News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayfascination

Member Name: bwayfascination
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Blickenstaff, Grupper, Oscar, Potter & Swenson Join THE ADDAMS FAMILY
 Feb 4 2011, 08:59:24 PM
I thought the [title of show] gang was going to be doing their new show this Spring at the Vineyard. Did I miss it?
Song choices for first dance at Wedding
 Jan 21 2011, 08:55:58 AM
Check out "Don't Ever Stop Saying I Love You" from A Catered Affair. That song makes me cry. It captures a beautiful sentiment.

Congratulations!

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
 Jan 5 2011, 12:03:09 PM

Barry Weissler Announces Campaign to Return THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS to Broadway
 Dec 20 2010, 03:42:35 PM
If you bring the show back for a limited run in the Spring, garner some Tony nods and have a good showing for a limited run, won't that help the life of the piece in regional theater and such?

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to see this show and I really wanted to, so I signed up. I hope it works!

Was anyone just at the SCOTTSBORO BOYS?
 Dec 9 2010, 12:16:33 PM
This is such a shame. Like a lot of people, I was planning a trip to NYC from California just to catch this show and a couple of others. I would even have speeded up my trip to catch it before 1/2, but with such a short notice, I couldn't swing it. I would still swing it if it extended just a couple more weeks, but I am afraid these will be the performances that got away. I have the album, and I am really hopeful for regional productions, but it kills me that I couldn't see this cast.
'In the Wake' at the Public
 Oct 21 2010, 12:09:31 PM
I saw it at Berkeley Rep last spring, and I really really liked it. I agree that it could have been shorter and some of the tangents seemed kinda odd, but it was a play that I kept thinking about for a long time afterward, and I think about some of its messages even now.

It's a "play that makes you think" and I thought some of the performances were just great. All in all, I give this one a thumbs up.

Response from Sh-K-Boom's Kurt Deutsch re: Everyday Rapture Album
 Jul 12 2010, 01:27:02 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. That's really nice.

I actually bought the album and decided I needed to see the show. So I worked it into a trip from California, and not only did I love the show, but now I have a completely different appreciation for the album.

So it appears that I was the target market dude for this album.

Goodbye, EVERYDAY RAPTURE
 Jul 11 2010, 03:24:53 PM
Thanks to Sherie and crew for giving us a goofy, thoughtful show that makes us think big thoughts, appreciate little moments, and truly understand Mr. Rodgers as a gift to spirituality.
In the Heights tour cast on Lopez Tonight.. with clip!
 Jul 2 2010, 05:39:56 PM
I've seen the Broadway cast and the tour cast (in San Francisco). I thought it was great to see another crew, because they bring a little bit different perspective to the roles. Some things on the tour touched me in a way they hadn't before.

And I thought Rogelio Douglas was amazing as Benny. Different from Christopher Jackson, but I thought he was fantastic. His voice is absolutely gorgeous.

And Sabrina Sloan was totally fantastic. Amaaahzing.

I would very high

EVERYDAY RAPTURE Youtube Contest
 Jul 1 2010, 01:11:31 PM
tgn - you rocked! Good work!
Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
 Jun 28 2010, 01:42:52 PM
Thank you, Luv. I was just looking at the schedule, and it seems pretty tight already. But I'll be patient.
Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
 Jun 28 2010, 01:18:48 PM
I really loved this show. And I was looking at the tour schedule and it looks like it is NOT coming to San Francisco. How can that possibly even be? It is the center of Starshines. What's up with that?
My mom surprised me with tickets to NEXT FALL...
 Jun 24 2010, 02:02:31 PM
Good for you, quiz. And good for your mom.
stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
 Jun 8 2010, 05:11:10 PM
A more general point for me is that if someone upsets you, for whatever reason, how does it help to make a public posting that says mean things about them. Whatever terminology you use in saying the mean thing, what benefit do you get from saying the mean thing in the first place? How are you better for having done that? That's what I don't get. It makes the world a nastier place, and society in general doesn't need any help in being nasty.
ITH Tour
 May 28 2010, 11:31:26 AM
I saw the show on Broadway (more times than I like to admit), and for me it was fantastic to see the national tour cast. It doesn't feel like a carbon copy of what's on Broadway - the characterizations bring a different feel to a lot of it. I saw things in the show on tour that I didn't see before. The dynamics between characters and family is different, and it's like you see their "world" from a slightly different angle. I think that means it's a show that is well put-together. Anyway, it'
More Fun with Newsweek's Homophobicest Openly Gay Reporter
 May 9 2010, 02:57:05 PM
Magazines like Newsweek see their subscriptions drop like a bomb week after week because they aren't writing anything worth reading anymore. In response to the situation, they publish stupid articles written by stupid people in an effort to cause controversy to bump sales. And they thereby prove that the market was correct to stop buying the magazine in the first place.

Happy demise, Newsweek.

Klein Hired to Adapt IN THE HEIGHTS for Film; Filming to Start in August
 Apr 13 2010, 05:11:26 PM
And Robin de Jesus should be Sonny. Either him or Ricky Martin. They're both hot. :)
Klein Hired to Adapt IN THE HEIGHTS for Film; Filming to Start in August
 Apr 13 2010, 11:39:07 AM
How amazing and surreal it must be for Lin to be deciding which famous people should bring his story to the movies.

That's just awesome.

And why couldn't Karen Olivo be Vanessa? I think she could pull it off, even if she isn't a famous movie star yet.

re: Huffington Post on In the Heights non-Latino Casting
 Dec 24 2009, 08:18:56 PM
The Huffington Post thing is just silly. It starts with the premise that the show's promotion is based on the cast being Latino. That is not the basis of the show's promotion, and the author knows that. The author is trying to create controversy just to have something to say. Which is why I never read the Huffington Post and the rest of that junk.

re: Corbin Bleu heads for 'Heights' !?!
 Dec 9 2009, 02:08:52 PM
Not to be cheezy, but since Lin might be reading, I want to say thanks for creating this piece. I saw it 6 times and I look forward to seeing it more. It makes me cry every time and I bring everyone I can to see it, both to be totally entertained and to learn a little something about what's north of 96th street.

(PS - I live in San Francisco and have a whole bunch of people I need to bring with me to see it here - make it come here!)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You