News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CompanyGuy

CompanyGuy Profile Photo
Member Name: CompanyGuy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Suddenly Last Summer Tonight
 Oct 21 2006, 03:18:03 PM
Yes it did.
re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
 Jul 15 2006, 05:35:53 AM
The Emcee isn't antisemitic. His character is supposed to be on the outside and always performing. He does not take a side.

SPOILER
He actually (in the original) comes out at the end and puts on a star of david. So, no...

The movie is a different event IMO. It is filmed in a way that it ISN'T a musical, rather a movie with music.

It will be nice to have a movie that shows the ACTUAL broadway show, which IMO is better. Renee could do well with it, but being an id

re: Madeline Kahn idea for Broadway
 Jul 15 2006, 05:29:52 AM
Everytime I watch Clue I think I am watching Karen Walker AKA Megan Mullaly. Megan IMO would be great as Madeline. I think that they have similar comedic timing, and Megan has a hell of a voice. Thoughts?
re: forbidden broadway
 Mar 8 2006, 04:20:36 AM
Okay, I saw it 3 weeks ago, and this is what I remember.
They open the show just like on the SVU soundtrack.
Rita/Chita
It sucks to be me (with stephen, christina applegate, and freddy benson)
Light in the Piazza,
Brief spelling bee... HILARIOUS
Wicked
Brooke Shields in Glossy Fosse
Mamma Mia... with a special leading lady.
Phantom bit
Lion King Spoof
Gotta Get a Puppet.
And I am sure there are more, but it is late, so that is all I remember for no

re: How calm is the lee of Cuttyhunk? (A New Brain)
 Mar 7 2006, 12:42:56 PM
Huge A New Brain fan.

I love "The Music Still Plays On". Penny Fuller is genius at portraying this song, and that is on a cd. And yes, her name is Mimi, I saw you question maked it twice, so I will confirm, Mimi.

re: Merrily - movie?
 Mar 3 2006, 03:19:49 PM
I think it would do well in an indie situation. Do a great version, that isn't flashy and isn't garish. Let the music and book speak for itself and I think, even if it isn't a huge box office success, that it would be a great movie.
re: Joan Marcus?
 Feb 28 2006, 10:06:04 PM
I am not all familiar either. I have noticed looking through photos and whatnot, that Joan and Martha seem to have the most to present. Both are wonderful.
re: Joan Marcus?
 Feb 28 2006, 09:57:47 PM
Don't rule out Martha Swope.
re: Biggest Tony Upset for Acting Awards of all time?
 Feb 27 2006, 08:27:11 PM
Patti is great. And I will admit that I didn't see her Anything Goes, only the theme song on "Broadway's Lost Treasure" #5374. But I have seen Joanna's performance in Into the Woods. She is amazing in the role. The wife, much like Mother in Ragtime, has the biggest character arches in musical theatre. And she performed it so well imo. But in the true sense of the phrase, I suppose this is an upset, but my type of upset.

And... where was Bernadette in the Featured Catergory that year? I

Feb 27 2006, 02:43:14 AM
Thank you, Margo! I wouldn't call it an upset, I just think that Tonya was excellent and if you go back and watch the click, she acts the hell out of it.

Feb 27 2006, 01:01:02 AM
My friend saw Tonya in Caroline, or Change and he said that her songs, specifically Lots Wife, she sang with such emotion that it didn't matter that she wasn't ALWAYS on pitch. But her acting came through and he said she was amazing. NOW, I saw Idina and was wonderful, truly. But I think that Tonya acted the hell out of that song on the Tony's. It just didn't come across as "vocally" good because without seeing the show, you don't know all that has gone on. And to start off by going straight to
re: Megan Mullally
 Dec 28 2005, 02:49:48 PM
Well, I know that Mel Brooks is working on "Young Frankenstein"... I think Megan would be great is Madeleine Kahn's part. Thoughts?

re: Ragtime
 Dec 26 2005, 12:05:25 PM
That is also very true, singingwendy. Which just adds to the importance of that song being in the show.
"Back to Before" is very much a marriage-lost song. Mother has grown so much in thw show. First she was the perfect wife, she finds an negro baby, she takes Sarah and the baby in, she helps the courtship of the negroes, meets a Latvian, falls in love with Latvian, her husband dies, marries Tateh, and has a three different racial kids. I mean, get that done in three hours today! (that last

re: Why Isn't Billy Porter on the Songs for a New World recording?
 Dec 26 2005, 01:42:34 AM
His voice is beyond amazing.
From what a friend has told me is that he could not get to the SFANW recording. JRB... not too happy with the Porter. I mean, on Billy's CD, Billy states that "King of the World" was more or less written for him... so I would be a little angered myself. But who really knows. I saw Ty in We Will Rock You in LV. He has an amazing voice, but Billy's... nuff said.

re: Ragtime
 Dec 25 2005, 09:49:37 PM
What a Game! Love this number. Without it the second act would contain ballads and Atlantic City. One point of Ragtime is to show a change of time. Things are constantly changing, and Father can't do it. It seems that the last thing he can be sure of is baseball. And What a Game, which a funny number, is quite sad once you think on it.
Mother's character changes the most in this show. Her arc is long and arguous. "Back to Before" takes place on a beach, and this is where she finally lets g

re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
 Dec 23 2005, 01:00:58 AM
I agree with DG. I saw her belt it a couple months prior, so I was sad. She was sick, and she sounded it. But like any good actress she just did what she was there to do. So, as not so good as it was, I still respect her.

Same goes with Caroline, or Change. She was obviously sick. But DANG can she act. She acted the hell out of the piece. So even though her voice wasn't there I was so intrigued by her performance.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Spamalot. I thought that they could h

re: 'Once Upon a Mattress' Time
 Dec 19 2005, 02:52:24 AM
Okay, my thoughts:
"Once Upon a Mattress" is an over-the-top musical. It harkens back to fairy tales and make believe. This is Disney we are talking about. This was the kids' version of the musical.
With that said...
Tracy, not the best singer... but she has comedic timing up the ying-yang. Just look into her roots. She and Carol come from the same type of back ground. And the age issue. I don't think she and Dennis were too old. IMO, that is what makes it funny. He is kept from mar

re: Favorite Showstopper
 Dec 14 2005, 10:32:12 PM
I agree with all these choices. But two are missing in my mind.

"Epiphany" from Sweeney Todd.
and....

"Your Daddy's Son" from Ragtime.

re: How one of my Friends Got Idina's Autograph
 Dec 4 2005, 10:52:25 PM
I think a major thing that is left out is the human factor. Idina is human, she is going to have off-days and good days. I saw Wicked, and she was not the brightest of spirits. And I have friends who say opposite. Yes, there is a responsibity that comes with "broadway-celebrity" status, but not ALL the time does she have to sign an autograph. So, good for your friend, and the fact that she walked and talked for awhile is nice.
re: Drowsy Chaperone: A review
 Dec 3 2005, 01:39:48 PM
Her voice was awesome.
Something i didn't mention: The book is very smart. I would have to say the strongest part of the show. Out of all the new musicals I think this one will take it for its wittiness and cool concept.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You