pixeltracker

Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!

Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#1Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 12:31am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=18283

Way to go Liev!!!

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#2re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 12:33am

Hooray for COMPANY and UTOPIA!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 12:38am

Ugh, COMPANY, can't even sell half a small house.
Oh well, It is an awfully well written show.

But the Roundabout revival was better than this one.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 12:41am

Once again Curtain, we know. There is no need to post your dislike about the Company revival in every thread. It's getting tiresome.

Congrats to all the winners.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

CurtainPullDowner
#4re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 12:47am

I think I have a right to my opinion when a show wins an award I disagree with.
And I always say it is just my opinion.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 12:55am

But we've all heard it 500 times already. It's redundant by now. Save your energy and come up with something new to hate.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

CurtainPullDowner
munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 1:01am

This revival of COMPANY is fantastic, but it honestly doesn't move me, touch me, or make me laugh as much as the show usually does.

But still...you can't honestly say that the Roundabout revival was better than this!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#8re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 1:01am

Well, if the Roundabout product was so much better, why did they close after barely 100 performances (previews included) in a smaller house than the Barrymore?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 1:04am

Well, it's an awfully good thing awards aren't given based on ticket sales then, isn't it?

Someone's clearly taken his share of insolent-childlike pills tonight!

Anyway, congratulations to all of the winners, especially the Company revival, for its much-deserved recognition.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CurtainPullDowner
#10re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 1:10am

Because Sondheim and Ellis decided they wanted to take their integrity in choice of casting over the producers.
Read Sondheim's letter to the NY TIMES.

The Roundabout production was pretty much sold out every night.
Luv the... I take no pills, maybe I should.
Updated On: 5/12/07 at 01:10 AM

TommyTunesSon
#11re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 8:37am

Just an opinion: i'm perplexed by this love for Liev Shrieber's performance in Talk Radio. I didn't like it. But mine is, as often is the case, a minority opinion.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#12re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 8:49am

TommyTunesSon, I agree with you. I don't think it was a particularly bad performance in any way. I just don't think it was anything to write home about. The play itself is mediocre at best, and Schreiber sits in a chair and talks into a microphone in a monotone voice acting like a total pr!ck for the first 85 minutes. And then for the last 15 minutes, he begins to slowly break down and we're supposed to start to paint him as a human being. I just didn't buy it. His performance in MACBETH was even worse.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 5/12/07 at 08:49 AM

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#13re: Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!
Posted: 5/12/07 at 10:21am

Curtain - while the ticket sales may be fading, COMPANY was chosen as best revival not by critics, or "Word of Mouth" types, or exclusively theater insiders, but by members of the Drama League, which is an open membership organization. So that people like ME voted for COMPANY and UTOPIA.