News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Quinn Wilson

Member Name: Quinn Wilson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Any new DORIAN GRAY rumors?  May 5 2024, 09:16:48 AM

MasterThespian 2 said: "This West End production looks extremelyinteresting. There was a bit of buzz that it might be coming to Broadway. Anyone hearing rumors they care to share? Thanks."

I would say it’s extremely likely. Also, Cate Blanchett already bought the film rights as a producer which makes me very curious. 

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 13 2024, 01:25:47 PM

Woody Allen should be locked up, not stunt cast in a Broadway show 

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 01:24:16 AM

I’d love to see Jinkx Monsoon as Emcee and Madeline Brewer return as Sally 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 11 2024, 09:17:17 PM

dwhit7 said: "AJ88 said: I haven't logged into or been on BroadwayWorld in quite some time, but I did get a chance to attend the Invited Dress that happened this past Saturday so I figured I would hop on to share my thoughts.

First of all, I am definitely a huge fan ofCabaret.I saw the original cast of the '98 revivalon my very first trip to NY. It was the first musical at a very young age that made me realize that so much more could be done in terms of darker

New musical YES! to premiere in Nashville  Apr 10 2024, 08:01:39 PM

jlindsey865 said: "Nashville’s theatre scene is a bit of a joke, so this will fit right in."

I wonder if this could be Laura Osnes’ new Nashville gig 🤣

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread  Apr 8 2024, 05:42:46 PM

Hailee Kaleem Wright from Six has been announced as the new Satine alternate, taking over from Oyoyo Joi.

There is a rumor going around that Oyoyo Joi will be announced soon as Broadway’s next Juliet in & Juliet (still a rumor). Would love to see her either as lead Satine or as Juliet, she’s unbelievably talented. 

That aside, Hailee will be a fantastic Satine and I’m so excited for her continued success on BWAY. 

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.  Apr 8 2024, 08:05:57 AM

Robbie2 said: "Excited not really enough to see it again with him. I did hear though from friends .....just not good as Audrey."

A reminder Jinkx uses she/her pronouns both in drag and out of drag

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End  Apr 5 2024, 12:38:43 PM

MemorableUserName said: "Tom Holland’s Romeo Finds His Juliet In Brit Newcomer Francesca Amewudah-Rivers

"Also starring in the anticipated Jamie Lloyd-directed show will be Freema Agyeman (Nurse), Michael Balogun (Friar), Tomiwa Edun (Capulet), Mia Jerome (Montague), Daniel Quinn-Toye (Paris), Ray Sesay (Tybalt), Nima Taleghani (Benvolio), Joshua-Alexander Williams (Mercutio) and Callum Heinrich and Kody Mortimer (Camera Operators)."
"

Freema Agyeman as the Nurse is fantastic casting! She’ll be amazing 

Newly minted Oscar winner Randolph headed for a movie musical?  Mar 22 2024, 01:01:25 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/DaVine-Joy-Randolph-Circling-Pharrell-Williams-Movie-Musical-Starring-Kelvin-Harrison-Jr-20240322

Da’Vine Joy Randolph is in talks to join a new movie musical at Universal fromPharrell Williams. Kelvin Harrison Jr. is attached to star.

Deadline reportsthat Tick, Tick...BOOM! writerSteven Levensonand Martin Hayes are penning the script for the coming-of-age musical. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind directorMichel Gondry is set to helm the feature.

The movie musical is set in Virginia Beach in 1977. It will reportedly draw inspiration from Williams' childhood when he grew up in the city's Atlantic Apartments.
"

I know she wouldn’t be a conventional choice, but I would love to see her take in Diana in the rumored A24 adaptation of Next to Normal (this was rumored in Deuxmoi on Reddit) 

Hedwig Fan Casting  Mar 14 2024, 09:52:23 PM

BeingAlive44Ever said: "Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a show that is basically a one man show with a very involved band. Not to discredit the band, they're integral to the show, especially Yitzhak, who gets a handful of lines and, depending on the revision, gets to sing one of the most important songs. Hedwig, though, sings 12 entire songs that are essentially solos, and often very demanding solos with a very high tessitura and often dense phrases both musically and lyrically. Fac

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Mar 8 2024, 09:56:45 PM

theatretenor2 said: "Watch Across the Universe!"

I like her cover of Blackbird better than the Beatles. She’s so good, and has a stunning voice. 

Patti Lupone Takes Over TV  Mar 8 2024, 09:54:13 PM

Islander_fan said: "My co worker was in the mezzanine during a performance of War Paint, he left for the bathroom, came back and noticed that his door was slightly propped open. So he closed it. Few min later, a woman came back to go to her seat. Turns out, that she left for the bathroom while he was gone, doorstop fell down when she opened the door and the door was open till my friend returned. He closed it, thought nothing of it and went about his shift.

The next day, I

& JULIET Replacement Casting  Mar 5 2024, 10:28:15 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "this made me think of one of the two SIX alternates that left tonight without jobs lined up, but neither make a ton of sense... maybe one of the Satines..."

Going off of this, Satine standby Oyoyo Joi seems to be the perfect fit for Juliet. and back to Six, Kristina Leopold made quite an impression, and I could see her being cast as well. 

Musical or Play for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman  Feb 12 2024, 04:30:48 PM

I know it won’t happen, but imagine if they starred as Nathan (Jackman) and Sky (Ryan Reynolds) in the immersive Guys and Dolls coming to the states soon 

Billie Eilish wants to write a musical  Feb 5 2024, 11:54:30 PM

CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "It would sell tickets based on her fan base showing up, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be good. A bunch of bland, moody songs from people who most likely would think they could sweep in and become better than Rodgers and Hammerstein are not my idea of a good time. Her and her brother give me pretentious writer vibes."

She’s a great writer, and her and her brother create great sounds together. I don’t know who pissed

What could bring Fantasia back to Bwy?  Feb 5 2024, 11:51:52 PM

Let her do a stint as Persephone in Hadestown 

Fantasia was Robbed!  Feb 5 2024, 11:47:16 PM

seaweedjstubbs said: "Fantasia was indeed fantastic in the film. But if anyone robbed her of an Oscar nomination, it was the film itself. I don’t know whose decision it was to cut Celie and Shug’s fight that precedes “I’m Here” in the stage musical, but it was the worst decision they could’ve made for the movie. It robs “I’m Here” of all its power. The direction of the song didn’t do Fantasia any favors either. They just did

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 24 2024, 12:37:53 PM

I’d love to see Taylor Iman Jones

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 23 2024, 10:22:27 AM

Fingers crossed they cast a black actress finally 

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film  Dec 7 2023, 12:45:46 AM

This is probably the best move she could make career wise. She was brilliant in Hustlers, and it was about a dancer. This role is mostly dance, and I think it’ll be a high point for her acting career. 
 That being said…

Bill Condon doesn’t inspire much confidence. If Rob Marshall could recreate the magic of Chicago, I would have preferred him. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You