News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for witchoftheeast2

Member Name: witchoftheeast2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Need help picking a last performance show
 Oct 7 2024, 10:49:56 AM

I'm debating the same. &Juliet is a 3pm performance, right? Latest it would get out is maybe around 6pm? The Notebook isn't until 7:30pm. If you wanted to and have the funds, you could potentially do both  

**Disregard. Just saw &Juliet is at 6:30. My apologies 

Water for Elephants’ to Close on Broadway, Dec 8th
 Oct 2 2024, 11:25:22 AM

TheatreMonkey said: "witchoftheeast2 said: "Kad said: "Always odd when shows close just before the very busy holiday weeks. Is there perhaps a new tenant lined up that wants the theatre asap?"

I saw on one of these boards that someone said Smash wants the Imperial?
"

Um, yeah -- a few posts before yours. But also long been rumored. (And with other shows, too.)
"

Duh- sorry thank you! 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
 Oct 2 2024, 10:53:02 AM

Student rush, it has now appeared on TDF, several cast members leaving, no announcement of replacements yet- 

Could Six be next to close up shop after W4E?

Water for Elephants’ to Close on Broadway, Dec 8th
 Oct 1 2024, 06:00:34 PM

Kad said: "Always odd when shows close just before the very busy holiday weeks. Is there perhaps a new tenant lined up that wants the theatre asap?"

I saw on one of these boards that someone said Smash wants the Imperial?

Oct 1 2024, 05:04:00 PM

Kad said: "I wouldn't be shocked if in the coming weeks BTTF announced a closing in early Jan. It had its best business by far during the holidays last year and if its grosses are this soft now, it stands to reason they'll be even worse in the winter doldrums of the new year. Cash out and close on a high."

Any predictions for Six or &Juliet?

Oct 1 2024, 04:22:27 PM

pablitonizer said: "witchoftheeast2 said: "Taking predictions as to what will shutter first:

Water for Elephants

Back to the Future

Six

&Juliet
"

My prediction:

Water for Elephants

Back to the future

Suffs

&Juliet

"

&Juliet is prime for stunt casting so maybe they'll try that, i

Oct 1 2024, 03:57:44 PM

Taking predictions as to what will shutter first:

Water for Elephants

Back to the Future

Six

&Juliet 

Dame Maggie Smith Has Passed Away at 89
 Sep 27 2024, 09:48:09 AM

How am I supposed to go on with my day after this sad

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/22/24
 Sep 25 2024, 01:36:07 PM

Kad said: "It's interesting that BTTF's grosses are rather abruptly tanking so badly. They decreased this time last year as well, but not nearly as steeply."

I was shocked when I saw the number. What a difference with the summer crowds gone 

Is Thomas Kail still working on Fiddler on the Roof?
 Sep 25 2024, 10:28:57 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "witchoftheeast2 said: "I think there are a lot of other film adaptations in the works that are taking precedence over this"

Taking precedence by whom, the Broadway Court that says when a musical can be adapted for the screen????

As with any film & show, if there hadn’t been an update in more than 12-18 months, just assume it ain’t happening.
"

I just meant there are other adapt

Is Thomas Kail still working on Fiddler on the Roof?
 Sep 25 2024, 09:50:14 AM

I think there are a lot of other film adaptations in the works that are taking precedence over this, which I'm honestly happy about. I can't think of anyone who could top the original films stars. Best to leave it alone. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You