News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Celticblockhead

Celticblockhead Profile Photo
Member Name: Celticblockhead
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

N2n closing?
 Sep 9 2010, 08:48:45 PM
How stupid is this whole thing? Bring in a brand new cast that presumably are under 6 month contracts and close the show before their contracts are up thereby having to buy them out? Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
re: How has _______'s Lotto/Rush been?
 Sep 2 2009, 09:00:44 PM
Does anyone know how 9 to 5's lotto has been lately? I want to attempt it Saturday and was curious. Thanks!
re: Caucasian to Asian makeup tips?
 Jul 28 2009, 07:57:18 PM
I just finished a production of The Mikado where not one of the cast members were asian. Dark eyeliner on the top lid only and fanciful or wigs are your best bet without making it a royal pain. I have pictures. If interested, PM me and I'll send you links.
re: 9 TO 5 on the Today Show (Video)
 May 21 2009, 08:32:32 PM
Thanks for the link! I have a final when this was on, so its nice to finally get to see it.
re: Watching the Drama Desk Awards
 May 17 2009, 10:31:51 PM
alliez, was that really called for? Good for Allison!
re: Watching the Drama Desk Awards
 May 17 2009, 08:34:57 PM
http://www.theatermania.com/feature/drama-desk-awards-2009/

Scroll down. Right above where it says 2009 Drama Desk Award Coverage is a link to the live feed.

re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
 May 13 2009, 01:57:37 PM
Lotto began last night, apparently.
 May 12 2009, 01:40:08 PM
You have to be kidding me. My friends and I have been planning on going to rush next Tuesday for like a month now. *sigh*
 May 12 2009, 01:25:43 AM
Out of curiosity, those that have rushed, is the price a solid $36.50 or do they add a facility fee? Thanks!
re: Cudia to Succeed McGillin on July 27
 May 8 2009, 01:28:30 AM
caitlinette, why don't you ask him yourself? http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/John-Cudia/12169693470?ref=ts
He'll be more than willing to answer any of your questions.

re: Broadway softball league
 Mar 23 2009, 12:55:21 AM
This link will tell you everything you need to know once the season gets started.

http://www.broadwayshowleague.com/

re: Phantom Box Seats
 Feb 19 2009, 12:03:57 AM
They're not worth it at the majestic. The only reason to sit there is to be seen. You miss a bunch of the action. Front of the Mezz is a much better vantage point IMO.
re: Would You Tattoo A Broadway Show Logo for $$?
 Feb 18 2009, 07:02:40 PM
A friend of mine has a line of one of the songs from [tos] tattooed on her foot. If this were temporary I'd put it on my forehead or shoulder of something, but I wont shave my head. Even for a show I hated, if the price were right, sure. I gots students loans to pay.
re: What do the Tier _ tour productions mean?
 Feb 7 2009, 12:44:13 AM
The tier system refers to the theatre that the show is in and that tier is determined by the amount of seats in the theatre. The only reason tiers are assigned is to make sure that if the cast/crew are playing to a larger house they are getting more money. At least that is what I think it stands for. I was taught about tiers a while ago and my memory is rusty.
re: Stephanie J. Block - Stage Door Question?
 Jan 4 2008, 11:45:24 PM
For the most part recently with the cold and more two show days over the holiday, she's not been coming out after matinee shows of Wicked. Can't blame the girl for resting her voice and her body after such a vocally demanding show. It's getting really cold in NYC so don't be too discouraged if she rushes or asks for everyone to have cameras ready and such. I saw her Saturday after the evening show and while she was adorable as always and seemed as though she wanted to stay to chat a bit longer s
re: What is your currently your favorite cast recording?
 Dec 20 2007, 03:19:03 PM
So old school:

Les Mis

re: My Passion Review at the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre
 Dec 12 2007, 02:59:07 PM
"...she has gotten some of the best roles in musical theatre!"

Damn right she has. I loved her as Clara and as Grania. Can't wait to see her next show.

My thoughts on this particular production would get trounced, so I'll keep them to myself. I'm more biased then some having known people in the show, so yes. I liked it and I can honestly say I like a Sondhiem for the first time in my life.

re: leaving the theater with make-up on
 Oct 30 2007, 03:37:22 PM
The green does not get "on everything". There's a reason they use setting powder, it's so it doesn't rub off. Is Fiyero green-faced after they maul each other during ALAYM? Nope! Mac make-up sets up amazingly. I wish we used more of it in my class.

Popular - Aw! I <3 Steph for actually leaving the theatre green ... only Steph!

re: leaving the theater with make-up on
 Oct 30 2007, 12:57:33 PM
Somewhere (I believe on her fan pictures page on her website) is a random picture of Stephanie J. Block still in green. It may have been between shows or something, I don't know for sure, but I have seen it. And I've seen may performers leave the show still wearing their stage make up. It can be removed at home the same way it can at the theatre and depending on the show, it make look natural. Believe me, I know how bad it is for the skin. My skin is so sensitive. I'm dreading my advanced make-u
re: Musicals with many female lead roles and a strong ensemble
 Oct 22 2007, 08:31:14 AM
If High Schools pull off Pippin and Evita, why not Nine? It does have a lot of female roles. Here are ones I think would work:

Fiddler
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The King and I
42nd Street
Bye Bye Birdie
Sound of Music
Crazy For You
Les Mis

Some of these would require strength in drama. My high school severely lacked in that category, so our productions of 42nd Street, Annie and The King and I were dreadful. Good luck!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You