News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chrismas42

Chrismas42 Profile Photo
Member Name: Chrismas42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: GYPSY at City Center? Casting?
 May 6 2007, 11:07:09 AM
Back when auditions were happening there was a rumor going through the equity building that since the Choreographer was the same from the production that Patti was JUST in, He was going to pretty much take the cast from that. That's why the auditions were fairly empty.
The day that I went there were like 10 equity actors signed up and about 2 were men. It was a really sad showing. I only had to wait an hour or 2 to be seen and they ended up seeing all the non-eqs that signed up.
Personal

re: Mugged on my way to Coram Boy
 Apr 25 2007, 01:26:27 PM
Most theatres will let you exchange your ticket for another showtime if you just let them know what happened.
My friend got her wallet stolen from her purse on the subway as we were on our way to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and she actually missed the show doing the police report thing. Well she went the next day to the box office and they let her exchange her ticket when she told them what happened.

So, go give it a shot. THe worst they could say is no.

re: ACCENTS: are people trained anymore?
 Apr 13 2007, 10:47:57 PM
Exactly right Elphaba...
To break it down even more.. The british dialect has dialects of it's own including Standard British, Cockney, etc..

ANYWAY. I agree with the Orfeh thing. Unless specified in the script, the actor could choose to speak with a southern dialect if she wanted to. It doesn't really matter so much.
The thing that annoys me about dialects and accents are when shows have a dialect and only a few people choose to employ it or vice versa. For example, Pirate Quee

re: Picture of Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd
 Apr 6 2007, 09:43:14 PM
I think that may the be the point that most people have been trying to make..... Sweeney should not be hot. End of story.

I also don't think that people are saying he should be ripped or muscular... I think he should be stockier, broader shoulders and just overall bigger boned, possibly even chubby due to muscles eating themselves.

I think the makeup and the costumes are great though. There is a reason that the costumes are similar to Sleepy Hollow, being that it was the englis

re: Jersery Boys 2nd Touring Company
 Mar 27 2007, 03:36:26 AM
Ugh... SO pissed cause I was gonna audition for this but I never saw a call on Equity... Anyone know which agency casts for Jersey Boys?? I guess I'll just have to send my resume for a replacement...
re: Spring Awakening and the Cast who seems to have illness issues!
 Mar 5 2007, 02:21:53 PM
We have a performance director for our tour who is basically our director. He travels with us and performs the all the same jobs as our director in production did. As for producers I was purely thinking about a certain situation when we were doing an important week of performances and one of our "producers" was there and specifically asked for an understudy to go on for one of our leads because he had a cold.

Anyway.. I'm just saying that they have the authority to take someone out of

Mar 5 2007, 02:17:29 AM
no... we kept going and trying to get tickets but they would never have enough so... either one or 2 of us went per day.. and there are about 30 in the company... Luckily, by the end of our run, everyone had gotten to see it.
re: Piazza in Hershey
 Mar 5 2007, 02:15:04 AM
Really??? Wow... Good for her!!! I'm happy that everything is working out cause she has one of the most beautiful voices I've heard in a LONG time...

P.S.
How do you know her... if you don't mind me asking... You can PM me

Mar 5 2007, 01:45:13 AM
Lizzie.... I really hope you are being sarcastic...lol
As for her talent.... There is NO denying that she is unbelievable... I was just wondering if she had changed after some other onfortunate "fiascos"...

Mar 5 2007, 01:36:41 AM
Not to mention that the producers and directors can have a huge input on whether you go on or not.
On our tour, if you show up sick (something semi serious for ensemble or even like a bad cold for a singing lead) the director won't let you perform that night and usually requires a doctor's note to come back...

