News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for YOU_aremyLucky_STAR

YOU_aremyLucky_STAR Profile Photo
Member Name: YOU_aremyLucky_STAR
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Survivor [Shows/actors/es]
 Jun 24 2006, 10:55:12 AM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels [XX]
The Light in the Piazza [XXX]
Jersey Boys [XX]
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee [XX]

re: aww, cute! (katie clarke & joanna gleason)
 Jan 28 2006, 10:05:39 AM
that's so wonderful!
re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
 Jan 28 2006, 10:02:35 AM
Really? When I saw this back in November, there wasn't a weak link in the cast! Maureen was great, and Kate Fisher was amazing- but the rest of the cast was so wonderful as well.

re: Spelling Bee Souvenir Program
 Jan 27 2006, 05:34:10 PM
that's so exciting! I was there two weeks ago, and was saddened that they didn't have one yet.

Another excuse to go see it again! (like I need an excuse! :)

re: Really Nice actors
 Jan 26 2006, 11:05:56 AM
Kelli O'Hara. She is the sweetest ever.
Deborah S. Craig.
Sarah Saltzberg

re: Spelling Bee love!
 Jan 14 2006, 10:28:33 PM
Oh my gosh, I was there last night too, and I it was so hilarious!! I loved all the funny audience participation parts- so great! I can't believe Mr. Bunch got "catterjunes" right! And I think the older lady was like 2 thundersticks and fire whiskey or something. Haha. Brilliance. I am so glad I finally got to see Spelling Bee and join this love thread! I too was a little bummed that Jesse and Celia never came out last night, but I'll just have to write them.
re: performing on a raked stage
 Dec 30 2005, 10:47:53 PM
at first- it is extremely odd. You always feel as if you are going to fall straight into the audience. It absolutely takes some getting used to. Mainly just a lot of practice on one helps you out, and you should feel comfortable with it, no problem. That's odd that some people get back problems from it, but I can totally see how.

Dancing on one must be a pain though, I can barely imagine.

re: Piazza's Ideal Cast
 Dec 29 2005, 10:57:31 AM
OBC, all the way. You're right- Kelli and Vicki were dynamic together. There will never be quite the same "bond" on stage without them.

re: Anyone but me think it weird to have Kelli O'Hara as Babe?
 Dec 28 2005, 07:34:21 PM
I think she will be brilliant. I have full confidence that she can pull this one off beautifully.

I am also excited to hear her "I'm not At All in Love." :)

re: Katie Clark
 Dec 28 2005, 07:31:34 PM
amazing. I wasn't sure what to think of her at first- but this truly made it clear that she has what it takes.

it's a testament to never give up.

re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
 Dec 26 2005, 01:51:03 PM
She would be fantastic.
re: Broadway Christmas (or Hannukah) Gifts
 Dec 25 2005, 09:00:43 PM
Tix to Spelling Bee.

The Grimmerie
The Playbill Broadway Yearbook

CDs:
Woman in White
Sweet Smell
Side Show

Vocal Selections:
L5Y
Piazza
Little Women

Broadway gifts are truly the best kind.

re: Ragtime
 Dec 25 2005, 08:54:45 PM
Ragtime is genious. The music is so powerful, and the plot rivals it. I've always loved this musical, ever since I saw my friend in it, on the tour. It was honestly brilliant. I actually was fortunate enough to do it with a community theatre group two years ago. It calls for a huge cast, huge set, and huge props- the car. But it really can work nicely with any theatre group- given you have the space, and talent.
re: Xmas Eve in the PIAZZA with David Burnham
 Dec 25 2005, 01:18:49 PM
what a great xmas eve gift!
re: Sarah Jessica Parker talked about her desire to return to the stage.
 Dec 24 2005, 09:47:26 AM
SJP is love.

She is amazing. Last night she was also on Larry King Live. They talked about her broadway career for a little, but it mostly focused on "Sex in the City" and her new movie, "The Family Stone." She discussed how she was Annie when she was little, and the thrill of the stage. It was pretty interesting!

And most of her siblings are into theatre as well, and one is touring with Wicked.

re: Bad Audience Behavior
 Dec 17 2005, 12:50:15 PM
BKLYN- School Group that was so unbelievably rude to the actors. Er. Laughing at the absolute WRONG moments, and screaming out things while Eden is belting out her brains. No respect what-so-ever. And, the guy next to me slept the entire show.

PIAZZA- crinkling bags. During Clara's interlude. Boo, people, Boo!

How Now no Victoria Clark?
 Dec 17 2005, 12:42:31 PM
I voted for Norbert, but I am still shocked that Victoria Clark was not a choice.

My vote would have gone to Victoria hands down. Her part is emotionally exhausting, and yet she comes into each performance with a fresh start. She has vocally demanding songs and nails them dead on. Which makes me wonder how Christina was nominated?

Oh, well. Here's to Norbert! His performance in DRS is unforgettable, and hilarious. I absolutely hope he takes the win.

re: Little Women Tour Review
 Sep 11 2005, 04:11:35 PM
Seeing It in New Haven! So excited!

Renee Brna and I have actually worked together in the past. She has such a great voice. It was interesting what you said about her performance.

re: Holidays DRS, Light???
 Aug 11 2005, 10:29:44 AM
I hate to do this, but yes, Victoria has a vacation scheduled for 8/15 thru 8/23. Patti Cohenour, is fabulous as Signora Naccarelli, and I am sure she will give a great performance as Margaret, although Victoria is hands down spectacular.
re: Gone backstage?
 Aug 10 2005, 12:18:28 PM
Brooklyn. Met Eden and Karen, and saw the ins and outs of the set. Amazing Experience!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You