News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ILUVTOMG

ILUVTOMG Profile Photo
Member Name: ILUVTOMG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ryan Idol in THE RITZ????
 Aug 7 2007, 07:28:12 PM
He's 41 in the same universe where Marian Seldes is an ingenue. I worked with him 10 yrs ago and if he was 31 then he wasn't aging well at all. He is abusive to other actors especially if they get more laughs than him (WATCH OUT ROSIE!), and he has been involved in fistfights on and off stage (one ended up with him and Blue Blake landing in the audience). He punched out a director and was led out of the theatre in handcuffs. He also showed up at the theatre stoned one night which forced the
Ryan Idol in THE RITZ????
 Aug 7 2007, 06:33:54 AM
As someone who's hand firsthand (no,not that hand) experience with the Idol I hope Joe Mantello knows what he's doing. The man is a walking timebomb. Let's hope casting p*rn stars in bway shows doesn't start a trend. What next? Blue Blake as Colonel Pickering?
re: Can Maria (Sound of Music) be black?
 Apr 28 2007, 10:17:27 AM
this post reminded me of seeing the white girl play effie in CAMP. ok, she was probably the most powerful singer in the camp so, vocally, the best suited but, oy, did it seem wrong.
re: The Cynthia Nixon Musical Revival
 Apr 25 2007, 08:36:01 PM
DEAR WORLD? could be a SATC reunion... nixon, cattrall, davis and SJP
re: Lisa Rinna Singing on Dancing with the Stars Now
 Apr 18 2007, 12:11:54 AM
she had the right attitude - it's a start. but who were the male dancers (besides greg butler)? from the tour?
re: Debbie Allen as Sweet Charity
 Apr 17 2007, 07:31:58 AM
i liked the production but thought debbie allen was dreadful. bebe stole it. went back to see bebe as charity. not good. ann reinking could have been good but they stuck her in a blonde wig that made her look like hedda lettuce. how could i like a production of sweet charity with weak charity's? bob fosse. period. and michael rupert was great.
re: Lenora Nemetz CHICAGO both roles in the same day!
 Apr 13 2007, 10:34:16 PM
Nancy Hess also played roxie and velma in the same day.
re: Two Michael Bennett Questions (Seesaw and Ballroom)
 Apr 5 2007, 10:28:18 AM
BALLROOM soared when the dancers took over - otherwise it was just drab. Dorothy Loudon was battling some sort of bug for a good part of the run and sometimes cut her opening # A REAL NICE BAND AND A TERRIFIC CROWD. she didn't sing it the day i saw it and it kind of soured the experience for me. the musical ended with Bea being crowned queen and dancing off but the movie ended with her going home after her victory and dying in her sleep. when i was leaving the theatre i overheard an elderly
re: Fosse's Dancin'
 Apr 5 2007, 10:23:39 AM
i saw it several times mostly because of ann reinking who was at her peak...and her trumpet solo alone was worth the price of admission. i think the long run was mostly due to the fact that it appealed to non English speaking tourists - no talkin', just dancin'and easy to follow. interesting that FOSSE used alot of material from DANCIN' but i preferred dancin'. FOSSE just seemed cluttered.
re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
 Mar 26 2007, 09:35:32 AM
pretty old bunch of kids. is Rydell a high school or an assisted living facility?
re: We need a They're Playing Our Song Revival now!
 Mar 20 2007, 10:38:58 AM
it's one of my favorite shows... a revival? how about idina and taye? loved lucie and richard/robert but saw the clip of the simon tribute and it just didn't work. she can still carry it off but he looked like he was on the verge of cardiac arrest.
it's a little dated.. ok, it's very dated.. but i think it could still work today.

re: Did anyone see Bebe Neuwirth in ACL?
 Mar 19 2007, 10:04:03 AM
i saw her play cassie... both cassie and sheila were out that day (along with about 5 other cast members) and i guess they decided to put her on as cassie. this was pre-frasier/charity and i had no idea who she was yet i remembering watching her and thinking 'this girl would be much better as sheila' lol
re: Edward Scissorhands last night
 Mar 18 2007, 11:17:24 PM
i thought it was visually stunning and the music was glorious but that was about it. also, tdf seats were way up in rear mezz and the seats were uncomfortable for anyone over 4 ft tall who weighs more than 65 lbs.
re: Gina Gershon in Cabaret
 Mar 10 2007, 08:16:30 AM
i saw her twice.. she was amazing. the perfect sally. and, slightly OT, has anyone caught her guest shots on UGLY BETTY? she's a scream!
re: Doubt - Jennifer Hudson?
 Mar 6 2007, 04:16:04 PM
i hope jennifer holiday doesn't want the role. it could get ugly. again.
re: Miss USA Tara Conner - to be fired from 'Chicago'
 Feb 28 2007, 08:23:06 PM
i'd rather see joyce and suzanne in deuce once lansbury and seldes leave. hey, wait a minute... suzanne wouldn't be half bad as roxie.
re: Stephanie J. Block as Cassie in ACL
 Feb 25 2007, 03:04:48 PM
i'd rather see H&R Block play Cassie
re: Understudies you wish you saw!
 Feb 24 2007, 08:55:15 PM
i saw RAGS closing weekend hoping i'd see christine andreas as rebecca but no luck. on the plus side i did get to see teresa stratas who was wonderful and on the plus plus side i didn't have to see audrey lavine who was the second u/s and not one of my favorite performers.
re: Sweet Charity 2005 Revival: What Went Wrong?
 Feb 19 2007, 10:00:59 PM
it was missing bob fosse. period. the revival was more like 'SPLENDA CHARITY' ... a poor substitution for the real thing (and definitely not as sweet)
re: Miss USA Tara Conner to Join Cast of Chicago
 Feb 16 2007, 07:18:05 AM
and her velma will be...................... Janice Dickinson
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You