News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FestiveCheez

FestiveCheez Profile Photo
Member Name: FestiveCheez
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Marriages
 Sep 19 2004, 05:20:45 PM
Carolee Carmello and Gregg Edelman.
re: Brantley's predictable dis of Sir Andrew's latest
 Sep 18 2004, 03:25:54 AM
Now I have an idea what JRB meant in one of his interviews, when he said "I've seen my work dissected by Ben Brantley, who couldn't give a **** one way or the other."

This guy is one of those critics who, 50 years ago, would have said "Stephen Sondheim's music is crap because it's just not *hummable.*" Oh well. Can't please everybody.

Edit: Oops...double-post. Next time, I'll just use Edit from the beginning. >_<

re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
 Sep 14 2004, 01:08:41 AM
Awww...she's a cutie. I still don't want to see her on Broadway, but I wouldn't hesitate to tell her she'd be great.
*note to self: burn that book and score for "Lizzie McGuire - The Musical" I've been working on*

re: music theory
 Sep 14 2004, 12:55:05 AM
I have that Idiot's Guide. Haven't read far into it yet, but so far it's pretty straightforward and easy to follow. I also own a book called "Lies My Music Teacher Told Me," which tries to disprove some commonly held misassumptions about music. Again, I haven't read too far into it yet, but it seems to be pretty in-depth on a lot of things.

I've taken one theory class before, last spring. The class covered the basics, from keys to triads and dominant-sevenths. I feel a lot more com

re: songs about animals
 Sep 10 2004, 03:30:04 AM
"It's like a bbiblcal version of "Birds do it, bees do it...""

...even educated fleas do it. Cole Porter = well known for his lyrical animal references

It's a stretch, but "Four Black Dragons" from Pacific Overtures, uses an animal metaphor.
"The Day Off" from Sunday, has George talking-singing a dialogue between two dogs.
The Frogs is all about...well...frogs.
"If I Had A Fine White Horse" from Secret Garden.
Seussical is

re: What I Like About....Brent Barrett
 Sep 10 2004, 03:03:01 AM
Yep. Tall, good-looking, tenor-esque (though a lot of his high notes in "Closer Than Ever" sounded kinda washed-out) -- everything I'm not. Not bitter at all. :)
re: Stars and the Moon / Surabaya-Santa
 Sep 9 2004, 01:24:36 AM
Jessica Molaskey is just able to ACT her songs really well, even though she doesn't have, IMO, the greatest voice. It's a shame that her song in Parade is the ONE song on there that I don't really care for, 'cause I always skip it and never hear the life she brings to her character.
re: Murderers as Broadway Heroes
 Sep 8 2004, 12:54:25 AM
CARRIE THE MUSICAL!!!! =D
re: The Most Powerful Duets In Musical Theatre
 Sep 8 2004, 12:51:32 AM
"Some Enchanted Evening" gets pointage for being classic, I guess.
"You're The Top," maybe? Well, maybe not.
"With So Little To Be Sure Of".
"Barcelona".
"Lily's Eyes."
"All The Wasted Time."

And I'll think of more later.

re: The 'New' Broadway
 Sep 6 2004, 11:24:42 PM
JRB, of course. I'm really surprised his work hasn't been embraced my more producers yet, but he's definitely a cult icon, just as Sondheim is/was. Jonathan Larson was going places, and it's a damn shame that his life ended when it did. Adam Guettel is probably just so brilliant that I haven't been able to get totally into him yet, but I can't wait to hear "Light in the Piazza." Jeanine Tesori I'm not too familiar with yet. Bill Finn is awesome, 'nuff said. Also, there's the much-underlook
re: Will Aida go on tour?
 Sep 6 2004, 10:46:20 PM
I saw it in Denver in July 2001. I think it also played in San Francisco or San Jose sometime in the last year or so. So yeah, it's been around a lot of places.
re: Seussical?
 Sep 6 2004, 10:43:15 PM
Sheesh, there's no need for bickering here. =D

OhSoWicked, I envy you. I'd love a chance to do a show like this (not that there are any roles in it for me). "Seussical" is a pretty lighthearted (for the most part) show with a handful of GORGEOUS numbers. Audition for it and see what you get. I think you'll have a blast with this show. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You