News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dazeto12

Member Name: Dazeto12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim Birthday Concert on PBS tonight!
 Nov 25 2010, 02:09:36 AM
Was anyone else confused by the Sweeney performance? Since when is George Hearn the first Sweeney Todd? What? Does Great Performances continuity overrule actual theater continuity? And is it just me, or was Patti singing Mrs. Lovett with a Japanese accent towards the end of the performance?
Weird things you've said to Broadway stars
 Jul 27 2010, 10:37:47 PM
As Jonathan Groff was signing my souvenir poster at the stagedoor for Spring Awakening, he remarked about how nice it looked or was printed or something to that effect. Not really thinking I awkwardly decided to respond with, "Yeah, right? But what I really wanted was a shirt that says, 'I Got Skeeted On At Spring Awakening!'" He smiled uncomfortably before saying "Nice" and then moved on.
Rock of Ages' Adam Dannheisser on Damages??
 Apr 6 2010, 06:33:53 PM
Last night's Damages was insane. But, uh, have you missed the several episodes featuring Len Cariou (Sweeney Todd) as Joe Tobin?
re: Wicked to open in Denmark
 Dec 22 2009, 12:32:25 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with Danish, what this basically says is that whereas all other productions of Wicked have been clones of the Broadway staging, this is the first that will be completely new and original, as approved by Stephen Schwartz. It's set to open next season, that's a little exciting!
Missed Ragtime :(
 Nov 26 2009, 08:11:30 PM
Did anyone miss Allison Case like woah?
re: Julie Reiber coming back to Wicked for a short time
 Nov 5 2009, 11:25:33 PM
"I'm clearly not a huge Wicked fan, although I do know Julie, but who are Rita and Lucy?"

...Really?

re: Bernadette Peters answers Ask a Star Question
 Oct 28 2009, 06:22:58 PM
Gahh I was the one who asked the Mrs. Lovett question!
re: Hair Cast Members' Ages...
 Aug 17 2009, 06:04:16 PM
What a talented family :)

re: Hair Cast Members' Ages...
 Aug 17 2009, 05:16:03 PM
I saw that, I didn't know Duncan is her brother either! I have an inkling that it's made up, though, seeing as Duncan's, like, fourty or so making him fifteen years older than her. If she is actually 24/25.
Hair Cast Members' Ages...
 Aug 17 2009, 04:44:19 PM
Does anyone know the ages of some of the members of the Hair cast? Namely Allison Case and Kacie Sheik? I'm trying to win a bet with a friend.
re: 9 to 5 (Gaelen Gilliland) question
 Aug 4 2009, 12:15:42 AM
As far as I know, Marc and Stephanie are the only two who have been out... Janney and Hilty are running pretty solid track records.
re: 9 to 5 (Gaelen Gilliland) question
 Aug 3 2009, 07:23:41 PM
Poor Gaelen. She's understudied every role from Madame Morrible to Doralee Rhodes. Will she ever get to originate her own role? She's definitely good enough.
The Sexy Thread
 Aug 3 2009, 07:21:31 PM

The Sexy Thread
 Aug 2 2009, 07:45:04 PM
(Insert picture of Kate Reinders here.)
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jul 1 2009, 02:56:08 AM
Okay. True Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin story.

So, after An Evening with Patti and Mandy in West Palm Beach, I stagedoored with a friend who had to leave before Patti finally came out, but left me her playbill in case either of them were to come out.

So I was sitting there for ,like, twenty minutes, just trying to be patient, tapping my foot, waiting. But then, out of nowhere, I see a crowd coming. And in the middle I can make out Patti's glasses. So I just got completely st

re: Laura Bell Bundy and Legally Blonde. 6/24/09 Nashville
 Jun 25 2009, 01:59:41 AM
Borle's using an alias to evade the stagedoor crowds now? Unforgiveable.
Why Was There Never a Sweeney Todd Reunion?
 Jun 9 2009, 12:31:17 AM
Does anyone know? There seems to have been at least a ten-year for most all of Sondheim's other shows, but never one for Sweeney?
re: Wicked- 5.21.09
 May 22 2009, 11:48:44 PM
Yeah-- and don't forget, the role of Glinda in Wicked was written for Kristin. They never had anyone else in mind.

And you can't base your opinion on the OBC on the cast recording alone. There was really an electricity about them that just radiated from the stage each of the two times I saw them. Idina had a way of bringing down the house that I haven't seen in an Elphaba since (not even Kerry, sorry D:), no one else has compared.

Nicole's voice is good, she can hit all of the notes, but it really just lacks power. Not saying she's bad, her voice just doesn't really fill the theater like it should.

And Alli was never my favorite, sorry

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Apr 11 2009, 07:52:18 PM
Who told these children that they were ready for stage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJVy3ZiRin4&feature=related

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Apr 11 2009, 07:49:17 PM
Some more of my favorite combination: children and Sondheim.

Into the Woods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqqfem8tQE

Look for the (female?) narrator nearly forgetting her lyrics in the first couple of lines of Ever After.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You