News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Barcelona

Barcelona Profile Photo
Member Name: Barcelona
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is the Company 2011 Philharmonic DVD still happening?  Jun 30 2012, 10:58:10 PM
I hope it is!
Newsies Stage Door  Jun 30 2012, 07:47:52 PM
I went about a week ago and everybody (minute maybe 1 or 2 ensemble members) and the young child came out
self entitlement/rude behaviour  Jun 29 2012, 11:59:05 PM
I sat next to the aisle at Newsies earlier this week and they were seating latecomers at least 45 minutes into the first act. I actually missed a lot of what was going on onstage because I was constantly getting up to let people in. One of the late couples spent the entire show snuggling and didn't applaud once.

The lady beside me also got up to go to the bathroom literally right as the entr'acte ended. What did she think intermission was for?

Associate Conductor question  Sep 18 2011, 09:51:47 PM
By contract, musicians on Broadway do not have to show up to all performances, and this applies to the conductor as well. So yes, the associate conductor will "take over" when the main conductor is out, but they don't necessarily know in advance when they will be conducting. The assistant conductor is probably the assistant musical director, though I could be entirely wrong.

It is likely that the percussion was piped in from another room, as percussion instruments typically take up a HU

Goodbye CATCH ME  Sep 4 2011, 12:24:56 PM
Very upset to see this go...I've been following this show since Seattle and thought it would run for MUCH longer.
When is  Sep 1 2011, 11:50:23 PM
I prefer Thursday nights too...no real reason though. And I MUCH prefer night shows to matinees
Buying a new show on itunes-need suggestions  Aug 30 2011, 11:27:29 PM
The Last 5 Years
The Light in the Piazza
Company (OBC)
Ragtime

[title of show] is a lot of fun too, and I really like the new Anything Goes recording

EW: Broadway's winners and losers for summer 2011  Aug 30 2011, 11:24:18 PM
I'm surprised Priscilla is still open...I can't imagine it having much appeal to tourists
Drowsy Chaperone plot question  Aug 30 2011, 11:22:34 PM
I spent a lot of the show trying to figure out exactly if and how the chaperone was related to anyone too...
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?  Aug 25 2011, 09:13:52 PM
I sent out requests to Anything Goes and Catch Me yesterday...hoping it gets there before it closes!
Earthquake  Aug 25 2011, 12:06:21 AM
Does the fault line respond to fan mail? I sent my letter a day ago and STILL haven't heard back!
Musicals with Great Holiday Songs?  Aug 24 2011, 10:08:38 PM
Thanks Jamesilsley! My extended family is very southern so I always just assumed it was a Dolly song :p
Musicals with Great Holiday Songs?  Aug 24 2011, 02:45:02 PM
Turkey Lurkey Time, of course. I also like "Hard Candy Christmas", though I'm pretty sure it was already recorded by Dolly Parton before it was used in the show (I need to Google that).

Although it's not exactly a holiday song, "My Favorite Time of Year" from Catch Me If You Can definitely has that sound, and I love it!

Which shows work better on CD than in the theatre?  Aug 24 2011, 01:19:58 PM
I agree with the person who said Ragtime.

I also LOVE the Light in the Piazza score and recording, but I'm in no rush to see the show again.

There's also the opposite...shows you enjoyed in the theatre but don't love the CD. I enjoyed the 2006 revival of Company, but can't help but cringe at some parts of the recording.

MEMPHIS on NETFLIX?!?!  Aug 17 2011, 07:41:18 PM
I saw this when it was in theatres...didn't love it, but didn't hate it. I like the score, but I don't really feel any chemistry between Huey and Felicia. We never really get to see their relationship develop
Three-Headed Broadway Star  Aug 17 2011, 07:39:00 PM
I remember watching this all the time!
Moments You Love in Cast Recordings  Aug 16 2011, 10:59:05 PM
Ooh, I could talk about things like this forever.

Aida:
The last 40 seconds or so of "Every Story is a Love Story Reprise"...especially when the when they add the top octave on the very last note. Made me tear up when I saw the show.

Beauty and the Beast:
The low strings/piano in the entracte around 1:25, under the "If I Can't Love Her Melody".
I also love the solo horn when Belle is reading to the Beast towards the end of "Something There"

Book of Mormon:

The Light in the Piazza  Aug 16 2011, 10:17:17 PM
I love this show! It's one of the most musically strong shows to have played in several years...the orchestrations are absolutely GORGEOUS.

Shrek Non Equity Tour  Aug 16 2011, 10:07:52 PM
He looks VERY young
Company 2011 DVD release?  Aug 15 2011, 06:23:07 PM
This is great news!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You