pixeltracker

Auditioning for childrens theatre...

Auditioning for childrens theatre...

xanado_girl Profile Photo
xanado_girl
#0Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/26/04 at 2:29pm

I have an audition for a production of Pinocchio. Does anyone know any good monologues for childrens theatre auditions? I don't want to use anything too serious or classical because it's for kids but I'm at a loss.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Belle-arina
#1re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/26/04 at 7:30pm

I found this really funny audition once called, like, "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister"--I think. I just looked for it online, but I haven't found it yet--I'll keep looking though.

It's really funny, and not dirty or anything, so it's good for a children's show. I've used it before. If I can find my copy of it I'll just type it up--good luck!

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

xanado_girl
#2re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/28/04 at 2:40pm

Thanks SO much! That sounds like a good one.

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

Broadway is life04 Profile Photo
Broadway is life04
#3re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/28/04 at 3:36pm

Would The Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister have come from the book "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsisiter" by Gregory McGuire who wrote the book "Wicked"?

Belle-arina
#4re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/29/04 at 9:58am

No, it didn't come from the book--I used it back in like 2000, which was way before the book came out (I think). Plus, if the book was anything like the book Wicked, it is much darker than this monologue is.

*I'm still trying to find it online for you, by the way--let me know if you find it yourself :)

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

Belle-arina
#5re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/29/04 at 10:52am

I FOUND IT! I had the title wrong--it's actually called "Jealousy--the stepsister speaks out"

here's the link: good luck!

http://www.newfaces.com/talent/resources/9.html

xanado_girl
#6re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/29/04 at 11:10am

Thank you SO SO much. Tons of good karma for you!! It's so nice to know that people who don't even know eachother would help one another! What a nice sentiment right before the holidays. Thanks again.

Belle-arina
#7re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/29/04 at 12:28pm

No problem--let me know how the audition goes--Good Luck!

BroadwayDreams2 Profile Photo
BroadwayDreams2
#8re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/29/04 at 1:31pm

That's a great monologue. I got the lead in a play with it. It'll be perfect for your audition.

broadway_star_tomorrow Profile Photo
broadway_star_tomorrow
#9re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 11/29/04 at 1:44pm

I've used it before as well. It's a ton of fun. Good luck!

AKA Idina Pashmina

Type_A_Tiff: There's nothing hard about her. Broadway_star_tomorrow: Yeah. Her arteries.

Heaven
#10re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/15/04 at 3:30pm

Is the "Ugly Stepsister" monologue from a "published" play? This is a criteria for an upcoming audition. Thanks.

TheaterGeek91
#11re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/15/04 at 4:46pm

If the Ugly Stepsister one doesn't work out, there is a cute monolouge from Snoopy though that Sally Brown says- the Coat Hanger Monolouge. If you want I can PM it to you. I don't know just how young you are hoping to get though.

maybethistime
#12re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/15/04 at 5:19pm

ive done the stepsister one, and i think what you're thinking of is actually called THE STEPSISTER SPEAKS OUT. its from a book of original monologues for kids called ENCORE! MORE WINNING MONOLOGUES FOR KIDS (or something...)by a lady who's written a bunch of original monologue books so its not from a published play.

if we're thinkng about the same one does it go something along the lines of:
it isn't easy being the ugly stepster.
everyone always feels so sorry for poor little cinderella.
but what about me? i deserve a little sympathy, too.
(and so on)
?????

Heaven
#13re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/16/04 at 5:13pm

I am interested in monologues from "Published" plays appropriate for a 10 year old girl for an audition.

BroadwayBaby21
#14re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/16/04 at 5:15pm

I did the Ugly Stepsister monologue for acting class last year... i would say it is perfect for a children's theatre aud!

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#15re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/16/04 at 5:52pm

i know JACOBSTF works in children's theatre. you may want to PM him for an idea. good luck!

RIP glebby <3

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#16re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/16/04 at 6:39pm

cturtle calls and I answer-

The audition for me is now mostly a formality(I have worked with the same people for four years so the directors know everything we can do)

I have used both comic and serious monologues. Some of my favorites are the Act II opening of "The Fantastiks(shows off a storytelling voice) and a monologue from a certain version of "the little mermaid" where the prince is talking to Ariel and she can not talk(this shows off acting and comic)

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

Heaven
#17re: Auditioning for childrens theatre...
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:27pm

Where can I find these monologues?

Videos