News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Belle-arina

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Member Name: Belle-arina
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Has anyone done the MTI version of Into the Woods?
 Jan 2 2006, 06:17:22 PM
Hey;

I just finished a production of Into the Woods last May. There weren't any real differences in the production. Our Little World is in the script, but there's also an "alternate" scene that you can do if you skip the song (we didn't skip it, which made me happy since I was Rapunzal! :)). As far as bows, I agree that's it's usually just up to the director, but as the witch is, by far, the largest part, she usually bows last--right after the baker and his wife. And I think costume

Costume rental question?
 Jul 1 2005, 10:23:36 PM
Hey Guys;

I was wondering if someone on here could help me: I'm involved in a production of Guys and Dolls in the North Jersey area (about 15 minutes outside of the city). We are looking into renting a few of the costumes (most likely just the Take Back your Mink ones as they have to be so specific). The only problem is, all of the proceeds from this production go to charity, so our budget is not very big. Does anyone know of any costume places in the NY metro area (or anywhere els

re: Godspell Audition
 Jan 13 2005, 10:38:45 AM
The problem with Godspell, is that so much is up to the director's interpretation. When I did is, I was Gilmer because he wanted someone "cute and innocent"--I would NEVER ever be cast in a tomboy role But anyway, although I was Gilmer and sang learn your lesson's well, he switched up all of the lines and parables. Like someone said before, besides Jesus and John the Baptist/Judas, everything else is kind of interchangable. Most parts can be either men or women. With your vocal range, though,
re: Broadway performers/Faerie Tale Theatre
 Jan 6 2005, 11:26:37 AM
They're on DVD?????? SO Excited!
re: A Broadway Phantom better than Hugh Panaro? Come on, is that possible?
 Jan 5 2005, 10:06:05 AM
Ciaran Sheehan is, by far, the best phantom. He actually only played Raoul on Broadway--which also rocked--and The Phantom in Toronto. Jeff Keller was also a good Phantom--which was pleasantly surprising, as he is usually one of teh managers (he played The Phantom during the interim between Mark Jacoby and Davis Gaines). Ciaran has a new CD out where he sings Music of the Night--it's absolutely amazing! (www.ciaransheehan.org)
re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
 Dec 23 2004, 10:02:40 AM
I will be playing Rapunzel in my college's production of Into the Woods. But we haven't even started yet.
re: Phantom: Good Reviews
 Dec 22 2004, 10:23:47 AM
Guys, I'm SO sorry, I just scrolled down and saw an entire thread devoted to Phantom Reviews! I didn't even check--I was thinking about posting this all morning, so I just went right into it.

and JohnPapa--I would hope it wouldn't have an effect on the stage show--however, look what the success of Chicago did for the Broadway production. If it works positively, it can work negatively too.

Phantom: Good Reviews
 Dec 22 2004, 10:11:09 AM
Morning everyone!

Okay, so many of you know that I'm a Phantom purist, and I don't hold out much hope that the movie will be able to do the show justice (although I am seeing it tonight, so we'll see). But it occurred to me the other day, that if the movie is REALLY bad, than it could hurt the stage show. Well, that thought freaked me out incredibly (especially since I haven't played Christine yet, and it's been my goal since I was 10--my goal USED to be to play Christine in the movie

re: Don't you hate....
 Dec 13 2004, 01:02:17 PM
Thanks for all of your help during my audition freak out, guys. The cast list just came out and I did get cast. Not in the part I wanted (Cinderella) but I did get Rapunzel, which is a good part too, so I'm happy.

Thanks again!

Dec 8 2004, 10:19:01 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your posts--you made me feel so much better. I did get the call back and I was happy with my performance, so I'll be okay even if I don't get cast.....but I really hope I get cast

We'll see, I actually graduated from college last year, but our shows are open to alumni and community--but there's a chance he'll try to cast as many current students as he can--we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

re: Worst show YOU HAVE BEEN IN?
 Dec 8 2004, 10:13:08 AM
jacobtsf: "Everyone gets in trouble."

REALLY? Those liars! They promised me I wouldn't be implicated! Good thing we didn't get caught then--the real writers would have had complete heart attacks upon viewing what their show had become!

By the way, I love your picture--what version of Cinderella did you do?

re: Into the Woods question...
 Dec 8 2004, 10:04:06 AM
I'm posting this on the same thread, since it's about Into the Woods. Do you know if the rights are available for the revival. I just auditioned for a production, and I think it might be for the revival My boyfriend was reading for the Prince and the Narrator--and he was asked to sing a song called Running Away, which is sung by the Mysterious Old Man. Anyway, I saw the revival, but I don't remember that song--but I know it wasn't in the original. I was just wondering if anyone knew off hand.
re: Menzel Targeted With Death Threats
 Dec 8 2004, 10:00:01 AM
I'm just wondering, since I'm fairly new to the boards (not, that new, but fairly). Are you guys joking around when you write stuff like that to each other? It just seems kind of unnecessarily mean if you're serious. I mean, if people want to post over and over again, I don't see what harm it does. I mean, can't you just ignore the post? Anyway, I don't want to offend anybody, and if it is just good natured fun--then I'm all for it! Well, feel free to jump down my throat too for this one :
 Dec 7 2004, 01:30:03 PM
ooh that must suck. I had a similar thing happen once--only it was a little worse, if possible. I wasn't even going to audition for this play, because I wanted to do the musical on campus (and they don't usually cast you in both), but the director came up and told me that he had NO ONE to play the part and could I please audition. So, I did. Then the musical people didn't cast me because I told him that the play director didn't have anoyone for his show. Then I find out halfway through Chr
Don't you hate....
 Dec 7 2004, 11:06:03 AM
The day after auditions? I hate them. I had an audition last night and now I'm waiting to hear if I got a call back. I have never not gotten called back for any of the shows on campus, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sitting hear with this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach waiting to read the list and NOT see my name! Plus--don't you hate it when you know you just gave an "okay" audition. I mean, I didn't mess up, and I hit all my notes, but it was just "okay." I'd almost r
re: Worst show YOU HAVE BEEN IN?
 Dec 7 2004, 10:57:03 AM
jacobtsf : You're going to love this one:

A few years ago I played Cinderella in "A Tale of Cinderella" which was a not-so-well-known version set in Italy. It's actually a pretty good show. The music is catchy and they do some interesting things with the story line.

BUT....our director had to back out right after casting, so they had to find a new one ASAP. This new "director" (yes, the quotation marks are required), decided that she new better than the writer and composer

re: Little Shop / Seymour Audition
 Nov 30 2004, 10:15:04 AM
How about "I wanna be a Producer" from The Producers?
re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
 Nov 29 2004, 12:28:10 PM
No problem--let me know how the audition goes--Good Luck!
re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
 Nov 29 2004, 10:52:21 AM
I FOUND IT! I had the title wrong--it's actually called "Jealousy--the stepsister speaks out"

here's the link: good luck!

http://www.newfaces.com/talent/resources/9.html

re: phantom question...
 Nov 29 2004, 10:09:39 AM
They may have changed it because it's closer to the book. I believe that the reason it falls in the first place is to create a diversion so that he can take Christine. I assume Andrew Lloyd Webber changed so that he could have a dramatic Act I finale.

I'm okay with the change, except that, I guess they must have changed the words in Masquerade ("to a prosperous year, to the new chandelier" and "remember there are worse things than a shattered chandelier") and i like those lines
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You