News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dReAmiNgAwAkE

dReAmiNgAwAkE Profile Photo
Member Name: dReAmiNgAwAkE
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Scottsboro Boys Rush
 Feb 22 2010, 12:20:49 AM
NOT TRUE.....ARRIVE @ THE THEATER 2 HOURS PRIOR TO GET TIX FOR $20! VINEYARD HAS ALOT OF SUBSCRIBERS AND THEY DONT SHOW UP....TRY 2 HOURS BEFORE TO GET TIX!!!!
re: 'Encores' & Non-Eq?
 Aug 24 2009, 12:15:31 PM
yes they do! depends more-so on the creative team with any show really but if they want you and you are right for the part it wont matter. you can join equity through city center. they've hired non-eq principles b4! you might even have the choice to not join the union when you get hired there i think b/c the runs are so short...good luck!!!!
re: Julia McGirt as Effie
 Sep 4 2006, 10:51:27 AM
was julia or any effies in fact, able to do 8 shows a week over a long period of time. I find that everyone was blowing there voices out which is understandable. didn't they know this was gonna be impossible to do 8 shows a week. I remember margo saying that there were like 5 covers for effie? also where did julia train or just a natural born actress!?
re: Audra Live from Lincoln Center
 Aug 28 2006, 03:29:27 PM
thats my birthday!!! whooo hooooo!
re: What show are YOU currently working on?
 Apr 18 2006, 02:14:19 AM
im about to do the Non-Eq Tour of hairspray..ill be seaweed...my first job ever..excited...verry lucky and cant wait...if you go to my myspace page you can go to my blog and see the dates/cities to check me out...

http://www.myspace.com/2267344

re: Are there any pictures of the CIRCLE IN THE SQUARE theater?
 Apr 13 2006, 12:47:49 AM
I'm actually a student there @ circle....M.Theater major and thank goodnes that a hit show is now in the theater so financially they are doing very very well....also Akeela and the Bee are promoting through Spelling Bee and visa versa so that will help tickets sells on both ends once the movie comes out.
re: Effie White -- Does She Have To Be 'Heavy?'
 Mar 21 2006, 07:06:05 PM
Margo,

I want to know more about these, "diva-fits". I've heard from some who worked with her that during Dreamgirls that she was a nightmare..I believe you talked about once her battling Michael Bennett about lyrics, the word "fat" er something of that nature in Dreamgirls to be changed etc......But I've also heard that she was heavenly after Dreamgirls....Do tell! I also heard ( and I sound like Benita from In Living Color talking about Miss Jenkins lol) that she would have to have ox

re: HaIrSpRaY THE MOVIE AUDITION STORIES
 Feb 6 2006, 09:29:15 PM
hey does anyone know what happenned with the seaweed callbacks/?!?
re: Will Lupone Be The Best Sung Momma Rose Since Merman?
 Jan 6 2006, 10:01:38 PM
My voice teacher worked in the broadway production with Peters and said that she could sing it fine it was the screaming done in all the scenes (which the director wanted all scenes screeeamed) that killed her voice...just standing up for Peters so keep that in mind
re: color purple 2nite and newz
 Nov 10 2005, 01:16:30 AM
i also heard that DaQuina Moore from Lil shop was seen for Nettie...dunno if she got it...I wanted Trisha Jeffery to get it but she was seen for Squeak.....who knows!?
re: color purple 2nite and newz
 Nov 10 2005, 01:00:05 AM
margo is this a strong mix the gurls got or is she belting those high high notes....do u think that she does so many it makes "im here" not as exciting because shes hit so many high notes before...takes away from the 11' oclock number in my opinion
color purple 2nite and newz
 Nov 10 2005, 12:54:24 AM
hey guys...
saw color purple 2nite for the second time....im still amazed and even excited about new changes coming about.

Some Changes already in affect:

-transitions are appearing to be running more smoothly and no choppiness
-dramatic scenes like nettie separation has been heightened tonite was muuuuuch more dramatic for such a big moment
-celie given more dialogue..they are working more on her dinner scene when she leaves mister

I the woman who wrote th

re: color purple starting previews today.
 Nov 2 2005, 03:43:30 PM
RUN AND SEE THIS SHOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE I'll have my review done soon but go catch it! WHOWWWWWWW!!!!what a great night of theater...great singing,acting,DANCING, amazing set....wow! more to come.......
re: color purple starting previews today.
 Nov 1 2005, 07:38:47 PM
I got rush for tonite...on my waaaay noooooow!! cant wait getting some coffee b/c its 2hours and 40 minutes long! i cant wait though ahhhH! i let you know anything soon as i get home ! ciao! happy first preview
All Shook Up SCript
 Oct 19 2005, 03:01:35 PM
Trisha Jeffery (ensemble, Lorraine U/S..also urchin in Lil ShoP) she going to be Emmie in Caroline or Change in D.C ! ! ! excited for her!!!!
re: GOLDEN BOY - Let's appreciate this Strouse-Adams score!
 Oct 16 2005, 11:53:15 AM
i sang , "Night Song" i raised it a key or two and it is just glorious ...musically and acting wise...LOVE IT>....where can i find a RECORDING?!! dying to hear the whole thing
ENSEMBLE # IDEAS PUWEEZ
 Oct 13 2005, 11:11:40 PM
hello all,

i figure you theater buff could help me with some ensemble numbers for my collegues and I @ Circle In the Square Musical Program...were gearing for our agent showcase and i need ensemble ideas...the dynamic of the group is very young...we have 3 guys who are "not in the young look market" but we are all strong actors move well..a few dancers strong voices...we have..get this...9 boys 4 gurls a energetic group...what do u think? im thinking of some numbers from all shook up...

re: My friend got cast in Dreamgirls movie! :)
 Oct 4 2005, 12:43:07 AM
oh wow fatima is great..she did alot of Aaliyah's choregraphy for, "Try Again", "ROck the Boat", " More than a Woman"...her moves are very smooth yet intricate...it should be a great collaboration....she also did the dance numbers in Lackawana Blues.....so thats kool kool
re: JENNIFER HOLLIDAY in DOLLY at Papermill?
 Sep 30 2005, 12:51:49 AM
I'm praying she is...wouldn't it be nice to do a revival with all black cast like with Pearl Bailey!??!! if soo im auditioning..i came close with Ragtime but didnt make the final cut but they only had like 4 blk male ensemble understudies...i wanna work with jen!
re: Getting on stage at Spelling Bee
 Sep 30 2005, 12:50:35 AM
this is how it goes down.....the writers write jokes before the show and the guy with the CLIPBOARD tries to find people that fits the jokes.....i know the 2nd night i saw the show a woman had on glittered sliver shoes and when she went up to spell they said,"ms. smith is a frequent shopper @ the Wicked Gift Shop next door!" LOL ....so it's basically all a matter of luck tend to pick, " non actors" the regular people if you will ...how do i know this?! i attend the school and i know the stage ma
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You