Don't you hate....

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Belle-arina
#0Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 11:06am

The day after auditions? I hate them. I had an audition last night and now I'm waiting to hear if I got a call back. I have never not gotten called back for any of the shows on campus, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sitting hear with this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach waiting to read the list and NOT see my name! Plus--don't you hate it when you know you just gave an "okay" audition. I mean, I didn't mess up, and I hit all my notes, but it was just "okay." I'd almost rather just completely suck, at least then I wouldn't be wondering :) Okay, I just felt the need to get that out of my system, so everyone write if you hate audition nerves! :)

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 11:07am

Oh yes. I hate it. It really sucks.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#2re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 11:10am

good luck with that! let us know what happens!

and yeah after auditions can be stressful, they made me wait a week for my peter pan audition results

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

superperson
#3re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 12:35pm

Actually I don't. You can train yourself to enjoy anything. For example, you can go around being totally anxious and impatient, calling up your friends, being animated. It's fun.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#4re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 12:39pm

i hate it more when they tell you at auditions you got called back, do the callback and have to wait till AFTER they start rehersal for them to tell you that you were not cast.

Good Luck to you !!!

Belle-arina
#5re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:30pm

ooh that must suck. I had a similar thing happen once--only it was a little worse, if possible. I wasn't even going to audition for this play, because I wanted to do the musical on campus (and they don't usually cast you in both), but the director came up and told me that he had NO ONE to play the part and could I please audition. So, I did. Then the musical people didn't cast me because I told him that the play director didn't have anoyone for his show. Then I find out halfway through Christmas break that rehearsals from the play have already started--and he cast someone else!

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

LilElphaba
#6re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 2:59pm

GOOD LUCK!!! i hope you get the part you want!!

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#7re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/7/04 at 4:50pm

Ugh i hate that so much. I especially hate when your friend gets called before you, it makes it worse. Urgh.

Belle-arina
#8re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/8/04 at 10:19am

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your posts--you made me feel so much better. I did get the call back and I was happy with my performance, so I'll be okay even if I don't get cast.....but I really hope I get cast re: Don't you hate....

We'll see, I actually graduated from college last year, but our shows are open to alumni and community--but there's a chance he'll try to cast as many current students as he can--we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#9re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/8/04 at 10:41am

I try always to let go of an audition the moment I walk out of the room. I've done what I came there to do - which, as my acting teacher taught me, is to audition for my reputation, not for a specific role or show. Once they've seen what I can do - they'll either put me in their files or toss out my resume and what control do I have over any of it? none!...so I prefer to think of myself as "finished" with that audition and get ready for whatever lies ahead in the rest of my day, week, month and year...
Do your best, be happy and proud that you made it to the audition and did what you could do, and then leave it all behind.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Belle-arina
#10re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/13/04 at 1:02pm

Thanks for all of your help during my audition freak out, guys. The cast list just came out and I did get cast. Not in the part I wanted (Cinderella) but I did get Rapunzel, which is a good part too, so I'm happy.

Thanks again!

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#11re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/13/04 at 5:08pm

congrats, belle! break a leg re: Don't you hate....

RIP glebby <3

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#12re: Don't you hate....
Posted: 12/13/04 at 5:09pm

congrats! I'm sure you'll be great!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Videos