News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for truffula

truffula Profile Photo
Member Name: truffula
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: which Les Miz recording to get?
 Dec 14 2006, 06:07:18 PM
Kaho Shimida has a fine voice the problem is that she speaks no english and was taught all the songs phonetically so she sounds a bit different. CSR is the best to go with there are so many wonderful small moments musically that are just not captured on the other recordings. Especially ValJean singing counterpoint to Cosette's Castle On A Cloud when they first meet. Great stuff. Plus Gary Morris sings Bring Him Home in full voice, wow!
re: Rate the musical above you.
 Jun 25 2006, 12:38:36 AM

Children of Eden

re: Favorite Moment from Tonys
 Jun 13 2006, 03:50:43 AM
Christian Hoff winning for best featured actor! His performance was brilliant but no one gave him a chance.
re: POST SPOILER PLEASE!!
 Jun 11 2006, 09:07:24 PM
It's almost offensive that show people can't put on a decent opener! And what was up with Harry's shoulder thing?
re: What are your favorite soprano songs? Need suggestions.
 May 15 2006, 08:37:44 PM
Anything from Gilbert and Sullivan is loaded with soprano songs.
re: Favorite Sweeney Todd Quote
 Jan 18 2006, 12:16:44 AM
Look at my signature.
re: Jersey Boys or Color Purple
 Nov 3 2005, 02:52:20 PM
Jersey Boys. This is going to be the sleeper hit of the year. Color Purple is slow and boring with no musical focus.
re: What the Heck is Carrie The Musical??????
 Oct 8 2005, 12:02:38 AM
I soooo wish I had seen it. Maybe My Life tomorrow will make up for it.
re: Review: Wasserstein's 'Third' at LCT
 Oct 7 2005, 11:59:26 PM
There are house seat releases almost everyday for this show. Try calling Telecharge the day before and the morning of the show you want to go to and you might have luck. Full price although it may be.
re: Best seating for Spelling Bee
 Sep 20 2005, 07:08:24 PM
I prefer the seating on the left and the right at Circle. Center feels too far back. But there really isn't a bad spot in there.
re: Greatest Shows?
 Sep 19 2005, 10:36:00 PM
Going to the Blue Man is like going to church. If you've seen it you know what I mean.
 Sep 19 2005, 10:30:47 PM
Oh yeah and how could I forget Showboat. Duh...
 Sep 19 2005, 10:27:23 PM
Children of Eden (Original London Cast)
Les Mis
The Woman in Black
Metamorphoses
Spamalot
Blueman Group
Chess
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the Kin...DOH!!! Wrong medium

re: lyrics in INTO THE WOODS
 Sep 19 2005, 10:22:20 PM
Seems to me alot of the Pro Shot vids of shows have alot of excessive editing, ie Pippin and Sweeney Todd. Perhaps they missed a shot or just the director of the video decides to drop it. But who knows.
Cheno at the Emmys last night
 Sep 19 2005, 04:19:20 PM
http://www.imdb.com/features/emmys/2005/gallery/emmy05-arrival/92

Lookin lovely as always.

re: I have much affection for this show
 Sep 15 2005, 03:00:21 PM
I work for Shubert who manages ticket sales for the Zipper and it is doing no business.
re: Spamalot matinees
 Sep 14 2005, 02:41:57 PM
Hank is back in the show after November 27.
re: Spamalot seating question
 Sep 13 2005, 05:25:41 PM
The seats are partial view there will be some things that you won't be able to see. When I was there people were leaning out over the edge of the box to see the french taunter. but they are still better seats than not seeing the show at all.
re: Shubert Theatre
 Aug 30 2005, 02:48:30 PM
Yes the seats in the last three rows of the mezz to the sides have a blocked view of three scenes so I would definitely opt for the balcony for something that far back in the mezz.
re: Shubert Theatre
 Aug 30 2005, 12:37:28 PM
Most of the action in the show is center stage, but with the set design you might have trouble seeing some of the French Taunter scene and Tim the Enchanter but that should be about it, those tix are much better then seats in the last three rows of the mezzanine where you would miss three scenes completely
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You