News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LI Larry

LI Larry Profile Photo
Member Name: LI Larry
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Maureen McCormick as Rizzo in 'Grease'
 Jan 18 2009, 11:21:44 AM
I saw it. The only thing that stood out was that she was way too old but then so was everyone else who was cast in that production. She handled the role fine though. But then again, I was a big Brady Bunch fan growing up.
re: Wayne Brady live in Vegas---spoilers
 Dec 23 2008, 12:09:43 AM
I can tell you that Wayne does not have plants in the audience. I've seen his show and met him backstage. He really makes it up as he goes along. But I agree that he needs a Broadway show. Golden Boy would be perfect since he's a big fan of Sammy Davis Jr. He would have been great in Seussical as the Cat in the Hat but that will never happen.
re: It Is Going To Be Really Ugly
 Dec 5 2008, 11:35:00 PM
I can remember at some point in the mid 80's before Phantom or Les Miz came to Broadway that things were so bad at some point that there were only 11 shows on broadway because everything closed in june after the tony's. Broadway bounced back then and it will now.
re: What is truth vs. rumor about the 1973 death of Irene Ryan?
 Oct 30 2008, 06:10:11 PM
As far as there being a revival, when I was waiting at the stage door at Fosse for Ben Vereen, he finally came out and someone asked him if he would do a revival of Pippin. He said no but he would want to direct it. There was some talk a year or so ago about him directing a revival of it with Usher taking on the role of the Leading Player. I'm not sure what came out of it. I wish they would revive it. I saw the production at Bay Street Theater which completely redid the choreography taking out a
re: stage door before show,
 Oct 9 2008, 03:48:04 PM
I used to stage door with a friend before shows. Some actors such as Bernadette Peters don't mind. It all depends on when they get to the theater. Those that get there just at 7:30 won't sign because they have to sign in or they will be late. Ron Rifkin was very polite before Cabaret but said, "Catch Me AFter the Show". We went after the show and he was really nice saying, "See. I told you, you'd catch me after the show!". Mary Louise Wilson also wouldn't sign before the show but didn't come out
re: Paul Newman dead at 83
 Sep 27 2008, 02:06:05 PM
"Another has passed that was never given an AFI Lifetime achievement award. I guess they did not consider him deserving "

I have a feeling he never got an AFI Lifetime acheivement award because he wouldn't go to accept it. If you remember, he wasn't there to accept his honorary oscar. I believe he did something on film.

I too am so saddened at the loss of such a great actor. I remember going to "The Towering Inferno" (I know not one of his classic films but I LOVED this movie

