News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlmostFamous2

AlmostFamous2 Profile Photo
Member Name: AlmostFamous2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: High School Version of Rent
 Nov 11 2007, 02:02:01 AM
Hey everyone!

Tonight (Saturday) I went to see the show at Truman with my friend's ITS group (because my school is dumb and didn't go).

I had really big expectations, especially since I know what some high schools are capable of, and I really wasn't impressed. Yes, the set and the lighting were good, but the talent was kind of "bleh". The few people that stood out were Roger, Joanne, and Maureen (my favorite... she was the best singer and actress by far... her name was Ashley V

re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
 Nov 27 2006, 01:01:26 PM
I think this is hilarious.

My friend Jon will be happy because he is in love with Kristin Chenoweth and he likes Dolly Parton too.

re: Shows that need to be revived!
 Nov 24 2006, 11:06:05 PM
Bye Bye Birdie definately needs a revival.

What about 7 Brides for 7 Brothers... everyone forgets about it and I think it is timeless. It's a little old fashioned but I think a good revival would make it known again.

re: IDINA MENZEL
 Nov 22 2006, 03:50:54 PM
Seriously, I think Idina is amazing. This is not because I am a teenage girl, but it is because she can really belt it.

The fact that she was the first and the original actress to play the role of Elphaba gives her some credit, but the fact that she put so much passion into the role and made the role so believeable made up for her off days.

She played the role with so much conviction that it has inspired many people that being different is okay, and that is why she is so adore

re: MySpace
 Nov 21 2006, 10:33:18 PM
Ha ha ha... Tatiskank is pretty funny, but Kate Reinders should definately stick with her day job... or maybe the whole comedy music/female Tenacious D thing can work for her. Nah...
re: Broadway look-a-likes
 Nov 21 2006, 10:27:55 PM
I think Shoshana Bean looks similar to Jessica Sierra from American Idol... except Jessica is blonde, and they have way different chins.

I don't know. I can't tell who looks alike.

When I was in CA, I thought I saw Rod Stewart about 3 times, but they were just guys with similar hairdos... not that he has any connection to Broadway. Lol.

re: Next Disney Show
 Nov 21 2006, 08:55:40 PM
I say out of all of the animated movies with music already I'd have to choose either The Little Mermaid or Pocahontas.

I think both of them would adapt to stage very well.

On another note, wouldn't a musical version is Pirates of the Caribbean (the 1st movie) be pretty neat? I think it would be cool because the movie is good, and since it isn't music based, they can get an awesome composer to do some amazing songs. It would be more of an unexpected show because we wouldn't know

re: grease bak on broadway!?!?!?!
 Nov 13 2006, 10:31:03 PM
What gets me is that "You're the One That I Want" isn't even in the stage version... it was written for the movie.

Why would they want to get people's hopes up by naming the TV show that?

re: Who else will be in the Grease revival?
 Nov 8 2006, 07:24:58 PM
The whole reality TV show really upsets me.

I think that the other roles ar being normally cast (from what I've read).

re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
 Nov 8 2006, 06:59:08 PM
Young Frankenstein is by far one of the funniest movies of all time, and hopefully the musical will be a hit.

re: deciding on a show, i need help
 Nov 8 2006, 06:56:17 PM
I like Sweeney...

But then I really love Chicago...

I can't help you.

I am so indecisive.

re: *NEW* - Added to Showcial Networking - BroadwayWorld.com Recommends!
 Nov 8 2006, 05:54:50 PM
Wow... this is so neat-o!
Nonce or nonsense lyrics in Broadway musicals?
 Nov 6 2006, 10:01:56 PM
Congratulotions... Steven Swartz has written the most fake words throughout an entire musical!

I hate fake words... they make characters seem as dumb as Jessica Simpson (when she made up the word 'emotionable').

re: The cast of Tarzan will be on The View November 14th
 Nov 6 2006, 09:58:22 PM
I don't like The View anymore. When I had days off from school I used to watch it, and my mom went to see it live 3 times (she's pretty lucky when winning tickets... she also get tickets to see Ellen in Cali).

But it isn't the same with Rosie and not Meridith (I hated Star).

re: Female Duets
 Nov 6 2006, 11:31:32 AM
Marry the Man Today from Guys and Dolls is very funny.
re: What was the first show you were obsessed with and are you going to see
 Nov 5 2006, 09:36:14 PM
When I was little I was obsessed with Annie. I had the movie, and for my birthday on year my parents took my sister and I to see a production at a local dinner theater.

After that I think I had mini obsessions with the musicals that I was in (Oliver!, The Wizard of Oz, the King and I).

But like 3 years ago I started digging Rent. I saw it on Broadway. Then I heard about the movie and saw it when it came out. Then I saw it on the opening night of the US tour in January of this

re: The next Fiyero?
 Nov 5 2006, 11:42:07 AM
What's with the "ME!!!"?
 Nov 5 2006, 11:39:21 AM
I know! I think he should get the role full time. I loved him!
re: The next Elphaba?
 Nov 4 2006, 04:03:27 PM
I'd like to see someone new, especially anyone who can sing better than Ana.

I mean I just saw Ana and she was a good actress, and I was surprised by her voice, but her voice wasn't as strong as any Elphaba I've seen.

Nov 4 2006, 03:17:18 PM
On Wednesday I went to NYC to see Wicked, and Derrick wasn't there. His understudy Michael Seelback filled in for him.

He was quite good.

And shall I say quite good-looking. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You