News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theaterbiz

Member Name: theaterbiz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Pirate Queen Snubbed
 May 16 2007, 07:39:02 AM
okay - lets get real - snubbed? The show stinks. The producers were living in world of faint hope clause thinking Tony would save them. Shows like this come and go - it is the circle of Broadway life. This queen needs to go back to palm beach and retire.
have you heard bout a revivalof Mame?
 Apr 8 2007, 10:59:08 PM

A real player
 Apr 8 2007, 10:57:51 PM
well - we will watch the barage of pirate tv queen tv spots now as the producers steal more of the investor's money on this sinking ship.
re: Major flaw of 'The Pirate Queen'
 Apr 8 2007, 10:00:50 AM
the major flaw - is that this farkuckta musical even opened! I heard that even the crew and stagehands were placing bets on the bad reviews.
re: PIRATE QUEEN on THE VIEW 4/17
 Apr 7 2007, 05:28:11 PM
i hope they bring back star jones as the pirate queen
strike the set
 Apr 7 2007, 05:25:28 PM
what a beautiful note from the retired theatre professional. Oy vay - 24 critics united in their view that this show stinks. There wil always be people who will love it. Hey, I loved THE LIFE, but for the people who shelled out hard earned bucks for this show - there should have been a disclaimer ie,

WARNING: No stand out performances. NO original music. Multiple moments where nothing happens. You may experience rage for paying full price. No refunds. Don't operate heavy machinery afte

re: HOW LONG CAN A PIRATE LIVE UNDERWATER
 Apr 6 2007, 05:22:22 PM
tarzan has family appeal - pirate has nothing
wall street journal blurb
 Apr 6 2007, 04:45:14 PM
'The Pirate Queen,' on the other hand, is a gift that keeps on giving: It starts out dumb, then gets dumber, and at no time does anything other than preposterous ever take place on stage or in the orchestra pit. If it were somewhat shorter, it might actually be worth seeing, but at 2½ hours, I can't recommend it in good faith to anyone who isn't (A) a full-fledged hit-me-again masochist and/or (B) deaf."

Apr 6 2007, 03:24:25 PM
oprah? if the audience has to listen to this turkey, she will have to give them two cars each.
 Apr 6 2007, 02:55:48 PM
wow - that chip on your shoulder is huge. This wonderful site is about opinions and discussion. I am so sorry I failed to dazzle you with clever words. Perhaps we can meet under the poster for pirate queen at joe allen and recite from a book of clever and original quotes. How about next friday?
 Apr 6 2007, 02:37:48 PM
every show should be debated and discussed - that is the nature of our business. Are you a cranky cast member?
HOW LONG CAN A PIRATE LIVE UNDERWATER
 Apr 6 2007, 02:33:20 PM
With stink of old fish mounting at the hilton, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall as the producers met this morning to count the advance and plan the stategy. You can't spin pricelss quotes from these reviews. Sadly, the public knows a loser and no big tv budget will save this boat. Perhaps they should add a ghost, a few beatles tunes, mario cantone and take this ship to vegas. I know bad reviews are hard to stomach for a string creative team - but folks this show is not good. My
re: Pirate Queen Poll
 Mar 25 2007, 07:03:39 PM
S - for STINKS!
re: pirate queen sinks
 Mar 23 2007, 10:43:45 PM
just saw it and saw it in chicago - agreed - what is happening on broadway - this is a really sad cash crab at the carribean pirate craze BUT IT IS TERRIBLE - stay away!!!!
pirate queen sinks
 Mar 23 2007, 10:41:59 PM
this clunker is dull - at least titanic sinks - the producers will lose everything on this bad, lez miz meets waterworld. what a rip off - not one memorable song - plodding, boring crap! Who greenlit this one? Thank god for the idiots that want producer credits in exchange for investments - have a good opening night party waiting for the reviews - oy DOA.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You