Ugly Betty "Wicked" spoilers

alastor Profile Photo
alastor
#1Ugly Betty "Wicked" spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 6:38pm

Here are some spoiler pics for an upcoming episode of Ugly Betty-looks like Betty and Henry go on stage for Wicked! Or it's a dream-? But who are the two performers playing Glinda and Elphaba?

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2007/10/ugly-betty-episode-206-something-wicked.html

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#2re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 6:42pm

It's totally Eden and the LA cast...which makes sense cuase Betty's filmed in LA.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#2re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 6:42pm

That was the LA production...Megan Hilty and Eden Espinosa.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

henrybutler
#3re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 6:59pm

does anyone else think eden's makeup looks especially pale and not right? maybe its just the cameras.

people on broadwayworld.com can be rude and scary

Juliash Profile Photo
Juliash
#4re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 7:11pm

No....not unless you're used to seeing it up close or something....

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#5re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 7:13pm

HOW FUN!

Thanks for sharing the info and link!

I do love me some Ugly Betty!

:)

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

alastor Profile Photo
alastor
#6re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 7:45pm

i think it's funny how they're in LA when they're supposed to watching it on Broadway in NY. Oh well it still looks like fun! But I wonder how the heck they get on stage?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#7re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 7:50pm

Looks exciting! I love Betty. Such good product placement for WICKED, even though it doesn't need it.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

gypsy4
#8re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 8:07pm

it's probly a day dream.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#9re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 8:22pm

Silvio Horta already said that the Pantages will be doubling as the Gershwin for this episode.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#10re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 8:33pm

I agree - Wicked totally does not need the publicity. But isn't this a continuation of a storyline from last season, when Henry gets Betty tickets for Wicked and she doesn't go because of the love triangle with his girlfriend? Feel free to correct me on the details, but if it is a daydream, it might be a kind of 'what might have been' reverie of that night?

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#11re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 8:44pm

What the heck is ABC's obsession with Wicked? The family in "Brothers and Sisters" saw it twice in the first season alone, and it's been featured or referenced in "Ugly Betty" a couple of times. I understand it's the popular musical that everyone in the country knows of, but even that seems like excessive exposure granted how new the shows are.

And isn't Wicked partly produced by NBC-Universal??

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#12re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 8:51pm

As well as UB & B&S, it's also been on CSI, Arrested Development, House and Passions. And yes, it is produced by Universal.

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

#13re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 8:52pm

NBC Universal owns all subsidiary rights to Wicked including the eventual movie.

DefyingGravity411
#14re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 10:46pm

One of my favorite TV shows featuring my favorite Broadway show, can't get much better than that!

henryt
#15re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 10:58pm

You'd think that they would have tickets to the Lion King or Mary Poppins. Or a Little Mermaid Preview! ABC is owned by Disney after all. They could have even filmed while The Little Mermaid was in Denver!

Updated On: 10/14/07 at 10:58 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#16re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 11:06pm

When does this episode air?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

mauriposa
#17re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 11:06pm

After seeing those pictures, I really want to take a ride in Glinda's bubble.

ChecksintheMayo
#18re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers
Posted: 10/14/07 at 11:13pm

They could have even filmed while The Little Mermaid was in Seattle!

Except that The Little Mermaid wasn't in Seattle.