News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ncgator

Member Name: ncgator
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
 Jun 23 2018, 11:18:27 PM

Hi everyone!  Any thoughts on if the railing for Dress Circle, Row A, Seats 14-16, is an issue?  It looks like as you move toward the far sides, it does start to block the view based on photos online, but hoping these seats aren’t too far over.  Would appreciate any thoughts anyone has if they’ve sat there.  Just saw the show this past weekend from Orchestra, Row H, Seats 2-4, and it was awesome!

CAROUSEL (2018) Reviews
 Apr 13 2018, 01:07:41 PM

FYI...looks like it's back as a Critic's Pick on the NYT website, both at the top of the review and if you go to the Critic's Pick list.

It has certainly been interesting seeing all the varied reviews of this production.  I have never seen a production of Carousel before, nor am I overly familiar with story, so I've decided to give it a shot during my May trip to NYC.  It was helpful reading everyone's comments on the board.

Memorial Day Weekend
 Mar 22 2018, 10:44:52 PM

I’m also heading into town that weekend for my annual (ok sometimes twice annual) marathon theater weekends.  I’ve bought tickets so far for Mean Girls (Thu eve), Boys In the Band (Fri eve), Angels in America (Sat mat and eve), and Three Tall Women (Sun mat).  I had been planning on Carousel for Sun eve as it’s one of the few classic shows I’ve never seen, but word of mouth on here so far has me holding off.  From what I can tell, Spongebob and Once On T

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
 Dec 18 2017, 12:03:01 PM

Hope a seating question is OK here.  For the dates I am looking at, there is nothing closer than Orch Row J.  Would that be better, or Row A of the Mezz?  Have read mixed things about Mezz at the Booth.

Dear Evan Hansen seating options
 Dec 12 2017, 05:48:24 PM

Hey, just a heads-up - a bunch of very good non-premium orchestra seats available for this Saturday matinee.  I just picked up two on the center aisle.

2017 on Broadway
 Dec 30 2016, 10:38:17 PM

I also have a May trip booked with tickets purchase for The Great Comet, War Paint, Hello Dolly, and Sweeney Todd so far.  That leaves me one spot left, so I'm playing the wait and see game as there are too many options!

Evan Hansen Seating Question
 Dec 29 2016, 09:25:14 PM

I recently purchased tickets via Stubhub for January.  I just received the tickets and they are marked "Mobility Impaired".  Do you think I should contact Stubhub about this?  A) I don't wan't to take an accessible seat from someone who may need one, and B) I don't want to get to the theater and be denied the seats.

Music Box Theatre Seat ?
 Dec 27 2016, 08:30:52 PM

Hi everyone!  Wanted to get your opinion on if you think Orch H 9-11 are too far to the side for DEH?  These are the best seats I can get for my preferred date.  I can get Orch L 2-4 on an alternate date, but that would be the day I fly into Newark landing at 4PM and I always get a little nervous booking a show for the day I arrive (I've been burned before by delayed flights).

Visiting Jan 9-10 the Present or Waitress, Monday shows
 Dec 24 2016, 07:02:46 AM

Hey blueshadows, I'll be there at about the same time (6th - 9th).  I have tix to Sweet Charity and Falsettos and have three slots to fill.  I was just asssuming DEH would fill one of them, but all the shows that weekend are completely sold out - I knew it was popular, but didn't realize it was that popular!  I'm thinking "The Present" will take a slot for me over "Waitress" since the latter will tour (although I'm sure Jessie is great).
<

Great Comet Seating Thread
 Dec 9 2016, 07:53:13 AM

Thanks again for all the great info.  Luscious, I'm going with your advice and just booked BC 21/23 for May.  I do see in a photo of the stage how those seats seem to stick out past the ones in front, and are a bit elevated, so it does look like they will provide a great view!

Mr Kelly - I was able to book on stage seats for May.  Make sure to click the toggle button at the right for stage seating and it should bring them up on Telecharge.

Great Comet Seating Thread
 Dec 6 2016, 05:49:30 PM

I am looking to get tickets for May and this thread has been very helpful in narrowing down the options.  I think it’s between: 1 - front row front mezz, 2 - front row on center aisle of upstage banquettes, or 3 - upholstered armchairs on either side of Pierre’s Study.  Front row mezz is appealing as it sounds like that may give the best overall view, but there is something very unique about sitting on stage that I likely won’t get at our touring theater.  All three options are within $30 of each other, so price isn’t a factor.

WAR PAINT on Broadway
 Nov 8 2016, 03:25:47 PM

FYI...looks like the AMEX presale has started via Ticketmaster.  I am taking my mom to NYC for Mother's Day weekend and this is the show she most wants to see, so going to go for full price seats.

FALSETTOS Previews
 Oct 15 2016, 12:56:30 AM

I have wanted to see a production of Falsettos ever since discovering the cast albums years ago and I enjoyed the show tonight.  Tally Sessions was on for Mendel and I thought he did a great job, wouldn't know he wasn't the regular in the role.  Courtney Balan was on for Trina and was good.  Personally I enjoyed the second act much more, although that may be because I listen to the Falsettoland album much more frequently than March.  Andrew Rannells was the standou

FALSETTOS Previews
 Oct 14 2016, 07:39:50 PM

Looks like understudies tonight for Trina and Mendel.  Can't say I'm not a little disappointed as I planned this NYC trip just to catch this show, but hopefully they'll be great!

And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
 Jul 5 2016, 04:54:19 PM

Was there on Sunday as well and notice the disparity between the entrance applause.  It felt a little awkward when the understudies came out to near silence after huge applause for original cast members.  The only original who didn't get the applause (that I noticed) was Renee as she kind of comes on stage in the middle of the number without a good place for applause.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jul 5 2016, 04:50:13 PM

I was at the Sunday show and Leslie, Daveed, and Phillipa were all out.  Can't say I was thrilled when I saw the Playbill insert, but everyone turned out to be great (I had the opportunity to see the show in September with the full cast so I wasn't as disappointed as others in the audience).  I thought Sydney was especially good and could definitely see him as a full time Burr.  Seth Stewart as Lafayette/Jefferson took the longest to adjust to as, to me, it was the most

The Crucible Window Card
 Jul 3 2016, 01:08:38 PM

They had them yesterday.

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jul 3 2016, 10:42:24 AM

Having tix for today, sorry to hear Daveed will be out, but Iooking forward to seeing whoever goes on.  Philly and DC are not that far from NYC, so really hoping Leslie and Chris wait until after the show today to head out.  But whatever happens, hapoens - sure it will still be great!

Shuffle Along, She Loves Me, or Waitress?
 Jun 15 2016, 11:41:21 PM

I'm also going the weekend before July 4th and have a similar schedule: She Loves Me (Sat 2pm), Shuffle Along (Sat 8pm), and Hamilton (Sun 3pm).  One option we are considering for Sunday evening if you're up for something a little different is 54 Below is doing a Tribute to Prince.  I've been there once before and loved the atmosphere and the cast (just posted on their website) looks pretty good.

For Shuffle, I did not get an email from Telecharge, so won

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets
 Jun 13 2016, 11:20:59 PM

Friends of mine bought tickets to Hamilton via Broadway.com last September when Ticketmaster was sold out of venue seats and they had no problems at all.  In fact, if you look at the Hamilton website, it actually lists Broadway.com as an official source for tickets:

"There are many ticket resellers and secondary markets for tickets. For the best seats and to eliminate the risk of fraud, get tickets in advance through the Box Office, TicketmasterTicketmaster Plus or Broadway.com."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You