News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Next Disney Show

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#0Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:34pm

After Mary Poppins what do you think the next disney musical to go on broadway will be?

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:35pm

Hopefully, nothing.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

COOOOLkid
#2re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:35pm

ugh! No more Disney shows!!!

But to answer the question, Little Mermaid

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#3re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:37pm

I think "Pocohontas".

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

RENThead414
#4re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:48pm

I'd love to see "Aladdin" (even though I'm pretty sure there's already some other shows out there) or "Hercules." Or even "The Huntchback of Notre Dame"

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#5re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:48pm

well seein as Disney Theatrical is now up 2 date, theyre now concentratin on Little Mermaid so hopefully it will come quicker. its due 4 2007 but 2008 4 another option. director is francessca zambello and 10 new songs r added by Alan Menken.

that's the info so far on Little Mermaid, oh also, the playwright book is written

arykahmarye
#6re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:55pm

I don't like the idea of Disney taking over Broadway, but to give them credit, i have loved all of their shows so far. This includes Tarzan, which i saw last week and was not looking forward to. I have to tell you, i was so taken back by how amazing it was. It makes a big difference when Phil Collins isn't the one singing.

Nonetheless, i love the idea of Mulan or Hercules going to Broadway, because i thought those movies had great potential.

Non-Disney, but in the same genre, why the hell hasn't Prince of Egypt been brought to Broadway? It's Stephen Schwarts for godssake!

"Umm...A1 is a steak sauce."

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#7re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 3:59pm

same aswell. lea salonga wud make a gr8 mulan and susan egan wud make a gr8 megara

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#8re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:04pm

Susan Egan IS Megara.

I know it's not the next one, but I'm praying Hercules makes it to Broadway. I love that cartoon with all my heart.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#9re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:06pm

Hunchback of Notre Dame, without a doubt.

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#10re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:07pm

i kno susan egan is megara, im just sayin she shud do the role again 4 the stage if it wud ever come out on broadway

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#11re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:10pm

I wish they would scrap Little Mermaid for Hercules. It has way better material and has alot of potential!

Also, I was thinking maybe Alice in Wonderland would be cool.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"
Updated On: 4/15/06 at 04:10 PM

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#12re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:10pm

I would think that by the time it got to Broadway she's be a bit old for the role. Cheyenne Jackson, however, would make a great Herc.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

livelife
#13re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:11pm

personally i dont think there are any other strong disney movies out there that could transfer to broadway well

tell me more, tell me more...how much dough did he spend?

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#14re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:12pm

i really hope it's "Hunchback" but not the cartoon movie version, the dark and sophisticated version that premiered and was put on CD in Germany (VERY VERY GOOD!)

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#15re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 4:29pm

I wouldnt mind seeing Aladdin... its my favourite Disney movie. But that is only if another Disney musical is necessary.

PalaceRent06 Profile Photo
PalaceRent06
#16re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 5:03pm

i really want mulan and hercules to be on!

RentBoy86
#17re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 5:12pm

Both Mulan and Hercules would be hard to do because of some of the characters. In Mulan they have the little dragon and in Hercules they have the Danny Devito character. I guess the Danny Devito character could be pulled off by a smaller actor in some sorta suit (a la Narnia).

beenthere Profile Photo
beenthere
#18re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 5:46pm

Bambi with Chenowith as Thumper!!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 6:58pm

"The Little Mermaid" is their next project. They've announced this in some article a while back

Addicted to Broadway
#20re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 7:46pm

I am not that big a fan of Disney on Broadway, but I think I would go and see Hercules, seeing as it is one of my favourite Disney movies.

Procrastinate NOW! Don't put it off! ~Hillary

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#21re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 9:58pm

I would love to see a production of Aladdin out there. That's my favorite disney movie of all time. I absolutely love it, but I'm sure it has a broadway junior version out.

But Disney movies turned musicals that I would like to see:
Aladdin
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Probably best potential to have substance).
Hercules
Mulan

Those 4 have always been my favorite Disney movies, but the stage has given them very little love.

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#22re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/15/06 at 10:02pm

I would love to see Hercules. I think it would work great on stage. I agree that Disney shouldn't take over Broadway, but i think they should continue to make good shows, as it attracts a younger crowd to theater.

Colle
#23re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:02am

I would like to see "Aladdin" come to the stage.

bwayondabrain
#24re: Next Disney Show
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:11am

same here! i saw an ALADDIN stage show in Disneyland, and that was amazing! it would work so well for the stage!

Videos