News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ColumbiaMT

ColumbiaMT Profile Photo
Member Name: ColumbiaMT
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: vibrato in theatre
 Jan 16 2008, 01:53:29 AM
Yeah, I guess its just a matter of taste. I, personally, like both vibrato and straight tone in a voice. Vibrato is just the beautification of a tone and makes it more pleasing to the listener. Same goes with any musical instrument really. Its just a "to each his own" I guess. Some singers love it - some hate it.
re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
 May 30 2005, 11:19:53 PM
Ashley Brown is from my hometown - Gulf Breeze, FL. Look for her as Belle starting in September.
Ashley Brown to be next Belle on Broadway
 May 19 2005, 07:24:27 PM
For all of you who saw "On the Record", Ashely Brown who plays Kristen will be the next Belle in "Beauty and the Beast" on broadway starting in September. I knew she would be big. I think broadway will welcome her with open arms.

-Guerin

re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
 May 19 2005, 05:32:58 PM
I went to the show/stage door on Tuesday as well. I was so impressed with Jenna. I actually liked how Nessas understudy played the role. But yes, the show was amazing. All of the cast members at the stage door were beyond nice. I felt sorry for the ensemble members because no one really wanted them. I wanted to take Logan Lipton home with me - very nice guy. He talked about how he always tried the lottery for NYC Wicked and never won. So, yeah, the group of teeny bobbers that were at the stage d
re: Anyone See Wicked in Chicago Last Night?
 Apr 30 2005, 07:34:01 PM
So, my friend and I were luky enough to win the lottery for the 2pm show today (Saturday), it was the full cast, no understudies.

From someone who has seen Wicked on broadway and now the tour, I can honestly say that I enjoyed this cast as a whole because they actually sang as opposed to trying to out belt eachother. Tee ensemble worked really well together and there was no weak link in the cast. There was one asian girl who has this wig on that looks like a potted plant is on top of h

re: Will the Wicked tour in Chicago have a lottery?
 Apr 15 2005, 03:07:46 PM
Broadway in Chicago dosen't technically have a "lottery" for shows that come here. However, a few hours before showtime, they do release "Student Tickets" for 25$ and they'll put you whereever they have seats left. I've seen Les Mis twice here and once was in 3rd row and the second was in the 8th - both for 25$. They did this for Sweet Charity as well. But I'm seeing Wicked on May 18th. Looking forward to it!

-Guerin

re: For anyone who was at FL state thespians
 Apr 10 2005, 05:53:44 PM
I was a Senior last year and went to state but sadly moved on to a school where its like state competition everyday lol. I was in District One (Troupe 4105). I was in I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change at state last year and this year I belive my school brought Runaways as a one act. State was good times :) I hope you had fun!

-Guerin

re: WICKED IN CHICAGO!
 Apr 9 2005, 05:16:47 PM
I've heard "rumors" of a few people that I know getting callbacks for Glinda, but not too sure. But I do know that their mixing the cast with people from New York and Chicago. My guess is that the principals will be from New York (al la Ana Gasteyer and company) and the ensemble will be composed of mainly Chicago actors. But all I know is the Ford Theatre is decked out in Wicked posters and greenness. Crazy.

-Guerin

re: On the Record
 Apr 9 2005, 05:11:10 PM
Daisy -

That was most likely good ole me. I dragged all my friends in our program to go see it because I'm a nerd and I wanted them to all meet Ashley. I don't remember seeing you.. don't hate me!

-Guerin

re: On the Record
 Apr 8 2005, 07:53:40 PM
My friend Ashley Brown who I went to High School with is in the show so she was nice enough to treat me to a ticket when it came to Chicago. The show itself isn't anything to brag about but the music is good and the talent is amazing. It's a review show so don't go expecting an amazing plot line. It's nice entertainment for the evening - you'll enjoy yourself.

-Guerin

re: Lord of the rings audition
 Apr 6 2005, 12:24:28 PM
It almost makes me think that they may be going for a Cirque du Soleil(ish) type feel as far as the music and vocalists go. I watched the "behind the scenes" video about it and I don't think this musical will be a "typical" musical at all. Just listen to a few Cirque du Soleil CD's and get a feel for that type of music.

Best of luck to you on your audition!

-Guerin

Just sharing a picture...
 Apr 5 2005, 11:32:28 PM
My friend actually took this while walking by the theatre the other night -- looks like Chicago is ready for Wicked.

re: 'Wicked' Officially open-ended in Chicago
 Mar 22 2005, 07:13:02 PM
Ok well now everything is coming into place. I'm a Musical Theatre student at Columbia in Chicago and last week a few of my friends went to an open call for "Wicked". I thought it was weird so I went to the equity website to see what it was all about and under the breakdown is said "This is not for Broadway. This is not a tour" and now it makes sence, because it won't be. It will just be here in Chicago and not going anywhere.

To add my friends who went to the audition said that they ha

Les Miz in Chicago
 Mar 19 2005, 01:49:16 AM
Well I'm a nerd and went to go see Les Mis again tonight :) I actually got to see Eponines understudy this time. Marissa McGowan went on for Melissa Lyons and I really enjoyed Marissas portraial of Eponine. After she sung On My Own the applause went on for quite a while. But my favorite is still Tonya Dixon - her voice keeps growing on me and I agree that she needs to be on broadway ASAP.

Whats the link to that Cafe Les Mis?

-Guerin

Les Miz in Chicago
 Mar 18 2005, 03:49:39 AM
Well, I did this once and pressed the wrong button and my lovely long review(ish) thing for erased. So here I go again..

Just wanted to say that I'm brand new to the happy little board here. I'm Guerin and I'm currently studying Musical Theatre at Columbia in Chicago.

I went to go see Les Mis last night (Wednesday) and was my first time seeing the show. I saw a "school addition" back at home and well.. no comment.

I was very impressed with the set, costumes and a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You