I guess that's what understudies are for... LOL
and... just for the record... when we were in New York for about 2 weeks, no one was out. THe only reason we know is cause

Mar 4 2007, 07:43:47 PM
Hey Dottie!!!
Do you happen to remember what the U/S's name was... cause if it's the girl I'm thinking of that's really funny. She went to my high school and is a DIVA!!!! LOL.. She prolly refused to do it...lol

re: Alexa Vega in Hairspray 02/16
 Feb 18 2007, 08:04:40 PM
Yes... I agree that Alex's vocals are not as great as Diana.. That's to be expected...
I was just blown away that she sounded as good as she did!!!! Which was definitly more than mediocre. As for making her blend in... I think that's a good thing. I don't really ever think Penny should be stealing the show from the star, which is sounds like Diana did.
Anyway, I've seen worse people on Broadway.
As for Shannon, the only other time I've seen Hairspray was the tour that went out a lit

re: Alexa Vega in Hairspray 02/16
 Feb 17 2007, 08:38:24 PM
UGH!!!
I knew Dying was spelled with a Y... but it didn't come up on spell check in word.... hmmm.
And Paul.. I was thinking John Voigt. He doesn't do Broadway. oops. Thank you Yankee.

Anyway,
Until the very last number Vega appears to have no rhythm but she pulls it out in "You Can't Stop the Beat". She's not a bad dancer, which works for Penny. The only little mishap was when she got a little off the music at the beginning of her solo in that number.
As for the other

Alexa Vega in Hairspray 02/16
 Feb 17 2007, 08:12:59 PM
Well... since everyone is DIEING to know how she does in the show I thought I'd post a little review...

I, note the I, thought she was SOOOOOO good. She may not be the best singer, though she DOES have some pipes, she MORE than makes up for it with her acting. While I never got to see Diana Degarmo live, only in clips, I like Alexa WAYYYYYY more as Penny specifically because she was soooo real AS Penny rather than "acting" like Penny.

As for her singing... She pretty much belte

re: I THINK I SAW... John Tartaglia
 Feb 15 2007, 10:45:03 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but it wasn't him... He was on vacation until Monday.. That's why he was out of the show....

at least.... that's what my head wardrobe says....

re: Drowsy Chaperone
 Feb 13 2007, 05:34:06 PM
Yeah.. She's out.... I just saw it this week..

Don't worry though!!!!! Andrea Chamberlain is in for her and she is AMAZING!!!! I REALLY liked her in the role. I think she also looks and sounds a LOT like Sutton so... it's kinda the same. She also runs out after the show. My friend and I were gonna get her to sign but she just ran by us....

The show isn't really about Sutton's character anyway.. You'll still get the full effect of the show with everyone else..
Have fun!!

re: BWW Photo Coverage: The Leading Men II
 Feb 8 2007, 01:56:09 PM
That's what I was gonna say....
I didn't get a program either... But it's alright..
Those guys were well worth it anyway.
I had to laugh during the show because one of my friends and I always sing "Waiting for Life" in the car cause, being guys, we could never do it onstage. It was hysterical to actually hear it done by a guy. I LOVED it.

re: BELLE in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST?
 Feb 2 2007, 01:45:50 PM
Guys.. maybe we shouldn't be so hard on WAHTEVERMAN....

I mean.... how come I haven't seen an asian man in 1776 or as John Wilkes Booth in Assassins.
He may have a point..... or not... lol HA!!!

re: Shows you just don't 'get'
 Feb 2 2007, 01:30:30 PM
On the list of shows I just don't get I would have to add:
1776... I think it's aboslutely boring and dull, this is really just based on the cast recording... maybe if the actor's are REALLY good it would impress me. Oh and "Mama Look Sharp"?? BLECH

and for the one I get beaten over...
Urinetown.. Never saw it but my college did it, even taking it to ACTF but... I just don't get why it's sooo popular. I just don't get the humor. I know that it's making fun of broadway musicals b

re: Audition songs for Urinetown
 Dec 5 2006, 11:40:56 PM
For my Urinetown audition I sang "I believe in You" from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying abd got called back for Cladwell. Didn't get it but it's a GREAT song!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You