12re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 3:13pm

Well I am thrilled! I sort of had a feeling. The only person I would have seen better fit for the role might be Jeff McCarthy, but he is doing Pirate Queen. I can't wait. I have to get tickets. Ever since first hearing the OLC, I really fell in love and it is just one of those shows that really does it for me!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

musicalsFan
#13re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 3:35pm

Kudisch has one of the best (if not the best) baritones on Broadway right now. THAT'S why he keeps finding himself in show after show.

Again, I don't care much for him both singing and acting in the shows I've seen him in. Eh. To each his own.

wheredidhegogeorge2
#14re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 5:17pm

is there anything the man cant do? my god hes amazing!

thenewmoon
#15re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:17pm

"He's only so-so in The Apple Tree. And yet, here he is again in another show. "

Thanks for the comment; glad to know I'm not alone. I think he's great on record, yet every time I see him live, I'm disappointed. Yet, still making a cross-country pilgrimage to see Pirates of Penzance...we'll see if he's able to pull off a non-mic'ed perf.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#16re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:35pm

Good to see such a talented (not to mention the fact he's extremely sexy--unfortunately straight) actor getting job after job in the theater world. Can't wait to see him on Sunday in The Apple Tree.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#17re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:36pm

That extremely talented man is always getting job after job.Whenever he is doing a show he always has something lined up next. He definitely does have the best baritone I've ever heard.
Updated On: 2/7/07 at 06:36 PM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#18re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:45pm

He's only so-so in The Apple Tree. And yet, here he is again in another show.

I think it's the role in "The Apple Tree" that's so-so, not him. He never really had a chance to shine like James and Chenoweth did.
Updated On: 2/7/07 at 06:45 PM

LoringsGuy
#19re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/23/07 at 2:23pm

I'm excited to hear how this pans out. I think the role is a good fit for him, and he'll definitely bring a more legit vocal presence to the role than Ian McShane on the OLCR. Good as he was, he spoke-sung too much for my taste.

I agree that the score sounds "old-fashioned," but I think that's exactly what I like about it: a nice throwback to the golden age of Broadway.

There is some GREAT music for the ladies. Can't wait to hear who gets cast! I'm assuming Emily would play the Cher/Lucie Arnaz role?

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY

Studmuffn520
#20re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick
Posted: 2/23/07 at 3:00pm

"Cher/Lucie Arnaz role?"
alexandra medford

but yeah i wanna see this. i think cher should be in it though lmao i love her

Videos