silvercloud9
#0Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:43pm

Does Little Red "have" to be pudgy?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#1re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:43pm

Absolutely not. The girl who played her in the revival (her name escapes me) was not pudgy at all.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

broadwayguy2
#2re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:46pm

yeah, she was skinny

silvercloud9 Profile Photo
silvercloud9
#3re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:47pm

well that's a good thing then...should she be played as cute or a smart-alecky prick? Updated On: 12/7/04 at 01:47 PM

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#4re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 2:31pm

I played her and I am not pudgy...well, at least I don't think I am pudgy.

I played her as a combination: A Cute and smart-alacky, but no prick---she isnt mean or anything. She's just a little girl with a wild imagination, and like every other character in the play, gets herself into trouble.

timote316
#5re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 2:34pm

The characterization LittleFish gave is the way I envision Little Red re: Into the Woods question...

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#6re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/7/04 at 2:42pm

Well, this is because I rule.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#7re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 2:52am

Well the original Little Red compared to the revival Little Red is like day and night. But, I think she can be played pudgy or thin. I don't know why, but I prefer the original Little Red. I think it's because she was a little older and, even though she was playing such a young character, her age gave the character better comedic timing and more strength. I just love the show.

Little Red is a combination of a lot of personalities. She is inquisitive, gullible, a little bratty (like most little girls), loving, and cute as a button. She is a combination of all of these, and whatever you think should be thrown in depending on how you think she should be played. That's the magic of it all, you get to be Little Red, so you get to pick how Little Red will be...with a little help from your director, of course. LOL

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#8re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 3:03am

Molly Ephraim was the girl that played little red in the revival, and she made me want to jump off the balcony. She was HORRENDOUS.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#9re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 6:56am

Kate Reinders was in when I saw the revival and I thought she was FANTASTIC!

KC

Jesus saves. I spend.

broadwayguy2
#10re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 7:21am

I saw Kate as well and LOVED her.

#11re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 7:21am

Yes, the revival girl was LOUSY. But then, the entire REVIVAL was lousy, if you ask me. Aside from the new set (interesting) and making Milky White uh 'real' (funny, but I missed the bits with the fake cow too), it just sucked. The Cinderella was good and so was the Baker's Wife but everyone else--HORRENDOUS!

broadwayguy2
#12re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 7:24am

the only thing I missed about the fake cow was the baker picking it up by the handle.

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Belle-arina
#13re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 10:04am

I'm posting this on the same thread, since it's about Into the Woods. Do you know if the rights are available for the revival. I just auditioned for a production, and I think it might be for the revival My boyfriend was reading for the Prince and the Narrator--and he was asked to sing a song called Running Away, which is sung by the Mysterious Old Man. Anyway, I saw the revival, but I don't remember that song--but I know it wasn't in the original. I was just wondering if anyone knew off hand.

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#14re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 11:23am

That song is in the original, but actually occurs in the middle of No More when the Mysterious Old Man appears during the Baker's soliloquy. It's just not a separate track.

I think Little Red works best when played as a spoiled smart-alecky brat. It gives her much more room to change in the second act when she is humbled by the loss of her mother.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 12/8/04 at 11:23 AM

Mercutio121687 Profile Photo
Mercutio121687
#15re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 11:27am

I'm having trouble understanding why people didn't like the revival? I thought it was fantastic, and Molly Ephraim was wonderful!

"It's our time, breathe it in, worlds to change and worlds to win. Our turn, coming through. Me and you, pal, me and you!" -Merrily We Roll Along

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#16re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 11:31am

Oh Merc...
Did you see the OBC video or onstage??? The revival is simply a disgrace...few good moments but overall a real disappointment!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Mercutio121687 Profile Photo
Mercutio121687
#17re: Into the Woods question...
Posted: 12/8/04 at 11:38am

See I saw the revival before I saw the OBC video and of course the OBC is better but I thought the revival had some excellent parts to it. John McMartin and Stephen DeRosa were fantastic, as well as Gregg Edelman!

"It's our time, breathe it in, worlds to change and worlds to win. Our turn, coming through. Me and you, pal, me and you!" -Merrily We Roll Along

Videos