Hairspray DVD - On Sale Now!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#1Hairspray DVD - On Sale Now!
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:12pm

Hairspray Hits DVD this Tuesday, November 20.

Hairspray DVD - On Sale Now!

Entertainment Weekly has uploaded the entire deleted number, “I Can Wait," which will be included on the DVD.

If you CAN'T wait, check it out here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/exclusives?lineupId=1155151521&videoId=1304953031

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 11/20/07 at 01:12 PM

timote316
#2re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:18pm

Cute song.... but a good cut.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:19pm

I placed my order yesterday. I can't wait!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

mauriposa
DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#4re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:31pm

I am starting to get mad at those who have signture lines longer than the message they post...confused me...

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE DVD!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#5re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:38pm

Sorry Doc.

Timote- I agree.

It was a wise cut, but a great standalone number.

The pickle jar is dirrty.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 11/16/07 at 01:38 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#6re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:42pm

When does the special edition CD come out with the track by Christine Ebersole?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#7re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:48pm

also Tuesday, November 20.

:)

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#8re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 1:50pm

Thanks Mateo-I'll have to buy both. :)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#9re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 2:58pm

Really Really cute number.
Totally buying the 2-disc DVD and soundtrack!
or going on my Christmas list!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#10re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 3:11pm

Clumsy, I couldn't wait until Christmas which is why I ordered it myself!!

I agree, good song, good cut.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

mauriposa
#11re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 3:26pm

Sweet song, glad they cut it.

ClumsyDude15
#12re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 3:30pm

"Clumsy, I couldn't wait until Christmas which is why I ordered it myself!!"

I have a feeling on Black Friday, I may be fighting some woman for a copy of the two-disc DVD.

re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20  ('I Can Wait' inside)

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#13re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 3:37pm

I'm getting them both on Tuesday- I can't wait!

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#14re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 3:44pm

What a great song! Why wasn't it on the cd?

....but the world goes 'round

ClumsyDude15
#15re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 3:48pm

It's going to be on the two-disc edition of the CD out on Tuesday, the 20th. =)

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#16re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 5:08pm

I'm gonna have a Hairspray release party Tues!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#17re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/16/07 at 5:27pm

it really does seem like a number that would drag the story and it a smart cut

but wow! it's still a damn good song, and nikki surprised me once again with her amazing vocal work.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#18re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/17/07 at 4:24am

Not only is there the 2-Disc "Shake and Shimmy" Edition

and The Locker Giftset with extra goodies...

BUT NOW - Walmart is offering an exclusive DVD for the SINGLE edition Hairspray DVD. (widescreen & fullscreen)

The bonus material is exclusive to Wal-Mart, and NOT included on any other Hairspray DVD!:

It includes:

“Transforming Travolta To Turnblad”

“The Search For Tracy Turnblad” - Join the casting agents behind “Hairspray” as they cross the country looking for the next Tracy Turnblad!

“It’s ‘Hairspray!’ ShoWest Performance” - See some of your favorite musical numbers from ‘Hairspray’ performed live at ShoWest, one of the movie industry’s biggest events!

“Playing Tracy” - Ricki Lake, Marissa Jaret Winokur and Nikki Blonsky discuss their experiences playing Tracy as they come together to record “Mama I’m A Big Girl Now.”

So add that to my list of Tuesday Hairspray purchases and I'll be in the red.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 11/17/07 at 04:24 AM

#19re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/17/07 at 11:54am

Anyone know what the best price is on the 2-disc set?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#20re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/17/07 at 12:07pm

Whoo-hoo!

Just got back from BestBuy and what did I find on the Blu-ray shelf? Why...the HAIRSPRAY Shake & Shimmy 2-disc DVD Edition! I was simply there only to purchase the new Collector's Edition of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND and while browsing the other titles, there they sat. I was surprised as it wasn't on the New Release section and the standard DVD versions weren't on the shelf yet (since release date is this Tuesday 11/20). Guess a store clerk missed the memo so this was a nice surprise for my weekend. Haven't opened it yet but will watch the entire 2 disc set later tonight.

Whoo-hoo!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#21re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/17/07 at 12:08pm

Walmart and Amazon have it priced at $22. Thats the best price I've seen.

Keep your eye out for weekly circulars - they may list it at a lower price.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#22re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/17/07 at 12:10pm

I don't think reatailers honor release dates anymore.

Enjoy Brody! It's good.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#23re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/17/07 at 1:40pm

It's a harmless song, but I'm glad it was cut. Liked the melody, but later on there were far too many modulations in a short space of time- just seemed a bit too cliched... Did like the nod to Good Morning Baltimore at the end (although I prefer it at the end of YCSTB, as in the final cut).

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#24re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)
Posted: 11/18/07 at 3:09pm

Did you like the Bluray presentation, Brody?

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"