pixeltracker

"Little Women" in Chicago, Maureen McGovern

"Little Women" in Chicago, Maureen McGovern

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#0"Little Women" in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 2:20am

Wasn't overly thrilled with the cast, or the show itself, but Maureen McGovern was amazing.

She looks like she is absolutely terrified of my camera, though.

Updated On: 1/28/06 at 02:20 AM

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#1re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 2:22am

Saw the same show a few days ago. She was the ONLY thing that made the night worthwhile at all. She was amazing.
Updated On: 1/28/06 at 02:22 AM

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#2re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 2:51am

She's extraordinary in this show. I absolutely love her two solos.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#3re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 5:53am

She is amazing...such a powerful voice!

I was very impressed by Kate Fisher...I loved her as Jo!

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

YOU_aremyLucky_STAR
#4re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 10:02am

Really? When I saw this back in November, there wasn't a weak link in the cast! Maureen was great, and Kate Fisher was amazing- but the rest of the cast was so wonderful as well.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#5re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 10:35am

Hey, how long did it take Maureen to come out?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#6re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/28/06 at 10:49am

eek, she looks like Lynn Redgrave in thea picture when she was younger

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#7re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 12:31am

I saw the 2pm show today! It was amazing! Kate Fisher does sound A LOT like Sutton; it was almost scary. While I was watching her, I couldn't help but visualize her as Millie.

Oh, and Stephen Patterson was SUPER nice at the stage door. He let me and this other family waiting with me come inside so we wouldn't have to wait in the rain. And Maureen was REALLY nice about meeting me and the other family. She quitely walked right past us inside, and by the time she walked out of the door we were all like, "OMG that was just Maureen!" So this mom made her young daughter run after her so she could have her sign her poster. After their meeting, I walked up and asked for a picture. She mumbled something that I didn't understand, so I figured she wanted to be on her way and decided to walk in the other direction. However, when I turned back a second later I saw her waiting for me under the EL track so we wouldn't get wet for the picture. *sigh* What an awesome lady!
Since we're sharing Maureen pictures...
re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#8re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 1:20am

It's not that the other actresses aren't good, it's just all those roles are just *yawn*

mauriposa
#9re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 1:47am

I have to agree that Kate Fisher was great. I saw the show last night, and she was my favorite part. She just captured Jo's energy (for lack of a better word) perfectly. However, Marmee's songs were my favorite, and I think that has to be because of Maureen.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 4:04am

I saw the show in San Diego, and had no complaints. The cast was terrific and the show both the book and score were much better then I was expecting them to be. I was most impressed with the sets though as I suppose I was not expecting them to be so beautiful and elaborate. It was an awesome experience. Maureen was fantastic and was/is very nice at the stage door.

mauriposa
#11re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 3:08pm

I was most impressed with the sets though as I suppose I was not expecting them to be so beautiful and elaborate.

Agreed. I really wanted to act something out on the bridge they used for Jo's stories, or, at least, take a ride on a moving couch. :o)

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#12re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 3:33pm

When I saw it on broadway it was ok, she was amazing, during Days Of Pleanty, I was in tears, sobbing!

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#13re: 'Little Women' in Chicago, Maureen McGovern
Posted: 1/29/06 at 5:07pm

I'm jealous! I actually enjoyed the show and would see it again (I'm curious to see how someone would compare to Sutton), but I'm in London right now...I'm seeing it in Milwaukee when I come back :) so hopefully it will still have Maureen!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Videos