News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brooklynbecca

brooklynbecca Profile Photo
Member Name: brooklynbecca
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Celebration in Sacramento!
 Jan 18 2009, 02:34:23 PM
bump.

anybody see this last night?

Celebration in Sacramento!
 Jan 17 2009, 01:12:01 PM
Is anyone going to this?
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/125296.html

I'd love a review. I feel like this show hardly ever gets produced.

re: MOST stage time for an actor in a show?
 May 15 2008, 08:26:32 PM
Jane in Jane Eyre is on stage quite a bit.
re: CARNIVAL: What do you think
 May 8 2008, 11:44:27 AM
This is my favorite show. I saw the Encores! production each night it was performed, and while I thought it was lovely, and that all the leads did great jobs (particularly Douglas Sills as Marco), I was shocked that they took out a major part of the show. Paul is supposed to slap Lilli near the end of the show, and they just skipped it altogether. I am certainly not a fan of violence towards women, but I was expecting the slap, and I felt that the show lost a little of its power without it. It's
re: cry baby good or bad
 May 1 2008, 07:33:04 PM
I thought it had a lot of really funny moment and good lyrics in places. The choreography was amazing. I think the flaw of the show is that there just isn't enough plot to spread it out over the amount of time it takes. It drags and repeats itself a lot. I saw it last night, but wished that it was still in previews, because I feel like two more weeks and they could have it so much tighter.
Evil Dead the Musical ad campaign in Toronto
 Apr 29 2008, 04:41:20 PM
This run of Evil Dead in Toronto has the best posters. Ever. Discuss.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fynes/sets/72157604781008309/

re: Auditions for High School Musical On Tour
 Nov 8 2007, 09:09:11 AM
I went to the first EPA for this, and it was empty. They saw mostly non-equity that day, so it's smart of them to just go ahead and make it an open call.

Anyway, I sang "Holding Out For a Hero" then. The bridge. Every other girl there sang it, too. I think I heard one person sing "Alone" by Heart, but literally all of the other girls that were there while I was there sang "Holding Out For a Hero." Might want to have a trusty backup song in case it's the same way this time.

re: ECC: 10am for girls/2pm for guys???
 Oct 30 2007, 01:09:22 AM
I've gone to the ECC for SA multiple times, as an Equity member, but at the calls I've attended they have always seen the non-Equity people. There never seems to be any crowd at these AEA SA calls for some reason. Probably because they are looking for such specific types (uber young looking). I think you'll be seen if you show up about half an hour before your gender starts up.
re: Wild Party Synopsis
 Aug 21 2007, 08:35:26 PM
The best synopsis would be the source material itself. Most any Barnes and Noble should have a copy of Jospeh Moncure March's work. There's even an edition that's illustrated by Art Spiegelman. It's stunning.
Behind the scences glimpse
 Aug 21 2007, 06:42:07 PM
I was walking past the Hilton today, and they had the loading door open and you could see onto the stage. I snapped this with my phone, so it's not the greatest quality, but it was one of those great New York moments that makes me happy to be in the city. Enjoy!
re: what is
 Aug 16 2007, 03:55:45 PM
I'm kind of shocked you even know how to turn on a computer, or do you use the ones at the library, which are already on when you get there?
re: Broadway.com's First Look at YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
 Aug 15 2007, 04:35:53 PM
ha. I just posted this on another YF thread, but anyway, I'm super excited. I agree that he's not green enough, but everyone else looks HOT! Sutton makes a good blonde.
re: Get tickets now for Young Frankenstein
 Aug 15 2007, 04:30:32 PM
I don't want to start a separate thread as there are a million YF ones already, but I just saw the broadway.com photos
http://www.broadway.com/gen/General.aspx?ci=551633
AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

re: YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT Finalist in TALE OF TWO CITIES
 Aug 15 2007, 04:09:34 PM
I was just checking out the website today as well and laughed at all of the shout outs about the show too. This one was my favorite only because it's from the former CEO of Weight Watchers. WTF?

"A Tale of Two Cities is an amazing piece, with the potential to be a Top 10 Broadway show of all time. You are simply powerless in the wake of its emotionally charged story line and incredibly moving music. Truly a great story, well told. "

Sharon A. Fordham
Principal, The F

re: Broadway Duets
 Aug 15 2007, 03:13:47 PM
All the Wasted Time - Parade
re: Where can you buy a poster of Zac Efron?
 Aug 13 2007, 11:18:04 PM
Well, when I was 12 and needed a Jonathan Taylor Thomas fix, I could always get a pull out poster from Tiger Beat or Bop Magazine.
re: This Doesn't Sound Good
 Aug 13 2007, 04:21:25 PM
Rebelling teen moves to small town and gets so mad he just has to dance. One person tells him no and he gets even madder and dances anyway. He gets everyone equally mad and they all... just... have... to... DANCE!
re: If your life was a Broadway musical
 Aug 13 2007, 02:21:06 PM
Overture: "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" - 42nd Street OBCR

Waking up in the morning: "Overture" - Urinetown

First day at school: "Monkeys and Playbills" - [title of show]

Falling in love: "Here Comes the Sun" - The Beatles

Fight Song: "Another Hot Day" - 110 in the Shade revival

Breaking up: "I Am Ashamed That Women Are So Simple" - Kiss Me, Kate revival

Prom: "Oom-Pah-Pah" - Oliver! Motion Picture Soundtrack

Life's OK: "Holding Out fo

re: Catch Me If You Can: The Musical...A First Look!
 Aug 13 2007, 12:57:31 PM
How can one accrue the demo of this? Are there any clips available online apart from Marc Shaiman singing "50 Checks"?
re: Where Is The Love?
 Aug 13 2007, 12:29:45 PM
Love is where you find it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You