re: The Rosie O'Donnell Show Finally Comes To DVD!
 Sep 16 2008, 10:36:06 PM
If you click further down the link, it says that the DVD is 90 minutes and will cost $19.95. The HSN DVD will have an exclusive scrapbook. It will of course be sold elsewhere I'm sure. I'm thrilled that Rosie is finally doing this. I hope she does it for all the seasons, especially the 1999 - 2000 one. I was profiled on that one as part of the Chub Club.
re: Andrea McArdle gig
 Aug 23 2008, 12:04:12 AM
I'm going tomorrow night.
re: Insane prices for The Seagull
 Aug 22 2008, 01:00:42 AM
I object to the extra charge for aisle seats. Not to mention that they will always sell them in pairs. (they are doing the same thing at Gypsy and Spring Awakening). I always ask for an aisle seat and if I have to sit a little farther back so be it. It's more comfortable and easier to get to the bathroom if you have to go. The idea of only selling them in pairs is ridiculous. Linda Winer of Newsday had a whole column on it saying how bad it was. I rarely agree with her but this time I did.
Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
 Aug 22 2008, 12:52:44 AM
I was in the city tonight and while I was walking past Xanadu, I noticed that Cheyenne Jackson and Kerry Butler were both out tonight. Does anyone know why? I know that as good as the understudies are, if I was a first time goer to the show, I would have been pretty disappointed.
re: Cast 'adjustment' in the middle of XANADU tonite!
 Aug 20 2008, 07:04:26 PM
The only time that happened to me was during Larry Kramer's,"The Destiny of ME" off broadway. John Cameron Mitchell started it and then after intermission, his understudy took over. Very jarring mainly because John Cameron Mitchell is openly gay and played it campy and his understudy was straight and uncomfortable. Also, I think Betsy Joslyn always understudies Bernadette Peters. I saw Into The Woods and she understudied her for that too.
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Aug 19 2008, 02:14:24 AM
The only other really awkward time was outside of Fosse, waiting for Ben Vereen. What they did was take whatever you wanted signed inside and he signed it in his dressing room. Then his assistant brought them out for the fans. A few of us stayed anyway and when he finally came out, I asked if I could take a photo and he very graciously agreed. Unfortunately, I accidentally snapped a photo getting my camera out which promptly flashed right in his face. He just said, "Watch that camera, Larry." Bu
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Aug 19 2008, 01:45:00 AM
A few years ago, I was getting autographs at the revival of The Best Man. I was doing pretty good when this woman wearing a baseball cap and a sweatshirt stopped, looked at me and moved on. I thought it was odd. I got everyone's autograph except Elizabeth Ashley's. I asked the stage door manager if she was coming out and he said, "She already did. She was the woman in the baseball cap!" I felt like such an idiot. (He later said that if he had tipped me off, he would have lost his job)
re: New Danny and Sandy?
 May 12 2008, 10:12:27 PM
As far as Sandy being a brunette originally, I saw it in 1976 and it was played by Candice Early (Donna from All My Children) and she was a blonde. Sometimes it was a blonde, sometimes a brunette. But usually a blonde. It DID NOT start being blonde with Olivia Newton John. Sandy was usually a blonde so there would be a contrast with Rizzo, (who always wore a black wig)In fact right after I saw the show (I was 11), I bought the piano music with all the photos of the original cast and was surpris
re: Stagedooring a show u're ushering?
 May 12 2008, 10:08:23 PM
Depends on whether you're volunteer ushering or a paid usher. I volunteer ushered at the Roundabout and always stage doored. In fact during Big river, I sent a note backstage to Michael McElroy and even though he had already gotten dressed and left the dressing rooms, he was waiting for me in the lobby.
re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
 May 11 2008, 07:35:28 PM
So many to choose from.

Norm Lewis definitely.
Wayne Brady
Brian Stokes Mitchell.
Cheyenne Jackson.
Michael McElroy

I'll keep adding more as I think of them.

re: 'In The Heights' - 2/17- 7PM- (Possible Spoilers) **
 Feb 18 2008, 10:21:28 PM
I agree with you about Andrea Burns. Olga was good but it's hard not to be good in that part. But Andrea's was a small part and you kept wishing they'd give her more to do. That's the sign of a breakout star in my opinion.
re: 'In The Heights' - 2/17- 7PM- (Possible Spoilers) **
 Feb 18 2008, 12:36:09 AM
I was there tonight as well and I agree. The show was great. And it deserved the standing ovation it got. I spent $54 and got great seats. Row Q Seat 1. I used to sit there when I saw Seussical. The seats are stadiumed up there and best of all, no one was in front of me. The performances were great. Definitely a cast that worked well together.

re: Anyone Know if any of the Young Frankenstein cast is going to be replac
 Jan 26 2008, 01:57:10 PM
I'm sure no one would leave before the nominations but with a "name" it's always possible. I remember the original "Into the Woods". Bernadette Peters was the biggest name. The role of the Witch was written for her. The show opened sometime in late November and she was gone by the middle of April. (to film the TV movie "David" She was rumored to return after the filming but never did). I remember because I had tickets the week after she left. People will always remember this role of hers the mos
re: Young Frankenstein grosses
 Jan 25 2008, 10:19:08 PM
Well the performance I went to (Jan 9 evening show) was not sold out. The back few rows of both sides were empty. I was surprised that with all the hype it wasn't selling out.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You