News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SingOutLoud928

SingOutLoud928 Profile Photo
Member Name: SingOutLoud928
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Question for the broadway and off-broadway actors on this board
 Aug 8 2007, 07:24:44 PM
I just got cast in my first show, I am in the process of shadowing the actors. I think it is horribly annoying to any actor when you come out the stage door and someone says "Oh, who did you play." Especially for the lead of a show.
Song choice, help!!!
 Dec 6 2006, 09:36:41 PM
Hey!
So I go to a performing arts college, and I major in Musical Theatre. I've been singing my entire life but all through voice coaching and high school I've always been "the belter" which is nice and all but I have a strong upper register that I seem to never get to use because I'm always cast in a belting role. I'm having a lot of trouble picking a song to show both my strong lower and upper register. Any ideas?! Thanks!!

WEDDING SINGER CONSTANTINE QUESTION
 Sep 6 2006, 06:02:37 PM
does anyone know if student rush will be available for friday nights show even though its constantines first night.. please let me know!

Patti's Vacation..
 Jun 23 2006, 10:35:57 AM
How long is Patti on vacation till? I was going to bring my friend to see Sweeney tonight and I can't remember if she came back yet.
re: Anything Goes Opinion
 Jun 6 2006, 07:35:04 PM
I just recently played Reno. Reno is the lead, but the hardest role to play. The songs are vocally challenging, especially if you have a good choreographer that will make you belt out a song, and do tap at the same time. I loved playing the part, if you enjoy hard work, and you really love theatre you'll enjoy the part... plus Patti LuPone was Reno, whats better then that?! :)
re: 'The Wedding Singer' Reviews
 Apr 28 2006, 08:51:04 AM
New York Times Review:

http://movies2.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/theater/reviews/28wedd.html

Apr 28 2006, 08:46:51 AM
Newsday Review:

THEATER REVIEW
That '80s show is one big party

April 28, 2006

Nostalgia for the '80s can be a dubious lure for people who actually remember living through them. Similarly, a musical version of "The Wedding Singer" might seem to be an especially bankrupt idea for a Broadway that should be weary of ripped-off movies with pleasant dispositions.

That said, the show that opened last night at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre is a good-natured, har

Apr 27 2006, 10:07:48 PM
I really enjoyed it. Laura& Stephen are amazing together. The music makes you want to get up and dance. There are so many shows on Broadway right now that don't have deep meaning, and hardly make you think about a thing. I hope it runs for atleast a year, people who haven't seen it shouldn't base their ideas on reviews. Go see it!
re: The Woman in White should win the Tony for Best Musical!!!
 Apr 27 2006, 08:21:21 AM
WIW was a poorly done show, it had no passion for me as some peopl think it was filled with it. I've seen almost every show, and I always go in with an open mind wether I look forward to seeing it or not. I just personally don't think it is Tony worthy.

Thanks!

bww contest: win tix to opening night of the wedding singer! (enter here)
 Apr 26 2006, 08:14:31 AM
Gross Me Out the Door
(1)Excl. Very Disgusting.

Yuppie
(1)Noun. A person who is a white collar worker who has possessions of an expensive nature and flaunts them. ie. "You see that guy in the Saab, he's such a yuppie." Origins trace back to the beginning of the decade when the "Yuppie Handbook" was written identifying the breed. Yuppie came from the acronym YUP, which stood for Young Urban Proffesional.

To The Max
(1)Adj. Used in conjunction with any adjective that

re: Wedding Singer cuts 'Right On Time'?
 Apr 25 2006, 04:37:39 PM
I saw the show last night, 'Right On Time' has been replaced with 'Someday'.. Laura said it was cut for a more dramatic effect during that part of the show. I thought it was amazing and it needs to be back in.
re: The Woman in White should win the Tony for Best Musical!!!
 Apr 25 2006, 04:35:42 PM
Hahaha. It closed for a reason.
re: Really scary question
 Apr 21 2006, 01:54:49 PM
Maybe Tarzan, I'd cringe if it were anything else.. obviously it should be Sweeney, though some will disagree.
re: Wedding Singer changes (some spoliers)
 Apr 19 2006, 11:25:37 PM
Ah! Right on time was one of my favorite songs, I couldn't get it out of my head! Any news on the cast album?
re: Patti LuPone's new ramblings are up
 Apr 19 2006, 11:20:30 PM
Patti is always right about things, this is why I love her so much. I went backstage at Sweeney for the matinee today, and instead of napping she took time out to talk to me about random things, shes flawless!
re: Thoughts on the new Sweeney Recording.
 Jan 29 2006, 11:27:40 PM
This recording is absolutely stunning. Patti plays Lovett much better than Angela, even though Ang was the orginal. I have been in love with the phiharmonic version since it came out but Patti and Michael sound amazing on this recording.

Bravo!

re: Sweeney Stagedoor
 Jan 29 2006, 11:17:45 PM
Manoel is absolutely amazing at the stage door. Him and I spoke for a good 10 minutes, and he invited me to walk down the street to keep talking. He doesn't run off, he just casually walks away and he makes sure everyone is happy before he leaves. He is wonderous! Have fun at the show doll!
re: Sweeney Stagedoor
 Jan 29 2006, 11:17:38 PM
It does get really crowded but I'm sure you can get a picture. Also, everytime I have met Patti she has been unbelieveably nice, and we have spoken a lot through e-Mail and she really is such a sweetheart.

It is understandble for a Broadway star to not want to stand outside in the snow.

re: Tony Award Wins 2006
 Jan 29 2006, 11:11:16 PM
Sweeney Todd.
Patti, and Michael should definately be nominated and win also.

re: Footloose
 Jan 1 2006, 09:51:14 PM
gosh johnny bo bonny.
you are going to be the SEXIEST jeter, um ever.

the end.
<3

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You