pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:32pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/3/2007 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:34pm

Ouch!

Pretty crappy week all around.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:35pm

Perhaps in this, it's last week, Journey's End can break the 50% capacity mark...

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#3re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:36pm

wow that's sad

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#4re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:38pm

really stinky week for most shows. I hope things starting turning back around.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

turquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
#5re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:39pm

Sorry if this has been answered before but how can Jersey Boys sell over 100% of the seats?

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#6re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:40pm

Standing Room Only tickets i believe

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Yankeefan007
#7re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:42pm

Avast, mateys! Pirrrrrrate Queen's a sinkin' ship.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#8re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:44pm

all i can say is OUCH. everything dropped. damn.

wonderfulwizard11
#9re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:46pm

Does anyone else find it slighty ironic that in a week where almost everything went down, Journey's End made more money and had a higher attendence than the previous week?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

jg4892
#10re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:48pm

Not really, considering it's closing in a week.

unckristen Profile Photo
unckristen
#11re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:49pm

That is horrible - how demoralizing

"She sang each word, the angels heard ... They closed her mouth and shipped her south. The woman's done."

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#12re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:49pm

hahah good point wonderfulwizard.

Finish strong Journeys End! I really hope they have awesome numbers for their last week, and by awesome i mean 50% or higher.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Updated On: 6/4/07 at 04:49 PM

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#13re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:51pm

This is what happens when you don't have a couple of new breakout hits during the season to get people talking about and going to the theater.

If Curtains and Legallly Blonde had been big hits, they would have generated a lot of press about Broadway and there would have been a trickle down to other shows.

Jersey Boys and Wicked are still taking care of business, but they're old news.

NDR
#14re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:51pm

Yankeefan
Didn't you notice that 90% of the show went down?

I know if it your mantra to mock The Pirate Queen, but you should be more concerned about the state of Broadway in general.

wonderfulwizard11
#15re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:52pm

Except, NDR, The Pirate Queen has been going down (pardon the pun) for a while now. It just went lower.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:53pm

I'm so nervous for the Tonys, because Company's run almost literally lies in their hands. This is not good.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#17re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:53pm

ouch

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

NDR
#18re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:56pm

wonferfulwizard

I know that - I have been watching as well - the point was that Broadway in general is not doing well. With ticket prices at historical highs and shows costing more and more, what is going to happen?

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#19re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:58pm

How to be happy and sad at the same time - Journey's End percentage was higher than Company's. But strange that everything is fading. We all know the Tonys don't help box office appreciably, and it looks like box offices all over town could use a lot of help.

wonderfulwizard11
#20re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:01pm

But NDR, Yankee's post was commenting on the state of The Pirate Queen, not Broadway as a whole. Most of the other shows have been doing well in other weeks, and dropped this week. However, The Pirate Queen has been going down for weeks, and that's what Yankee was commenting on.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#21re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:03pm

:-[ they really need to make tickets cheaper...they would end up making more overall.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#22re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:05pm

Only 110 IN THE SHADE, JOURNEYS END, and LOVEMUSIK posted percentage gains in audience. Everyone else dropped. Ouch is right!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#23re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:12pm

I love how 110 sells 88%, yet makes $344,000. Really small theater?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#24re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:22pm

Holy cow! I don't see any good news anywhere!

I don't feel so bad now. I own a business in Albany, NY. We were down last week too. But the week of the long Memorial Day weekend always sucks for us. Well at least we're keeping good company.

Next week has to be better.
Updated On: 6/4/07 at 05:22 PM