Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#0Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/25/05 at 11:15pm

Am I the only who can see Vicki Clark making a fantastic Mrs .Lovett in Sweeney? In general, not just for the new revival.

She was a great Beggar Woman. I think she would nail the singing aspect, and I think she would bring her own original style for the acting.

I would love to see this someday.

And sort of random : though she may be a bit young now, I can see Ruthie Henshall making a GREAT Mrs. Lovett several years from now.

Any thoughts?
Updated On: 12/25/05 at 11:15 PM

insomniak
#1re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/25/05 at 11:26pm

I was just thinking about this tonight as i enjoyed the fantastic sweeney concert DVD. I'd love to see her replace Patti.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/25/05 at 11:28pm

She'd be a great Lovett.

Other sure to be great Lovett's in my book:

Betty Buckley
Carolee Carmello
Karen Ziemba

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#3re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/25/05 at 11:42pm

Vicki can do anything she wants.

She was an incredible Dolly at Pittsburgh CLO's production.

DramaDork925
#4re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/25/05 at 11:50pm

I could definetly see this!

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

#5re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 12:28am

i would go see the show if it were Vicki..yes..i can definately see it!

Scottie310
#6re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 11:22am

I think she would make a great Lovett. Does anyone else think Audra McDonald would make an incredible Lovett?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#7re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 11:27am

Victoria Clark would be a stunning Lovett. Audra doesn't have the comic chops for the role, in my opinion. I love her voice, but she's much better in serious roles.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

futurewinnerbud
#8re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 11:32am

audra would make a great beggar woman. How about an all-black Sweeney Todd with Brian Stokes Mitchell as Sweeney, Tonya Pitkins as Mrs. Lovett, and Audra as the beggar woman. I'd see that (though it wouldnt make sense historically...)

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#9re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 11:36am

Audra already played the Beggar Woman, in the concert version at Lincoln Center.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#10re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 11:40am

Vicki would be brilliant, but alas, to keep Sweeney open, they are going to need a big "name!"

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#11re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 12:59pm

Am I the only naive person who believes Victoria Clark would draw audiences to Sweeney if she replaced LuPone?
Anyways, Victoria Clark was such a great Beggar Woman, I'd love to see her play Mrs.Lovett. I didn't know she did Dolly, I can totally see her Putting her hand in.
The idea of Ruthie Henshall playing any amazing role is mind-blowing, so yay for her playing Mrs.Lovett...what about having her star in a London revival of Gypsy? She recorded Everything's Coming Up Roses....oh well.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#12re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 1:11pm

Redhotinnyc2: I don't think that Audra is good for the role either, She'd make a good begger woman---But I do think that she has comedic chops-did you see her perform "Down With Love" on the Leading Ladies of Broadway DVD? Absolutely Hysterical.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

Tirso de Molina
#13re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 1:28pm

I wonder what instruments Vickie Clark could play in the current SWEENEY production?! I mean, if it can turn out that Patti LuPone used to play tuba in an all-girl marching band, then ANYTHING is possible!

I would definitely love to see her in the role.

"Sweet summer evenings, hot wine and bread / Sharing your supper, sharing your bed / Simple joys have a simple voice: It says why not go ahead?"

YOU_aremyLucky_STAR
#14re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 1:51pm

She would be fantastic.

Joe Mike2
#15re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 8:28pm

I think she would be a great replacement for Patti. And I disagree that they need a "name" to keep the show open. The show itself is the star.

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#16re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 8:44pm

When's Victoria leaving Piazza?

insomniak
#17re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 9:40pm

Waitwaitwait- Is Sweeney in danger of closing?? It can't! Nooo! *clings*

Videos